Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

v30

Reaction score
12V Automotive Fuse and Relay Box, with Pre-Wires, Fuse Relay Block, Universal Fuse Block and Relay Kit for Cars Trucks Marine Boat https://a.co/d/dvmP8RU

Florotory

Reaction score
If you have a diesel just wire the AUX pdc for the switches. Not too hard to do. If you have a gasser then maybe an aftermarket option for the PDC would be cheaper and easier. I just added factory switches a few months ago. Not too hard of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meodom

Reaction score
Following what @Jimmy07 said, I took the time to locate my exact year and trim on Autotrader, which had the aux switches from the factory, as well as bill descent and other bells. It was essentially a fully loaded 21 Longhorn 2500 Diesel. The aux part number my local CDJR gave me differed vastly from the decoder ring posted earlier in this thread, so be mindful of that.

If I’m looking at the mopar kit above, it looks like it comes with the leads that are missing through the fire block, you just omit the leads that stop halfway and swap out with the leads shown in the install manual under A2. Perhaps I’m missing something.

What I’d like to know is if it’s worth the $380 for the PDC if I can get something like this on Amazon for $27 and it keeps my connections in the cab where I need them? I say like this… I’ll likely go the Eaton/Bussman route but still…?
I went with the aftermarket relay box and wiring kit from 4wheelelectronics. Worked great. Super easy install. I have a gasser. I think the diesels come with a PDC already installed.

v30

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t have the PDC on my truck unfortunately. It is a diesel. I’ve looked under the hood 4x expecting to find something different but I cannot locate them. $400 is twice the cost of the finished, polished switches. So I guess I’m just struggling with that part. $100 a switch from a macro perspective isn’t all that bad, if it’s done factory.

Florotory

Reaction score
I believe all diesels came with an AUX PDC. It has the cabin heating wiring in there. Should be on driver side under hood by the firewall.

Florotory

Reaction score
e14903c51ebb455ce37c59e81dd3f82f.jpg

Here’s a pic of it. I had the battery out when I took this pic. But it sits right behind the battery.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t have the PDC on my truck unfortunately. It is a diesel. I’ve looked under the hood 4x expecting to find something different but I cannot locate them. $400 is twice the cost of the finished, polished switches. So I guess I’m just struggling with that part. $100 a switch from a macro perspective isn’t all that bad, if it’s done factory.
Yes you do have one all diesels have it because its the cabin heater relay/fuse PDC aswell

v30

Reaction score
Right on, I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback!

v30

Reaction score
Here is a photo of my PDC. So the box is here, but the molex leads are not. Did I by chance miss a different thread on here that covers adding just the molex parts to the PDC? Thank you!

Attachments

• 60D53133-9A37-4899-83A7-583E4DED6AD0.jpeg
    60D53133-9A37-4899-83A7-583E4DED6AD0.jpeg
    641.3 KB · Views: 50

Meodom

Reaction score
Almost positive you can simply add the OEM harness with the terminal to plug wires into.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Here is a photo of my PDC. So the box is here, but the molex leads are not. Did I by chance miss a different thread on here that covers adding just the molex parts to the PDC? Thank you!
They are not molex connectors you can use them if you wish though, there is a thread here somewhere that outlined wiring up the PDC for aux switches

Florotory

Reaction score
Checkout Harrison’s garage on YT. He has a great write up on adding them. I did similar except I built a jumper harness so that I didn’t have to tap into the factory plug behind the switch bank.

Honestly it’s 10000x easier than it looks. I did a write up on making the harness. Just search my threads. Also there was someone on here selling a kit to wire it up if you don’t want build your own.

Hardest part will be finding the switch bank instock.

There’s a wiring diagram on my thread as well.

Personally I like the factory setup. The commercial menu is nice as well. That’s why I went the route I did.

v30

Reaction score
Ok cool, thanks again everyone. I’ve seen Molex 19419-0012 MX150L listed as an option as well as te connectivity. Appreciate the input.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the plug on the back of the panel where aux switches go, is the same, aux switches or not. all the connections / work to be done is at the PDC, then you have to enable it all.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Checkout Harrison’s garage on YT. He has a great write up on adding them. I did similar except I built a jumper harness so that I didn’t have to tap into the factory plug behind the switch bank.

Honestly it’s 10000x easier than it looks. I did a write up on making the harness. Just search my threads. Also there was someone on here selling a kit to wire it up if you don’t want build your own.

Hardest part will be finding the switch bank instock.

There’s a wiring diagram on my thread as well.

Personally I like the factory setup. The commercial menu is nice as well. That’s why I went the route I did.

It's a sticky.

TrevorSmoove

Reaction score
Is Last State not saving also an issue with the HDs, just like the 1500’s? Just installed everything and everything works except Last State is not saving after leaving switches on.

Redfour5

Reaction score
If you get get the aux switches, you lose the toggles and get two rows of buttons. At least from the photos that have been shown.
I found one with the Snow Chief Pkg (aux buttons) AND the 8.4 smaller screen. I got to keep all my analog climate control and "toggles" and get the Aux buttons... I appear to be in the distinct minority, but I prefer the 8.4 screen.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Is Last State not saving also an issue with the HDs, just like the 1500’s? Just installed everything and everything works except Last State is not saving after leaving switches on.

I only have one switch setup to last state, but it works just fine.

I appear to be in the distinct minority, but I prefer the 8.4 screen.

Likewise, the 12” screen just doesn’t do it for me. It takes way too much attention away from the road for simple tasks. Ram should figure out how to mount it horizontally.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I found this in my owners manual. It might help point you in the right direction to adjust your switch settings.

Attachments

• aux switch description.pdf
    204 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread