Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUX pass-thru wiring.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Id love any information you guys have on the other plug as I wouldn't need to cut up this other harness as I'm considering running power into my under bed boxes and it would be beneficial to just plug the harness in and have power to the back of the chassis when I get to that point.

It is ok to cut the harness. Just connect both ends to a bus bar. This will give you run/battery power in the cab, and you will still have run/battery at the back.

Ramtop

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the auxiliary switch/upfitter wire kit that comes with the truck new for a 2019 2500? I bought the truck used and the kit was missing. I found someone posted the part number for a kit back 2-3 pages but it was for a 2020 and up. Would the wires be the same?

Florotory

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the auxiliary switch/upfitter wire kit that comes with the truck new for a 2019 2500? I bought the truck used and the kit was missing. I found someone posted the part number for a kit back 2-3 pages but it was for a 2020 and up. Would the wires be the same?
The wiring for 19+ is the same

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
19-20 are the same kit.

21+ will have an extra jumper for a pass-through wring connector you won't have. The grey jumper for the pass-through you DO have, will have an extra wire for an additional circuit you don't have. Otherwise the same. ;-)

Bad Daddy

Reaction score
I’m looking at a 2024 and one of the options it has is Auxiliary Switches Prep- yet this truck, a Limited, has that Trailering option with the Dial, and no place for aux switches.

So what’s the Aux Switch Prep?

Ramtop

Reaction score
19-20 are the same kit.

21+ will have an extra jumper for a pass-through wring connector you won't have. The grey jumper for the pass-through you DO have, will have an extra wire for an additional circuit you don't have. Otherwise the same. ;-)
Thank you for explaining the differences

Ramit530

Reaction score
I’m looking at a 2024 and one of the options it has is Auxiliary Switches Prep- yet this truck, a Limited, has that Trailering option with the Dial, and no place for aux switches.

So what’s the Aux Switch Prep?
82216449ab_2022.jpg

The current switch pack is removed and replaced with what's pictured above, making them all push buttons

Bad Daddy

Reaction score
I didn’t know that this was an option!
Will dig further into the vehicle to see if fuses and relays are under the hood!

Users who are viewing this thread