Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic car wash

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Once a week if its not raining or snowing that day . I guess ours is considered touchless because it has soft cloth strips that lightly scrub and pressure nozzles not brushes but the wind turbine drier's still make you think its going to rip the hood and roof off ! Ours is only $19.95 a month unlimited so its hard to go wrong there ;)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I don't daily my Ram but I too have unlimited membership which also saves 15-25 cents per gallon on fuel. I wpuld go a few times a week when I was not driving a company vehicle to and fro. We live in the salt belt and even on nice winter days our vehicles get $hitty from salt dust, melting snow runoff, etc. It sucks but it's home. Just visited AZ and was jealous of how vehicles stayed clean and beyond that....rust free!

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device
We have 3 unlimited memberships on the same card, and the fuel savings go up for each additional membership. It varies depending on the price of fuel, but when it’s at ~$3.40 regular price, it’s a $0.45 discount. The membership starts at $13/mo for each vehicle, then goes to full price $30 each. When that happens, I’ll just negotiate like you do with phone and cable- tell them I’ll go to wash down the road, and they’ll start the promotions over again.

bfs673

Reaction score
Yes, until I got my dually, now I don't fit in any of our car washes. Hand wash for me now
Was considering a dually when I purchased my '21 (mixed feelings on whether I chose correctly).
At any rate, while considering, was looking at that issue.
We have a place that is the drive-in, then the machine moves around you. This WILL fit a dually, and the length of our CCLB also fits.

The added bonus is it's touchless. Doesn't do a great job, but helps keep the salt off during the winter.

SGTRAM

Reaction score
I have Unlimited membership from my local carwash. I wash my truck at least once a week on my way home from work. Sometimes twice a week, but we don't have snow here. Central Texas.

The sound inside the truck is bad, really bad. When the truck passes the dryer I can see the hood cave in. Scary.

I don't remember being this loud inside the cabin when I used to wash my 2016 3500. Same carwash.

9cebb3df438d2f875391992a1ec3457e.jpg

673522bdd27c1dc4dd186e7e29ada464.jpg

sstoner911

Reaction score
I never had an issue with my SRW trucks...the only damage I had was the back side of the passenger side mirror came off. The car washes are horrible about accepting and responsiblity. They all claim the car washes can cause no damage.

That pretty much soured me in car washes except the do it your self type...now that I have a dually that's the only option.

whitexc

Reaction score
Our local unlimited joint is great about accepting responsibility. I had the rear bumper caps come off my 2nd gen in the wash and not only were we able to find them both times, but they offered me a gift card for $75. Guy came out and filled out a report and everything. I snapped it back on each time and drove off. I declined the 2nd gift card and the truck sold shortly after. Funny thing is something must have changed about the wash as I never had an issue for the previous 9 years.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

just James

Reaction score
After reading the replies in this thread, I tried a different automated car wash than I used the first time. MUCH better. It did not sound like my expensive truck was being destroyed. Obviously some are better than others.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in here.

matski

Reaction score
My previous two Rams, 2005 and 2015, would get washed two times a year whether they needed it or not. Shortly after buying my 2021, I bought an unlimited wash membership in a local automatic carwash. Now my truck gets washed every time I drive to town.

Users who are viewing this thread