Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto High Beams not working-Dealer says my truck doesn’t have it. 2024 Limited Longhorn

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Sure enough… I’ve got it on my equipment listing and build sheet too. Sounds like you may not have it bro. That’s kind of a bummer too. It’s one of those sleeper features that I like a lot. Especially when we travel and it gets dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’d like to see if someone can help. I recently traded in a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited, on which the auto-dimming worked perfectly.
This 2024 is a Limited Longhorn Megacab. I’ll attach a photo of the window sticker. Since I got it, the auto dimming has not worked. It never displays a message on the dash. I’ve had it at the dealer twice and they can’t figure it out. I left the truck with them all day today, and finally they just said “your truck doesn’t have this option”.
I know anything is possible, but I find it hard to believe Ram would do away with this feature. I spoke to my salesman and he even tried to build another truck, but said there was no outright option for auto-dimming lights, so it’s not like he forgot to order it.
I put a call in to Ram Care, but the lady said they’d have to review the info and get back with me.
Anyone out there having this issue or know how to address it to get it working?View attachment 65867
It’s definitely a standard feature on 2024 longhorns. The ramtrucks.com build and price site lists it as standard, and the build guides list it as standard. If I go onto cargurus, every single 2024 longhorn VIN I plug into the equipment listing site lists the auto high beams under standard equipment.
Here’s one similar to yours:
IMG_0122.jpeg
It’s equipment listing:
IMG_0123.jpeg

I’d say you have enough different ammo to show that your truck is supposed to be equipped with it, but they’ll probably never actually add it to your truck, but rather compensate you for it.

At the end of the day, if you want the feature, you’re going to have to add it yourself with alfaobd. You already have all of the physical equipment on your truck for it, it just needs to be enabled in the body computer.

deanfx

Reaction score
Ive realized after reading this and looking at my bighorn, I'm poor :D

dmhines

Reaction score
If truck built during chip shortage it may have been left off.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
and your headlight switch is set to auto right? my auto high beams dont work if the headlight switch isnt in auto

pwrdbycotn

Reaction score
and your headlight switch is set to auto right? my auto high beams dont work if the headlight switch isnt in auto
Yes. I’m very familiar with how it all works as it worked perfectly on the ‘22 model I traded in.

Maxx

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. My trucks not even a month old a custom build 2500 longhorn no auto high to low beams no one seems to have an answer

pwrdbycotn

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. My trucks not even a month old a custom build 2500 longhorn no auto high to low beams no one seems to have an answer
Both Ram and my dealer basically told me tough ****. My salesman said “I’ll make up for it on the next deal.”

Maxx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’d like to see if someone can help. I recently traded in a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited, on which the auto-dimming worked perfectly.
This 2024 is a Limited Longhorn Megacab. I’ll attach a photo of the window sticker. Since I got it, the auto dimming has not worked. It never displays a message on the dash. I’ve had it at the dealer twice and they can’t figure it out. I left the truck with them all day today, and finally they just said “your truck doesn’t have this option”.
I know anything is possible, but I find it hard to believe Ram would do away with this feature. I spoke to my salesman and he even tried to build another truck, but said there was no outright option for auto-dimming lights, so it’s not like he forgot to order it.
I put a call in to Ram Care, but the lady said they’d have to review the info and get back with me.
Anyone out there having this issue or know how to address it to get it working?View attachment 65867
Same exact issue. The dealer that sold it to me said the feature should exist but no one knows how to activate it. I traded in two trucks that both had it one longhorn one bighorn

dmhines

Reaction score
Post a picture of rear view mirror to see it’s correct one.

dmhines

Reaction score
I added auto high beam to my truck and the mirror doesn’t look like that. My stock auto dimming mirror without auto highbeam looked like that.

pwrdbycotn

Reaction score
That looks like the base mirror not auto high beam mirror.
Just curious how you came to that conclusion? It has the front camera, the truck also has adaptive cruise control and lane sense, both of which work. It’s also the rearview mirror that has the live view if you flip the switch. This truck listed for $106,xxx. How in the hell could there possibly be a better mirror?

dmhines

Reaction score
Just going by what mine looks like but I don’t have the other features you have.

pwrdbycotn

Reaction score
Just going by what mine looks like but I don’t have the other features you have.
It’s the correct mirror, trust me. They just didn’t program it in the body module. The fact that they pretend as though they can’t fix it makes me debate whether to get another ram next time or switch to Ford. The only thing keeping me with Ram now are the Ram boxes. Both of my Ram boxes are full of Milwaukee tools and batteries and if I went to a different truck I’d have to do something with all that stuff.
**** like this is the reason Ram trucks are by far the worst selling trucks on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread