Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Steering Controls Retrofit

ericcloe

Reaction score
Well I installed my steering wheel and the volume control on the right does not work. I then ordered a replacement right button and tried it and still nothing. What is weird is the center button on the switch switches between sources just fine but the up and down do nothing. The left button changes channels fine and switches presets as expected. Any ideas.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Well I installed my steering wheel and the volume control on the right does not work. I then ordered a replacement right button and tried it and still nothing. What is weird is the center button on the switch switches between sources just fine but the up and down do nothing. The left button changes channels fine and switches presets as expected. Any ideas.
Does the switch work fine with your original radio, but only have problems with the 8.4nav radio installed?

Maka14

Reaction score
I can’t for the life of me get the air bag to
Clip in. It’s Ike it won’t go back all the way. I either get one side or nothing. And the springs are out

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I can’t for the life of me get the air bag to
Clip in. It’s Ike it won’t go back all the way. I either get one side or nothing. And the springs are out
Go back and read starting at post #54. I had the same issue.

Maka14

Reaction score
Go back and read starting at post #54. I had the same issue.
I’ve read it over and over. But I’ve just watched a video earlier saying you do have to push the clips in to lock them in and quickly push the air bag in place firmly and fast. Or else either one side clicks in or neither. As soon as you place the air bag up it’s like it wants to pops those springs out automatically. I tried for nearly 45 minutes. And using the pick tool it’s not working and I’m started to leave little round spots on my air bag from trying to reach the tool around while pressing hard on the air bag in ward

Grateful Dad

Reaction score

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
By ordering the parts in this thread yourself from any of the multiple online mopar parts dealers that discount list prices you can get it done for like $450 in parts instead of $600 in that kit.
I’ve been taking copious notes!

rfixitman

Reaction score
By ordering the parts in this thread yourself from any of the multiple online mopar parts dealers that discount list prices you can get it done for like $450 in parts instead of $600 in that kit.
Can you send the part numbers please
Much appreciated.

Bandit400

Reaction score
Can you send the part numbers please
Much appreciated.

Here you go:
Link to installed Pictures:
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/audio-steering-controls-retrofit.2846/post-76433

Audio Control retrofit Part List for Black color Leather wrapped steering wheel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Left and Right Switch Screw Covers (Black color) - Mopar (7ED50TX7AA) and (7ED51TX7AA)
Steering wheel with provisions for Radio Switches (Black Color) - Mopar (6WR73TX7AA)
Steering Wheel Wiring Harness - Mopar (68449274AA)
Radio Control Switch, Left - Mopar (56046099AD)
Radio Control Switch, Right - Mopar (56046098AD)
BEZEL for Radio Switch. Steering Wheel Switch. Left, Right. (7BK04TX7AA)
BEZEL for Radio Switch. Steering Wheel Switch. Left, Right. (7BK03TX7AA)

DirtyDan75

Reaction score
Hit the jackpot on eBay today, $120 shipped for this bad boy. Includes everything but the airbag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-212856_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220317-212856_eBay.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 26

rfixitman

Reaction score
Here you go:
Link to installed Pictures:
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/audio-steering-controls-retrofit.2846/post-76433

Audio Control retrofit Part List for Black color Leather wrapped steering wheel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Left and Right Switch Screw Covers (Black color) - Mopar (7ED50TX7AA) and (7ED51TX7AA)
Steering wheel with provisions for Radio Switches (Black Color) - Mopar (6WR73TX7AA)
Steering Wheel Wiring Harness - Mopar (68449274AA)
Radio Control Switch, Left - Mopar (56046099AD)
Radio Control Switch, Right - Mopar (56046098AD)
BEZEL for Radio Switch. Steering Wheel Switch. Left, Right. (7BK04TX7AA)
BEZEL for Radio Switch. Steering Wheel Switch. Left, Right. (7BK03TX7AA)
Thank you i appreciate it

bugmanmech

Reaction score
Will part number steering wheel 6wr76tx7aa work for the audio upgrade? Seems to have same codes as the 6wr73tx7aa when looking online. Maybe color and/or trim is different. Don't know doesn't matter for my install.

01Time

Reaction score
Will part number steering wheel 6wr76tx7aa work for the audio upgrade? Seems to have same codes as the 6wr73tx7aa when looking online. Maybe color and/or trim is different. Don't know doesn't matter for my install.
Both 6WR76TX7AA and 6WR73TX7AA show sales code RDZ (steering wheel mounted audio controls). Looks like the main difference is that 6WR76TX7AA has sales code NHS (heated steering wheel).

bugmanmech

Reaction score
Thanks for the verification. I might add it's lot cheaper. Must come just the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread