Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running a 295/65/20 on stock suspension?

Arth

Reaction score
how do you like those tires? I had ridge grapplers in my tundra and loved them. do you feel the truck any different? thanks! the truck looks great btw!
Thanks!

Well the obvious stuff is these tires are a lot heavier. The normal 1 MPG loss is definitely there. Traction is much much better than the stock tires. I currently have these aired down until I tow heavy and they have responded very well.

They've got some noise above 45 but nothing crazy. My Cooper zeon LTZs were much louder than these.

Considered the ridge grapplers but went with the recons because of the mileage warranty and the better price at the time.

Overall very pleased!

Joe_Lee

Reaction score
Bumping this thread, can anyone confirm that with 295/65R20s (ridge grapplers or similar) AND the Thuren high clearance sway bar that there is no rub at all?

I originally bought 35/12.5R20 ridge graps last week but they rub slightly on the radius arms, no big deal really but since my wife wants a set of 35s for her Jeep, I'm putting them on hers and I have ordered 295/65r20 ridge graps. I don't mind buying the high clearance sway bar, so just asking for clarity.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
The Sway Bar is designed to Clear. Most likely you will have Rub on the Radius arms unless installed on After market offset wheels. + 18 or more.

Ramcat

Reaction score
I’ve got this set up and still rub slightly on radius arms. It leaves a little rub mark but I cannot feel it when turning full lock.

Joe_Lee

Reaction score
Ok the current 35/12.5s rub on the radius arms slightly so I was hoping the 295s (11.77”) would not rub. I guess the only way to ensure no rub on the radius arms is to go to a 285/65r20?

Joe_Lee

Reaction score
Thanks guys, sounds like running stock 20s with anything larger than the factory size results in minor rubbing. I think I’ll upgrade to the Thuren high clearance sway bar and just live with the minor rub on the radius arms. I know I’m likely in the minority but I really like the stock 20” wheels on my truck.

Razorschaos

Reaction score
I’m looking at the 295/65/20 ridge grapplers as well. I’m on stock suspension on my 2500 but looking at getting new wheels as well instead of the NE wheels. I’m looking at 20x10 wheels with a -18 offset. I’m assuming I will run somewhere even with the offset. I’d love to do the thuren 2/1 lift since I prefer some rake with the sway bar but at another $3K, I’m considering doing the 295/65/20 versus getting the lift and running 35x12.5s.

Also, I don’t have the off-road suspension.

dddoug

Reaction score
I’m looking at the 295/65/20 ridge grapplers as well. I’m on stock suspension on my 2500 but looking at getting new wheels as well instead of the NE wheels. I’m looking at 20x10 wheels with a -18 offset. I’m assuming I will run somewhere even with the offset. I’d love to do the thuren 2/1 lift since I prefer some rake with the sway bar but at another $3K, I’m considering doing the 295/65/20 versus getting the lift and running 35x12.5s.

Also, I don’t have the off-road suspension.
I'm running a BFG K02 295/65/20 on stock rims with 1" wheel spacers. No rubbing on anything.

dddoug

Reaction score
What kind of spacers are you running? Any way you can share a pic of how much poke you're getting with the spacers?
Bought used alum. spacers local. See pic-

Attachments

• 000_1191.JPG
    000_1191.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 80

jrf

Reaction score
I'm running a BFG K02 295/65/20 on stock rims with 1" wheel spacers. No rubbing on anything.
Did you try those without the spacers first? If so where did they rub?

I like the look of this and also having a really hard time finding spacers.

Personally I would want to keep a hub centric spacers and I did find these:

not cheap though. Anyone else go this route?

Ostracize

Reaction score

Not him but I run the same size tire.. Rub is on the radius arms and sway bar.

I don't run spacers... Some do, I do not. Just installed a thuren setup with high clearence radius and sway bar with leveled springs new shocks ... Way more than spacers but no more rub. But my plan is once these tires are done going new 20x9 wheels with 35x12.5 tires. This setup can technically handle 37s depending on tire and backspacing. 37s aren't for me.

Last edited:

dddoug

Reaction score

No, didn't try without the spacers. I wanted sidewalls even with factory fender flare. This is close.

Those spacers look like mine. Note - I had to use a cut off wheel to shorten factory studs. a 1" or 11/2" spacers will require to cut factory studs. Studs will hit back side of the factory wheel.

Reactions: jrf

Neil

Reaction score
2019 Ram leveled with stock laramie wheels… would a 295/65/20 rub?

Last edited:

Ewoodard

Reaction score
2019 Ram leveled with stock laramie wheels… would a 295/65/20 rub?
Mine rub slightly at full lock on passenger side track bar and radius arm. Toyo Open Country R/T Trails.

Users who are viewing this thread