Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone add an auto-dimming mirror?

herdbull

Reaction score
I would like to replace the oem flip style mirror that came on my '22 Tradesman. Everything I'm finding for aftermarket options is the digital style mirror. Anyone have a link or experience with just an auto dimming rear view mirror?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

I believe it can be done aswell as auto high beams if you are interested jimmy knows more on the subject

herdbull

Reaction score
My gut tells me this should fit (68325128AA) but I would need the corresponding plug and have to run wires. Which I'm ok with. The local parts counter guys here aren't really much help. I would assume the mounts on the windshield would be the same. But I'm not really sure.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Mirror with auto high beam and auto dim- 68312206AA

or Mirror with auto dim only- 68453788AA

Mirror header harness, without cab lights- 68475612AA

or Mirror header harness with cab lights- 68475611AA

Lower cover- edit- searching for part number

Upper cover- edit- searching for part number

2nd upper cover- edit- searching for part number

And AlfaOBD to turn the features on.

Last edited:

herdbull

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the part numbers. Could a guy just wire this to a switched power source and not spend the $60 on the wiring harness and needing AlfaOBD? I don't have AlfaOBD and the cost for that and harness is more than the mirror.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the part numbers. Could a guy just wire this to a switched power source and not spend the $60 on the wiring harness and needing AlfaOBD? I don't have AlfaOBD and the cost for that and harness is more than the mirror.
Nope, it needs the linbus circuit to function, and AlfaOBD needs to change the BCM settings to make it work.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
What are the settings that need changed?
Auto Dim Mirror:
VehConfig 3: Interior Electrochromic Mirror Present- YES
LIN & Misc- CRVMM Present- YES

Auto High Beam- above settings plus:
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- CRVMM
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Auto Dim Mirror:
VehConfig 3: Interior Electrochromic Mirror Present- YES
LIN & Misc- CRVMM Present- YES

Auto High Beam- above settings plus:
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- CRVMM
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
Does the auto highbeam have a special windshield required for the sensor? Or will the standard windshield work?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
**I Edited my post above**
I don’t think the covers I posted have the hole for the auto high beam camera, so I’m trying to double check that. I’ll re-post the correct covers for both types of mirrors when I figure that out.

blbrown

Reaction score
**I Edited my post above**
I don’t think the covers I posted have the hole for the auto high beam camera, so I’m trying to double check that. I’ll re-post the correct covers for both types of mirrors when I figure that out.
I just installed the mirror with both auto high beam and auto dimming that you listed here, I already had the auto dimming mirror without auto high beam. My existing wiring and mirror covers were ok and the cover already had the cutout for the high beam camera. I am real happy with this new mirror, the dimming area is bigger and seams to work much better than my original mirror. Its isn't dark enough yet to see if high beam comes on, will be testing later and let you know.
Got the mirror on Ebay for $150

blbrown

Reaction score
I just installed the mirror with both auto high beam and auto dimming that you listed here, I already had the auto dimming mirror without auto high beam. My existing wiring and mirror covers were ok and the cover already had the cutout for the high beam camera. I am real happy with this new mirror, the dimming area is bigger and seams to work much better than my original mirror. Its isn't dark enough yet to see if high beam comes on, will be testing later and let you know.
Got the mirror on Ebay for $150
Auto high beam works, but it seems not to be sensitive enough. Twice after a vehicle coming at me the headlights dimmed but then a couple of seconds later went high making the other vehicle flash their brights at me. Whish there was a way to adjust sensitivity.

blbrown

Reaction score
Update, I took the sensor for auto high beam apart and painted the interior white, thinking this might increase the light sensitivity, will know tonight when it's dark enough to test.

blbrown

Reaction score
I ordered the mirror cover ( 6PA22TX7AB ) for my install and yes it comes with the cut out for the auto high beam sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread