Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

ahhhr

Reaction score
If any of you folks have a water leak coming in at the drivers side A-Pillar grab handle, dripping on your left knee and on your headlight switch... there is a TSB to replace the sunroof with an updated assembly. I took mine in 2 weeks back with video from 2 storms that show the water running down the dash and it's origin. I now wait for a new assembly to arrive and I'll return the truck for the swap.
I just got that too. On order now.
Weird that i got thru a whole rainy season without a problem till now. Had a very heavy rain last week but it wasnt the first time my truck saw heavy rain.

I just hope my "pick up the truck" experience is better than the drop-off experience. Im actually a very patient and understanding customer but somehow auto dealers seem to always press my buttons for no reason.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Weird that i got thru a whole rainy season without a problem till now. Had a very heavy rain last week but it wasnt the first time my truck saw heavy rain.

I just hope my "pick up the truck" experience is better than the drop-off experience. Im actually a very patient and understanding customer but somehow auto dealers seem to always press my buttons for no reason.
Amen to that! I am growing more and more intolerant of auto dealers/salesman, by the day.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood fingers crossed I haven't had any leaks from my sun roof truck

npurdy1112

Reaction score
2019 3500 gas 6.4 drw. Truck has shut off while turning with steering wheel locked in a cul de sac. Kills the engine, shift to park and have to restart the truck. This is happened 2-3 times in almost a year now.

anyone else have this happen?

called the local dealer for an apt and earliest with a loaner they have is 12/3! Will update when i know more

Burnt Piston

Reaction score
If I hit rumble strips wrong (happened 3 times) I get no abs, trailer breaks in up, service abs, and cruise control in op. I have to sit and wait 20 minutes starting the truck then turn it off then drive a little with all the faults turn it off and start it again to get everything clear. WTF!!!!

@JC

Reaction score
1st step: check your fuses to see if they're tight.

Nick

Reaction score
9000 miles so far about 7000 of them towing 14000 behind me . No problems ! Makes hard pulls look easy .

Squatch

Reaction score
I have the 6.4. First truck I’ve had to plan ahead and grab a stool or flip a five gallon bucket over in order to reach the dipstick. I’ve tried standing on the tow hooks, the bumper doesn’t help. This truck makes me feel like a dog trying to get ahold of something on the kitchen counter.

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I have the 6.4. First truck I’ve had to plan ahead and grab a stool or flip a five gallon bucket over in order to reach the dipstick. I’ve tried standing on the tow hooks, the bumper doesn’t help. This truck makes me feel like a dog trying to get ahold of something on the kitchen counter.
1604879506342.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Where's the dipstick on the 6.4?

I can reach it on my 6.7 3500 and I'm not that tall.

Oh, wait, I do have monkey arms...

Sent from my work avoidance device

Mike67

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any issues yet with their new HDs? I'm close to ordering mine and I'm little hesitant being its the first year, even though I know it isn't completely all new.
Popped a P1404 code on the 3rd day after 124 miles. Went back to the dealer for 3 days to replace the EGR system. Driver side bed cap had one plastic clip smashed on versus in the hole. Tailgate bed cables were different lengths, one was either a 1/4" too long or the other was a 1/4" inch too short. Today, the Uconnect 8.4 reset while driving for no apparent reason. Will be going back to the dealer on Monday to remedy the issues. Almost forgot, dealer scratched one of the doors when it went in for service on the EGR valve, tried to say it wasn't them, but in the end they did the right thing.
I certainly enjoy the truck, however if it wasn't for what Ram Care did for me for my troubles, I would be a lot more heated. Is a 2020 2500 6.4 Hemi.

GTMF

Reaction score
2020 ram 3500 at 14.k miles whole right side TPMS sensors went out, Went to the dealer they are on backorder for two months!! Also the rubber piece on the shifter column ripped.

rsday75

Reaction score

Good luck. Same leak on mine. Sunroof replaced. Still leaked.
Went back again, and 3 cab lights had fog in them.......which I mentioned before the the sunroof replacement......anyway, those have been replaced......so far so good....

Users who are viewing this thread