Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Heckyl

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. My passenger side occasionally won't close when it's out and complains that it's obstructed even thought it's not. I haven't had a chance to get under and see if there's any grit or whatnot in the mechanism. if there's not i'll have them look at it at the dealership.

Ive had some mud on my step and haven’t yet gone under truck to see the operation with someone opening and closing door. I will check it out in several days and let you know if I find the dried mud affected it.

Heckyl

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. My passenger side occasionally won't close when it's out and complains that it's obstructed even thought it's not. I haven't had a chance to get under and see if there's any grit or whatnot in the mechanism. if there's not i'll have them look at it at the dealership.

I cleaned up some dried mud on the step mechanism and motor and seems to be operating fine so far.

@JC

Reaction score
I'm starting to get phantom wipe front park sensors/front park sensors disabled messages. They randomly come on at start up or even while driving and then after a while it goes away and my sensors are re-enabled. Checked all the fuses are seated properly as I've also been blowing right or left side trailer brake/turn signal fuses with either of my trailers connected. The trailers caused no issues when they were attached to my previous Jeep GC or when I tested them on my wife's Infiniti Qx80.

Just a couple of things I need to bring in for the dealer to check when I get time. Not a big deal.

craiglud

Reaction score
I was having some issues where the sounds system would not start up - nothing would play audio. AM/FM/Sirius or bluetooth. Dealer did a software update and so far so good.

Svon89

Reaction score
So, I might as well put this out there because I am just plain depressed about how long my truck has been down.
I have a 2019 big horn 2500 with the 6.4 and 8 speed transmission. Starting at just over 1000 miles the transmission would randomly shift to neutral. Not often, but when it happens in an intersection you tend to get an oh crap moment. The message that came up that time was shift into park then into desired gear. The dealer opened a Star case, did software updates and flashes, and replaced the transmission control valve. This was around 6000 miles, and all was fine until it happened again at 9000ish miles. This time it was when I was backing into a driveway so I took a video before I shifted to park and reverse again. I researched all manufacturers and they all have issues, but of course I got one in my new ram. The Dealer has been trying, but this is not an issue they can reproduce. My big issue is I just don’t feel safe putting my kids into this truck if I ever get it back, I can’t afford to loose the huge amount of money to just dump it, and after talking to a Chrysler rep again today just don’t feel warm fuzzies that the issue will actually be resolved. Take it for what it’s worth, there will be problem vehicles with any manufacturer, but when I had an issue with my old Chevy even though it was out of warranty there was a paper trail indicating issues before (it was the 2010 afm engine known for excess oil consumption) Chevy took care of me and made me feel like I mattered. Not so much with my current Chrysler rep.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Minor nuisance.... everytime I started the truck today it was showing the tropical storm warning on the display. It's been gone from my area for over 24hrs now

Habu987

Reaction score
Minor nuisance.... everytime I started the truck today it was showing the tropical storm warning on the display. It's been gone from my area for over 24hrs now
Same on my '19 1500, I think that's a Sirius issue.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
So, I might as well put this out there because I am just plain depressed about how long my truck has been down.
I have a 2019 big horn 2500 with the 6.4 and 8 speed transmission. Starting at just over 1000 miles the transmission would randomly shift to neutral. Not often, but when it happens in an intersection you tend to get an oh crap moment. The message that came up that time was shift into park then into desired gear. The dealer opened a Star case, did software updates and flashes, and replaced the transmission control valve. This was around 6000 miles, and all was fine until it happened again at 9000ish miles. This time it was when I was backing into a driveway so I took a video before I shifted to park and reverse again. I researched all manufacturers and they all have issues, but of course I got one in my new ram. The Dealer has been trying, but this is not an issue they can reproduce. My big issue is I just don’t feel safe putting my kids into this truck if I ever get it back, I can’t afford to loose the huge amount of money to just dump it, and after talking to a Chrysler rep again today just don’t feel warm fuzzies that the issue will actually be resolved. Take it for what it’s worth, there will be problem vehicles with any manufacturer, but when I had an issue with my old Chevy even though it was out of warranty there was a paper trail indicating issues before (it was the 2010 afm engine known for excess oil consumption) Chevy took care of me and made me feel like I mattered. Not so much with my current Chrysler rep.

I am deeply sorry that you even have to feel this way, much less this soon in your ownership experience @Svon89. If you would be willing to send us a private message with additional details of your situation, we would be more than willing to look into this further to determine how to best assist at this point.

Mark
RamCares

zhauler

Reaction score

yeah the nav weather is lacking, to put it mildly...

considering we are in 2020, this should be a simple ui to build out.... especially since it interfaces with android auto!

2020 3500 ho Laramie blacked out with a build date of 03/20:
no issues at this time.
no rattle on the body mounts
no issues with ac
no issues with dpf (yet lol)
alignment seems to be okay
stock firestones suck, going to replace with Michelin next paycheck
I think I have power assist steering, no trouble in lots
tinted windows and windshield no issues with vis or remote start

the fact that you can't read obd natively is dumb.
the camera "auto off" would be nice to disable... (like to keep an eye on cargo etc)

I did purchase the 8/125 bumper to bumper warranty and the diesel maintenance package.
to the best of my knowledge this covers all scheduled maintenance costs, and oil change up to 60 bucks for the oil itself.
filters (fuel and oil) are covered.
the aisin fluid / filter changes are covered from what I'm told

I got the maint package because I want the dealer to do all the work and not have to try to account for my maintenance if something blows up. putting all that responsibility on mopar

the only thing that sucks about that stuff is I can't mod, but I figured with the new cgi block and aisin trans it's probably a safe bet...

I'm hoping no issues, but I paid to improve my odds at not losing my ass if something breaks

also, this truck is a beast! no regrets.

zhauler

Reaction score
my obd reader wouldn't read values until I got the bypass put in... using obdlink mx+ but I may have been doing it wrong... I'm new to the dodge family ;)

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
yeah the nav weather is lacking, to put it mildly...

considering we are in 2020, this should be a simple ui to build out.... especially since it interfaces with android auto!

The I thought the NAV Weather was part of UConnect and not AA... honestly I don't use *any* of the baked in 'features' of Uconnect... slow, not intuitive, and dodgy at best...

zhauler

Reaction score
well I plugged in the edge cts3 and got zero values... returned it and then found out about the obd lockout... never had a chance to try with the obd bypass...

got the bypass and the mx+ then connected alfaobd and was able to see all the values...

gm didn't restrict the obd so it's a new thing to me with the bypass...

I'm a techie by trade so I love numbers and values...

if you've got some suggestions for me, I'm willing to learn...

drew

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
well I plugged in the edge cts3 and got zero values... returned it and then found out about the obd lockout... never had a chance to try with the obd bypass...

got the bypass and the mx+ then connected alfaobd and was able to see all the values...

gm didn't restrict the obd so it's a new thing to me with the bypass...

I'm a techie by trade so I love numbers and values...

if you've got some suggestions for me, I'm willing to learn...

drew

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I was able to read from the OBDII using a cheap ELM327 reader ($22 BAFX) and the Torque app before I got my bypass cable and AlphaOBD up and running.

But I've slept since so I could be mistaken.

For just monitoring, I prefer using Torque Pro. There's a custom PID file available for the Cummins. Check out the thread below.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with their front parking sensors? Once almost every drive I'll get a notification on the EVIC saying "Front park sensors unavailable, wipe off sensors." Having them error out is typically a non issue since I back into all my parking spots but today they were alerting me while I was in reverse which was absolutely annoying.

OA

zhauler

Reaction score
I turned off my park sensors after the first week or so.. they need to keep updating their software...

forgot to mention that, yes... all of my fuses/relays needed to be seated fully... weird...

I do believe the contact was full from the factory, just not seated fully in the slot...

no fuses fell out, or caused any issues that brought me to check...

truck has been solid the first 1100 (flat highway miles). I'm glad I joined the ram / cummins family (did it for the cummins, not gonna lie).

generally people hit the forums when they have problems, I'm just being honest about my experience so far... if I have a issue you will know :D

drew

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Yesterday on my way to work I turned the screen off on the back roads. When I got back on the main road with street lamps I touched the screen and the audio immediately sounded like what I can only describe as AM radio with ****ty reception. Still on the same sirius channel, but sounded like all my speakers turned into drive thru audio

Tried to turn the radio off then on, same. Switched to FM and Bluetooth, same. Got to work, turned the truck off then back on, same.

Did my workday, decided my second-to-last resort was unplug the battery for a bit before leaving, but fortunately never got to that. Started the truck and it was fine

My last resort is always the dealer

Users who are viewing this thread