Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Firstram1980

Reaction score
They checked the sway bar and no issues found at this time. Could be sprung thought though causing the clunk. It’s in my short list to replace.

Get it in. They will be able to but be VERY VERY specific. I had videos and it took them a min.

Unknown at this time. I haven’t heard the clunk yet but the grind seems to be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any update on the body mounts fixing the clunk?

Just made an appointment for late next week to get mine checked out. Hoping for the best

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Any update on the body mounts fixing the clunk?

Just made an appointment for late next week to get mine checked out. Hoping for the best

Body mounts didn’t fix the clunk but fixed the grinding noise which is a good step.

Hopefully more to come on the clunk noise.

Here is my video update if you would like to get more detail on the process so far

Firstram1980

Reaction score
Body mounts didn’t fix the clunk but fixed the grinding noise which is a good step.

Hopefully more to come on the clunk noise.

Here is my video update if you would like to get more detail on the process so far

Wow! Great video! The clunking sound is exactly what I have. However I don’t have the grinding noise.

Ill let you know if I find anything out next week when I take my truck in.

Thanks again!!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Wow! Great video! The clunking sound is exactly what I have. However I don’t have the grinding noise.

Ill let you know if I find anything out next week when I take my truck in.

Thanks again!!

Anytime thanks for the kind words. I hope we figure it out. I’ll keep you all posted and please do the same.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
That’s terrible. Makes my skin crawl.

So when you listen to it there is almost a point of a metallic clunk before the thud, that’s cab mounts. I can almost guarantee it.

After they replaced mine I still have the thud but no more metallic clunk.

Might then to bring it to the dealer.

Also if you guys need anything related to this PM me. I’ll give you my dealer name and service advisor and tech. Hopefully it could be streamlined when you all go in.

Firstram1980

Reaction score
That’s terrible. Makes my skin crawl.

So when you listen to it there is almost a point of a metallic clunk before the thud, that’s cab mounts. I can almost guarantee it.

After they replaced mine I still have the thud but no more metallic clunk.

Might then to bring it to the dealer.

Also if you guys need anything related to this PM me. I’ll give you my dealer name and service advisor and tech. Hopefully it could be streamlined when you all go in.

Dropping off at dealer Saturday. I’ll show them the video. There is a TSB for cab mounts for the 2500 so hopefully they take care of it.

I will say 95 percent of the time this is an amazing truck. Love the Hemi with the 8 speed, it’s actually fun to drive! The interior is way better than the competitors and it rides great accept when going over awkward bumps and inclines when the clunk happens. There is also a rattle somewhere in the back but rarely and only when going over something like railroad tracks.

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Dropping off at dealer Saturday. I’ll show them the video. There is a TSB for cab mounts for the 2500 so hopefully they take care of it.

I will say 95 percent of the time this is an amazing truck. Love the Hemi with the 8 speed, it’s actually fun to drive! The interior is way better than the competitors and it rides great accept when going over awkward bumps and inclines when the clunk happens. There is also a rattle somewhere in the back but rarely and only when going over something like railroad tracks.

Hey Firstram1980,

Please do not hesitate to follow up with me via private message to provide the previously requested details if you would be interested in the additional layer of support for your visit!

Mark
RamCares

BamaStar

Reaction score
My bed was crooked so the dealer sent it to a body shop that straightened it out. They brought another one over to drop off when mine was ready to be picked up. Ram - my 2016 1500 made in Warren, had lots of areas messed up in the paint. My 2012 charger had a shiny spot on the trunk, and now this. I just laughed and said "It's a Chrysler alright".

Firstram1980

Reaction score
Just dropped truck off and showed them video above. They acted like they couldn’t here anything wrong. I have no faith this is getting fixed. I’d bet my left nut they can’t even replicate. Hopefully they prove me wrong.....

Edit:
Was not proved wrong☹ Couldn’t replicate. Everything underneath checked out. Just going to live with it for now. Will just see if it gets any worse I guess.

Last edited:

Ufoldfirst

Reaction score
Mark
RamCares

How do I force an update to my Uconnect system? After a battery disconnect, the system went to basic. Lost SXM, cameras, daytime running lights, etc. Just basic radio. 8.4. How can I get it to update without a trip to the dealer? There is no online update for download. I'm a former Mopar tech (C/D/J/E) and prefer the do-it-myself-first technique.

Last edited:

thestuarts

Reaction score
How do I force an update to my Uconnect system? After a battery disconnect, the system went to basic. Lost SXM, cameras, daytime running lights, etc. Just basic radio. 8.4. How can I get it to update without a trip to the dealer? There is no online update for download. I'm a former Mopar tech (C/D/J/E) and prefer the do-it-myself-first technique.

Did you enter your VIN on the UConnect web site? If your vehicle is ready for an update, download the files and put them on a USB drive then follow the instructions in this video.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Did you enter your VIN on the UConnect web site? If your vehicle is ready for an update, download the files and put them on a USB drive then follow the instructions in this video.

Thank you for the assist on this @thestuarts! Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM if any additional support is needed @Ufoldfirst.

Mark
RamCares

thestuarts

Reaction score
Yes, as I said, there is no online update to download. Moot point now, everything is there this morning.

You didn't say where you checked online, so I just wanted to make sure you knew about the link I sent. Glad it worked out.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks Mark. Everything is up and running this morning. Strange how it takes many hours for it to wake up...

So glad to hear this update, thank you for taking the time to follow up! If you are ever in need of any additional support down the road, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread