Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Can't Have Phone Conversation

95Ctd

Reaction score
Nothing new to report. If I can make a call it's only the first one. Any calls after that I have no audio.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I have had issues with mine off and on, very similar to this... What other bluetooth devices do you have? I ultimately fixed mine by unpairing my smart watch and truck, setting up the truck first, then setting up the watch... I also don't talk on my watch, so I didn't give the watch permissions to make and receive calls. This has fixed my issue. I think my phone wanted the watch to be the primary bluetooth option, but not the primary phone call option (which is the phone itself). Hopefully this works for you, I haven't had any issues at all after my fix.

My wife's Tesla did something similar, she had to unpair her watch before the car would let her pair. Once that was done, she added the watch back and no more issues.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
it's either the phone or the android auto app...or both.

i have a 2022 3500 with the 8.4 (non-nav) and usually at least once a day (seems to be the first call of the day) when I call someone, I hear it ring and see on the screen that they picked up, but don't hear anything. I hang up and try the call in the same manner and works fine.

I say it's the phone or app because I rented a 2023 F150 last week and calls I attempted behaved the exact same way...

calls received in the rental and my 2022 have been fine

I have a S23 Ultra

95Ctd

Reaction score
it's either the phone or the android auto app...or both.

i have a 2022 3500 with the 8.4 (non-nav) and usually at least once a day (seems to be the first call of the day) when I call someone, I hear it ring and see on the screen that they picked up, but don't hear anything. I hang up and try the call in the same manner and works fine.

I say it's the phone or app because I rented a 2023 F150 last week and calls I attempted behaved the exact same way...

calls received in the rental and my 2022 have been fine

I have a S23 Ultra
I agree with that. I'm trying to figure out which. I was exploring upgrading phones to an S23 but given your response, I don't think that will fix it. Assuming it's the app on the phone. I have not gone anywhere with the wife recently to use her s20fe phone plugged in multiple times to see how that works or not.

762fmj

Reaction score
Try removing Samsung Smart switch from your phone. That seems to cause a lot of random issues. Also if you have battery optimization turned on try turning it to unrestricted.

95Ctd

Reaction score
I have now removed smart switch.
I don't see any where on the phone or Google to switch it to unrestricted.

762fmj

Reaction score
I have now removed smart switch.
I don't see any where on the phone or Google to switch it to unrestricted.
Not sure if you're still having this issue, but under your battery settings try switching off any power saving or adaptive settings. Then under settings>apps check any apps you have issues with and go into the battery settings for those and switch to unrestricted.

95Ctd

Reaction score
Not sure if you're still having this issue, but under your battery settings try switching off any power saving or adaptive settings. Then under settings>apps check any apps you have issues with and go into the battery settings for those and switch to unrestricted.
I have done that I will report back when I know.

95Ctd

Reaction score
I have done that I will report back when I know.
Negative, still doesn't work. Has to be something setting in my phone or just the phone. My wife's works fine every time I try it

95Ctd

Reaction score
I have preorder a Galaxy S24+.
Somewhere I found that the particular model number of my S21 I've had for 3yrs isn't compatible.
Not sure where that was but is apparently accurate and silly.
Will update when I have the new phone.

95Ctd

Reaction score
At wits end with this not working now have a brand new phone. Went from a Samsung Galaxy S21 to a S24+ and having the same issue.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
At wits end with this not working now have a brand new phone. Went from a Samsung Galaxy S21 to a S24+ and having the same issue.

Did you port over all your old apps? Is it possible you've got some app that's overriding permissions or "stealing" the call from Uconnect or AA? Or is this a blank slate phone, so to speak?

95Ctd

Reaction score
Did you port over all your old apps? Is it possible you've got some app that's overriding permissions or "stealing" the call from Uconnect or AA? Or is this a blank slate phone, so to speak?
Majority of things ported over except for maybe 2 apps.
I don't have any 3rd party apps or any apps I can think of that would cause this. I did go through on my old phone into "safe mode" to disable all extra apps and turn them on one by one and could not pinpoint anything. Have not tried that yet on the new one but imagine the results would be as inconclusive

jebruns

Reaction score
I have an ad blocker on my Samsung phone. I have to turn it off to get AA to work. It does not interfere with my BT phone calls over uConnect, but might be something like that going on.

762fmj

Reaction score
I resolved all my AA issues by going into developer settings and switching bpap from 1.2 to 1.1 and back again. You will need to lookup how to find the settings on your phone since every phone is different. Bpap is related to accessing phone directory via Bluetooth so I'm not sure why it helped me, but it sounds like it could probably help you?

95Ctd

Reaction score
Had a company tractor break down Wednesday so I had to go out bobtail to pickup the trailer. Surprise, couldn't hear the conversation.
Had to go out Friday and make a delivery on my way back had to call dispatch and surprise couldn't hear.
This was in an International LT.

I still have no idea what app or setting transferred from my old phone causing this issue.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Usually on a phone caller screen there is a small button where you could chose the audio source. Check if the Bluetooth is selected and if yes then try switching it from Bluetooth to a phone speaker and back.
Also if you have a VPN, turn it off before getting in a truck, or add the AA to an exception list in VPN settings. VPN will hinder wireless AA connection.

Users who are viewing this thread