Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Naviks finally got back with me and confirmed the $375 version is the model that we need for all cameras on while traveling function as well as the side cameras activate with turn signal use. Now must waiting for somebody to test it out and check out the quirks

RBarrett

Reaction score
That part was already established by Naviks. Mine is arriving tomorrow and I will install it on Friday. I will start using it shortly after that as I prep for my trip from NH to CO. Hopefully the Naviks people and I can find a suitable place to meet up that meets both our needs. We are planning the 23rd and 24th for this. The intent of this is to give them feedback and improve the unit. I will post here as I install this thing and start getting some impressions. If it works as well as I hope maybe we can get to that 10 people we need to get it for $300. I won't be holding my breath though.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
That part was already established by Naviks. Mine is arriving tomorrow and I will install it on Friday. I will start using it shortly after that as I prep for my trip from NH to CO. Hopefully the Naviks people and I can find a suitable place to meet up that meets both our needs. We are planning the 23rd and 24th for this. The intent of this is to give them feedback and improve the unit. I will post here as I install this thing and start getting some impressions. If it works as well as I hope maybe we can get to that 10 people we need to get it for $300. I won't be holding my breath though.
Hopefully the instal is as easy as unscrewing 2 screws and popping out infotainment and plugging it in. That is definitly quite the trip you have planned, will be a great test for the unit. I hope naviks i's giving you a really good bargain for helping them out to trouble shot it. Keep us posted of the instal before you go.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I'll still do one, but I know my disappointment is primarily going to be the lower half of the screen stuck on controls while the cameras are on. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. It kinda makes sense it has to be that way since part of that control screen is the camera selection, not just the seat climate controls and heated steering wheel.

The only thought I had was that I'd gladly give up one of the selectable screens - in particular the XM Travel Link - to have cameras on one all the time.

hpc3

Reaction score
I'm in for the group buy if they confirm the 8.4" unit is compatible for the "cameras on" functions.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I guess I might as well start stockpiling things for whenever the new truck arrives. Count me in for the group buy.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Once we get positive feedbacks, I'm not too worried we will get the 10 guys for the group buy.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hopefully like brutal commented about the bottom half screen bring stuck on controls that @RBarrett can suggest that correction to naviks when they have there sit down talk about improvements and suggestions.

RBarrett

Reaction score
The split screen issue is one of the first things I intend to discuss with them. My hope is they could make it split just like the other apps.

mlink

Reaction score
@ RBarrett Can you find out if their firmware can be flashed (either USB or wirelessly) for future updates or improvements that you end up discussing with them?

Either way, I'm still in for the group buy too...

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anybody discuss all the specifics to how a group buy would work. I ask for my own curiosity or naiveity.
1: how does naviks handle the personnel information of each individual on a group buy
A: credit card info
B: full name
C: billing address
D: return policy
E : warranty
F: ship time
G: ship address
2: the only thing that would make sense to me is for each individual to call naviks and to get the deal just say your with hdrams.com and maybe give a code word or something. So is there any real information that is shared on a group deal or is it all individual based just like a normal buy, just discounted..?
This it's probably why nobody wants me in on a group buy, I'm a high maintenance buyer and leave no detail undone all while maintaining my privacy as a full time rver. ;) :cool:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've already suggested in this thread a private discount code issued by naviks for each person.

If Naviks cannot accommodate online code use. our now lead group member contact @RBarrett , if willing, email naviks each member handle that's committed to buy. Question is how do we safeguard the info to keep it from ending up in the public domain and abusing Naviks' offer? Perhaps we PM our tel # to @RBarrett if he's willing to handle the GB, so there's a piece of personal info to pass along to naviks for confirmation. Open to other suggestions.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
If we keep absolutely everything in private with a naviks rep with brutals suggestion of an online code or just hey pass the word on your forum, code is bigdaddy38, and everybody call in to naviks individually, so all sales are 100% private and still listed as individual sales so no return policy or warranty is affected. So they are willing to take $75 off for a 10 person commitment, if they are willing to go to $110 off with 15 person commitment and we handle everything on a individual sale basis with a group discount code, than I would be interested. I don't see this happening, but just throwing it out there. 10 will probably be hard enough to get let alone 15.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If we keep absolutely everything in private with a naviks rep with brutals suggestion of an online code or just hey pass the word on your forum, code is bigdaddy38, and everybody call in to naviks individually, so all sales are 100% private and still listed as individual sales so no return policy or warranty is affected. So they are willing to take $75 off for a 10 person commitment, if they are willing to go to $110 off with 15 person commitment and we handle everything on a individual sale basis with a group discount code, than I would be interested. I don't see this happening, but just throwing it out there. 10 will probably be hard enough to get let alone 15.

I respectfully ask that we not try to beat up Naviks for a bigger discount and potentially offend them by disrespecting their already gracious offer.

$75 off a $375 item is pretty healthy @~20%.

Never forget: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I respectfully ask that we not try to beat up Naviks for a bigger discount and potentially offend them by disrespecting their already gracious offer.

$75 off a $375 item is pretty healthy @~20%.

Never forget: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.
We'll said. I'm good with being a hog, always looking for a better deal

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well, I've not heard from yah oh great naviks whispered. Did you get that thing or was it delayed in the mail thanks to our lovely gov cut backs on overtime

RBarrett

Reaction score
Well it is here. Double boxed peanuts and all. Looks just like what you see on naviks website. They recommended some type of velcro for the small box with their logo to stick to something so you don't get a rattle. It has a pretty long pigtail so I should be able to find a good place to attach it. Details of our meet up are coming together and they want our first impression phone call Monday. I will start install after finding some velco as the unit will need to come in and out when meeting up with them so I'm going to do it from the get go. Now I need to to uncover my truck/camper and get it out of hibernation. More details to follow.

Attachments

• 20200911_121916.jpg
    20200911_121916.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 20200911_121732.jpg
    20200911_121732.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 1,225

Phil T

Reaction score
I wish I knew what was in the secret black box. I'd make my own.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well it is here. Double boxed peanuts and all. Looks just like what you see on naviks website. They recommended some type of velcro for the small box with their logo to stick to something so you don't get a rattle. It has a pretty long pigtail so I should be able to find a good place to attach it. Details of our meet up are coming together and they want our first impression phone call Monday. I will start install after finding some velco as the unit will need to come in and out when meeting up with them so I'm going to do it from the get go. Now I need to to uncover my truck/camper and get it out of hibernation. More details to follow.
If I could just get a hold of a 3d printer and upload that picture I'd save myself 300+$ or if someone pushed naviks for a bigger discount if we had more people, say 15 for 110 off, then id sign on to that, but I get it if no one wants to rock the boat for a better deal, that's just what I do. You would think naviks would consider a 15 person deal for $4000, but somebody would have to sell them on it. Maybe only 10 sales is all they want. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread