Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost T-Boned in my 22 Power Wagon

mountainears

Reaction score
Now that seatbelts are a thing, seems like the new “fun” injury for EMS is the passenger legs on the dash or out the window. Besides the impact, you really don’t want to see what happens to people when their airbags go off and feet are in those positions.

Used to be the folks that were laying their seats way back while cruising, sliding them into the footwell and compressing them into a ball. But that doesn’t seem to be as much of a thing around here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrTron

Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that seatbelts are a thing, seems like the new “fun” injury for EMS is the passenger legs on the dash or out the window. Besides the impact, you really don’t want to see what happens to people when their airbags go off and feet are in those positions.

Used to be the folks that were laying their seats way back while cruising, sliding them into the footwell and compressing them into a ball. But that doesn’t seem to be as much of a thing around here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife of all people, the ex-paramedic turned nurse, is bad about this and I scold her constantly. I've seen some of that aftermath of pax legs/hips destroyed.

Not only that, but keep your dirty damn feet off my Limited dash!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Strange, works for me. Anyway, here's a screenshot as a workaround:

That's kinda the way hotlink blocks work.

Hotlink Protection prevents your images from being used by other sites. This can reduce the bandwidth consumed by your origin server.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Seatbelt argument aside, it seems like an absolutely crazy design that would throw the truck in park if a door is opened. I wonder what process the team imagined would happen when this decision was made.

DrTron

Reaction score
That's kinda the way hotlink blocks work.
Well, it wasn't like the forum couldn't pull the image from another server resulting in a "image not found"-image or similar (which would have been the hotlink issue), the forum itself declared the URL not valid, even with a .jpg suffix.
And even then everyone viewing this thread should have been able to access the direct link I provided. But that's all spilled milk, really.

wget https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gluing-rocks-on-your-steering-wheel-isn-t-good-karma-it-s-tempting-it-118454_1.jpg --2023-01-31 20:55:05-- https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gluing-rocks-on-your-steering-wheel-isn-t-good-karma-it-s-tempting-it-118454_1.jpg Resolving s1.cdn.autoevolution.com (s1.cdn.autoevolution.com)... 172.67.36.122, 104.22.39.242, 104.22.38.242, ... Connecting to s1.cdn.autoevolution.com (s1.cdn.autoevolution.com)|172.67.36.122|:443... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 229719 (224K) [image/jpeg]

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Seatbelt argument aside, it seems like an absolutely crazy design that would throw the truck in park if a door is opened. I wonder what process the team imagined would happen when this decision was made.
Supposedly It came about after that Star Trek guy ran over himself and unalived himself with his jeep

I was thrown off the first time it happened to me but I was in my yard, not oncoming traffic. The only time it was tricky was trying to spool up my winch by pulling the truck in neutral it wanted to park. 4Lo is the workaround.

It’s not really that big of a deal. Wear your seatbelt or close your door.

Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
Supposedly It came about after that Star Trek guy ran over himself and unalived himself with his jeep

I was thrown off the first time it happened to me but I was in my yard, not oncoming traffic. The only time it was tricky was trying to spool up my winch by pulling the truck in neutral it wanted to park. 4Lo is the workaround.

I misread. I thought OP claimed he was wearing it, which is why I made my comment. Lots of workarounds to this issue, but at least that makes the factory decision make more sense.

Too bad about the Russian Star Trek actor, I thought he did a good job in the movies.

jsalbre

Reaction score

You could also leave the transmission in park and put the tcase in neutral.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I don't see why this wouldn't work with the automatic transfer case. The manual even describes this for towing the vehicle, transmission in Park and transfer case in Neutral.

I may have to look up the procedure but i have not been able to get it to stay in neutral

jsalbre

Reaction score
I did it a few times in my 2020 with no issues.

WXman

Reaction score
So now that the seatbelt police have gotten all their whining out of their system, here's the answer to the OP's question:

Note that you can find those without the extra length if you shop around. I've been using them for two years on my Rams and Jeeps. Totally disables the mind-bogglingly stupid "AutoPark" programming.

Users who are viewing this thread