Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Powerwagon dump

jsalbre

Reaction score
Does anyone have a BCM settings dump from a Powerwagon they can share?

I’m looking into some settings changes and I want to see if my theory holds true.

Thanks!

Jcannon

Reaction score
I don't sorry , but am curious as to what your theory is?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Does anyone have a BCM settings dump from a Powerwagon they can share?

I’m looking into some settings changes and I want to see if my theory holds true.

Thanks!
I can’t find a power wagon log. What specifically are you curious about, I can probably answer it. There won’t be anything different except for VehConfig 7 axle locker and sway disconnect. Probably special package setting (EVIC startup pic), and hill descent control.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Sorry, not a theory, it was late and I was half asleep when I posted that. It made sense to my brain at the time.

I’m trying to enable the trail camera with guidelines. I’ve found some settings that look like they probably will enable it, but I’m hesitant to play with too much before confirmation.

I have the off-road package, so hill descent control is already there.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Never mind, I got impatient and tried it out. Success!

I’ll post the changes when I get back home and can pull up my document

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ok, so to make this work I changed “VehConfig 8: Off-Road Camera Present” and “Customer.Set.Menu 3: Forward Facing Camera Gridlines CSM Present” to “Yes”.

It took a few ignition cycles, but I got a setting for the gridlines under Settings/Camera and a button for “Forward Camera“ under apps.

29E1B4A7-2C22-43E1-9409-6AFA30666A70.jpeg

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
This is interesting. So, you were able to project your tire "track" on the front/forward facing camera? I would like to do this if you can share how you made it happen.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
This is interesting. So, you were able to project your tire "track" on the front/forward facing camera? I would like to do this if you can share how you made it happen.
The settings described above are changed using AlfaOBD. You need surround view camera system to make this happen, obviously.

jsalbre

Reaction score

Correct. This is a feature from the Powerwagon. Look through the manual and it’s detailed how it works.

As Jimmy said I enabled it via AlfaOBD.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I figured I would give this a shot last night, I turned the above settings on with Alfa OBD. I got the buttons in my display, but they don't function. I can check the gridlines on, but it doesn't stay and gives a message of "settings did not save". Also, the top down surround view stopped displaying. The individual cameras display images, but the stitched together top view is black. Does it take a while for these items to "correct" themselves?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I figured I would give this a shot last night, I turned the above settings on with Alfa OBD. I got the buttons in my display, but they don't function. I can check the gridlines on, but it doesn't stay and gives a message of "settings did not save". Also, the top down surround view stopped displaying. The individual cameras display images, but the stitched together top view is black. Does it take a while for these items to "correct" themselves?

I changed the settings and then had a 2 hour drive to my next campground. When I checked later in the day it was functioning.

Can you post up your current settings? I’ll compare them to mine and see if anything camera related is mismatched.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I changed the settings and then had a 2 hour drive to my next campground. When I checked later in the day it was functioning.

Can you post up your current settings? I’ll compare them to mine and see if anything camera related is mismatched.

I sent you a link to my settings file.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so to make this work I changed “VehConfig 8: Off-Road Camera Present” and “Customer.Set.Menu 3: Forward Facing Camera Gridlines CSM Present” to “Yes”.

It took a few ignition cycles, but I got a setting for the gridlines under Settings/Camera and a button for “Forward Camera“ under apps.

View attachment 5938

Interesting. I tried this a while back and it broke a bunch of stuff. I guess I didn't wait long enough.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Interesting. I tried this a while back and it broke a bunch of stuff. I guess I didn't wait long enough.

Seems to be breaking things for MEZZ2006 as well. Is your truck a 19 or 20?

Edit: Also, are you using AlfaOBD on Android or Windows?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to be breaking things for MEZZ2006 as well. Is your truck a 19 or 20?

Edit: Also, are you using AlfaOBD on Android or Windows?

(See sig)

2020. Using AlphaOBD on Android.

As I recall I also lost the overhead surround view. I'd have to try again to check for sure.

jsalbre

Reaction score
(See sig)

2020. Using AlphaOBD on Android.

As I recall I also lost the overhead surround view. I'd have to try again to check for sure.

Sorry, was reading on mobile (its a transit day) and the sit didn’t show up. Mezz is also using Android, and I’m using Windows. I wonder if that may be the issue.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, was reading on mobile (its a transit day) and the sit didn’t show up. Mezz is also using Android, and I’m using Windows. I wonder if that may be the issue.

Could be. That's not the first time something in the android version has been wonky. That said, Mezz is also a 19.

I'm thinking I should just pop the extra $25 and get the Windows version as well. I just prefer working with a spare phone I always keep in my truck.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be the first time the Android version hasn’t come through on these 2019+ BCMs. That’s why I always recommend guys just get the windows version for the 2019+ trucks. There’s quite a few settings missing from the list when the Android version auto connects to the BCM, whereas you can force them with the windows version.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Could be. That's not the first time something in the android version has been wonky. That said, Mezz is also a 19.

I'm thinking I should just pop the extra 425 and get the Windows version as well. I just prefer working with a spare phone I always keep in my truck.
If you already have one version, he’ll give you the other for ~$25

Users who are viewing this thread