Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Powerwagon dump

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You and jsalbre don’t have very many differences besides the obvious- CTD vs Hemi, shifter type, air suspension. Brutal, I do notice that you have the CSM set but not VehConfig 8 off road camera. I’m not sure if this log is for when you purposely set the off road camera back to no, or if you were trying to get it to work and forgot to set it?
Both special packages settings are the same between the two of you. That leaves the only seemingly possible difference- VehConfig 1 hill descent feature, and ECUConfig 3 hill descent switch feature present. Since you don’t have the switch, I would start by only enabling VehConfig 1 hill descent feature present, and see if that gets it working.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You and jsalbre don’t have very many differences besides the obvious- CTD vs Hemi, shifter type, air suspension. Brutal, I do notice that you have the CSM set but not VehConfig 8 off road camera. I’m not sure if this log is for when you purposely set the off road camera back to no, or if you were trying to get it to work and forgot to set it?
Both special packages settings are the same between the two of you. That leaves the only seemingly possible difference- VehConfig 1 hill descent feature, and ECUConfig 3 hill descent switch feature present. Since you don’t have the switch, I would start by only enabling VehConfig 1 hill descent feature present, and see if that gets it working.

I had VehConfig 8 Off Road Camera turned off at the time that log was captured. I've also opened up every log file I have in Notepad++ and used the compare plugin and find in all open to show every single "Car configuration change" to see if there's anything I enabled or disabled that I shouldn't have. Nothing stands out.

I can literally toggle VehConfig 8 Off Road Camera on and off with the surround camera screen up and watch my surround view and gridlines disappear and reappear.

I did try enabling the hill descent late yesterday, no change. I turned off a bunch of options that weren't working anyway - global windows, auto passenger climate, etc. that you may have noticed. With the surround CSM option delay selected ON, at least it stays on the surround and camera views screen shifting between R and D now when I'm backing or parking. I didn't even realize that's what it was for until I started looking at enablking the front selection.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Naviks black box that keeps the cameras on at some point anyway, so this is just an exercise in futility - though front gridlines would be nice to have. Appreciate your looking at it and I hope you can get Mezz going if possible.

abillerbeck

Reaction score
I know there's discussion on this topic in a few different threads but thinking this one is the most relevant....

Has there been any progress on the forward facing camera with gridlines for the ones that couldn't get it to work originally? I just finally changed mine back after 2,000 miles and many key cycles. Surround view and rear gridlines came back immediately. Is it worth getting the AlfaOBD developers involved to see what they might be able to do?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Mine is still working, 35k miles later. It doesn’t help those of you that haven’t been able to make it work, but it’s a data point at least.

Buzzb

Reaction score
I know there's discussion on this topic in a few different threads but thinking this one is the most relevant....

Has there been any progress on the forward facing camera with gridlines for the ones that couldn't get it to work originally? I just finally changed mine back after 2,000 miles and many key cycles. Surround view and rear gridlines came back immediately. Is it worth getting the AlfaOBD developers involved to see what they might be able to do?
I just bought AlphaOBD for windows yesterday. Messing with some settings and turned on off road pages and nothing ever worked. So I left it on and tried to turn on the VehConfig 8 Off Road Camera on and it showed up instantly with gridlines. I have a 21 Laramie with the 8.4 non nav. I didn't try it with off road pages off, but maybe it has something to do with it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought AlphaOBD for windows yesterday. Messing with some settings and turned on off road pages and nothing ever worked. So I left it on and tried to turn on the VehConfig 8 Off Road Camera on and it showed up instantly with gridlines. I have a 21 Laramie with the 8.4 non nav. I didn't try it with off road pages off, but maybe it has something to do with it.

Could be possible for the 2500, but toggling any combination of off-road options didn't help with the 3500 failure to show cams.

Toyotaguy

Reaction score
This worked for my 21 2500 big horn with surround view. Took 4-5 drives to finally come up but it did and is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r_unda

Reaction score
Worked on my 21 2500 Laramie with the Off-Road package, using AlfaOBD windows version. Took 1 drive to show up.

Harbbyc

Reaction score
Hey @Brutal_HO still not sure if this has anything to do with the off-road package or if your still monitoring this. But it worked for me on a 2021 2500 Laramie with off-road if you all tell me how I would be more than willing to send you my dumps. I did it at 9 one night and waited until 6 the next morning and everything was functioning perfectly.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @Brutal_HO still not sure if this has anything to do with the off-road package or if your still monitoring this. But it worked for me on a 2021 2500 Laramie with off-road if you all tell me how I would be more than willing to send you my dumps. I did it at 9 one night and waited until 6 the next morning and everything was functioning perfectly.
Thanks,

We've pretty much determined that the D2 3500 trucks, at least those with air, cannot currently use the off road forward facing camera setting. I believe Jimmy is still working with the AlfaOBD dev Alex on possible fixes to enable some of these features to work with alternate platforms.

I have a NAViKS so I can enable the cam at will, I just don't get the tire track guides.

Sent from my work avoidance device

Untillater

Reaction score
This worked on 22 Ram 2500 Limited longhorn, using windows version of alpha

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
So, I just attempted this and same thing with surround camera view not working. The front camera is there and working. When I try to select front camera guidelines, it selects and then deselects. I’ve given it several key cycles. I have a 2022 2500 Limited with OffRoad package.

Users who are viewing this thread