Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airlift compressor and shrader valves

Buck81

Reaction score
New to the site and couldn’t find anything pertains to my topic.

I recently bought a used 2018 2500 and found both a working Airlift compressor (16092) and 2 shrader valves connecting to the airbags.
Just trying to understand the why behind it. Maybe a backup in case the pump dies out?

Thanks in advance!

Fishnerd

Reaction score
More than likely, I put shrader valves on mine even though i have a compressor for auto fill, primarily for redundancy. Its joined with a T connector but I also but a “shut of valve” to isolate from the main line, otherwise the shrader would be useless.

Chris1911

Reaction score
The airbags come with the valves in the box. The compressor is sold separately. The valves can be used to pump them up manually, if the compressor goes bad.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Maybe they installed initially using the schrader valves, but then added the compressor later and just didn't remove the original setup.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Maybe they installed initially using the schrader valves, but then added the compressor later and just didn't remove the original setup.
My thought exactly…. They probably realized after a few times manually airing them up every time sucks and put a compressor on the system

Nick

Reaction score
Thats what they are . Had those on my last truck.

Users who are viewing this thread