Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air compressor setups?

Savin yours

Reaction score
Got a Viair with a 2.5 gallon tank and wanted to see some installs before I do mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m no help with VIAIR. I’m finishing up with AirLift install but I’m guessing you want more than air bag inflation.
There’s 2 good videos by a guy on YouTube - Big Truck Big RV - That highlights his setup using VIAIR.

I would be interested in hearing what you end up doing set up wise.
Good luck

zblink1888

Reaction score
i looked to install a ARB twin and ended up just doing the portable setup in the pelican case. there is surprisingly not a ton of room underneath these trucks even though they are 24 bajilion feet long ( i couldnt do outside of the frame rail anywhere due to rock slider mounting and im doing some other stuff underneath the truck as well.

i did see someone mounted a ARB twin behind the front quarter panel between the panel and the front structural support. and then routed the intake up under the cowl. you could do something similar and then mount the tank elsewhere

Marshfly

Reaction score
Did mine today. Made U-bolts out of 5/16 all thread and used 1/2x1" channel steel from lowes as the brackets. Installed on the passenger side frame rail. I still have to run the air lines to the front and rear in the morning but I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Very easy install and super clean.
Viair 480C and a 2.5 gallon tank.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Here’s the pics.
a08f5d6b21e887986893cefc6966ab43.jpg

cf3a45e0f29d49762fa2e36d450a6c80.jpg

zblink1888

Reaction score
@Marshfly

I have a bit more going on underneath so most of that space was not an option

Attachments

• 20200629_160104.jpg
    20200629_160104.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 82

Marshfly

Reaction score
Looks like you could weld a plate to the back two slider arms and put everything there.

zblink1888

Reaction score
White Knuckle sliders or maple? or custom?

Maple 100%, Neil is a great guy and im a bit bitter on White Knuckle. I put an order it the day i basically picked up my truck (may 2019) and their website said they were good to go for the 19s after 4-5 weeks they sent an email saying they were built and ready to ship but they no longer thought they would fit after finally seeing a truck due to the active mounts (they had never looked over a 19 before...). I could accept shipment but they would not accept a return based on non-fitment so i was like F it and send me my money back.

Plus i also have his diff guard and skid plate and have been working on redesigning my custom light bar with him which i think he his about to go into production with.

Maple will do top plate, just rear plate, no plate, or make them wider if desired and two different mounting heights on the 19+ trucks slightly lower if you want to keep the bed trim piece or if you remove that he will make them mount an inch or so higher (tighter to the rocker)

*Not paid, or anything he's just really a stand up guy

DHaus

Reaction score
Maple 100%, Neil is a great guy and im a bit bitter on White Knuckle. I put an order it the day i basically picked up my truck (may 2019) and their website said they were good to go for the 19s after 4-5 weeks they sent an email saying they were built and ready to ship but they no longer thought they would fit after finally seeing a truck due to the active mounts (they had never looked over a 19 before...). I could accept shipment but they would not accept a return based on non-fitment so i was like F it and send me my money back.

Plus i also have his diff guard and skid plate and have been working on redesigning my custom light bar with him which i think he his about to go into production with.

Maple will do top plate, just rear plate, no plate, or make them wider if desired and two different mounting heights on the 19+ trucks slightly lower if you want to keep the bed trim piece or if you remove that he will make them mount an inch or so higher (tighter to the rocker)

*Not paid, or anything he's just really a stand up guy
Right on. Yeah I reached out to Maple and White knuckle about the possibility of making a slider for a regular cab. White knuckle said no immediately but Maple got back to me after a while that he might know a truck he could look at figure out if it was possible. Might be tough with the control arm location on the regular cab not sure. Still might end up trying to build something custom myself.

zblink1888

Reaction score
@DHaus

reg cab long bed? control arm mounting should be the same in relation to the A pillar because the front doors forward should be nearly identical.

Users who are viewing this thread