Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket spray-in bedliner or order one from factory?

JimKIII

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the cord on a 2022 2500 Big Horn. Now I'm just down to deciding on accessories and am just about done with that. I've already been given the advice to use non-dealer shops if I want better window tinting, etc.

As usual, I woke up this morning with another nagging question in that regard.

I want a spray-in bedliner and the Mopar one specified when doing a build order is $600.

Will I get a better job done if I wait and have a commercial shop do the spray-in liner as opposed to having the factory do it? I think the commercial shops are a bit less expensive too.

rossagge

Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the cord on a 2022 2500 Big Horn. Now I'm just down to deciding on accessories and am just about done with that. I've already been given the advice to use non-dealer shops if I want better window tinting, etc.

As usual, I woke up this morning with another nagging question in that regard.

I want a spray-in bedliner and the Mopar one specified when doing a build order is $600.

Will I get a better job done if I wait and have a commercial shop do the spray-in liner as opposed to having the factory do it? I think the commercial shops are a bit less expensive too.
Yeah, I believe I was quoted $500-550 for Line-X spray in for my previous 2500. I hear it's thicker than the factory spray in. I have a Longhorn inbound that has it from the factory. I'll see. I'm sure others with it will chime in regarding the thickness and durability -vs-

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
When you order the factory spray-in, the truck is built and sent to an outside body vendor for the liner. Line-X is going ~$640 right now in my area. Factory option is $600. If you finance the truck for 72 months, that’s probably about $650. Some say that the factory spay is thinner, but I’m not seeing it. My truck is a 2017, and came with the factory spray, and I just recently replaced my tailgate. I had the body shop (line-x vendor) spray the new tailgate. Exact same texture, same thickness as the old one when I pulled the access panel to compare, and it is just a touch darker than the rest of my bed.
I guess it all comes down to what your time is worth scheduling to have it done after the fact, vs just ordering with it already done.

DougB

Reaction score
My $0.02

I opted for aftermarket because 1) it's cheaper in my area, 2) I wanted as few outside options that might delay the truck's build.

If you don't want to mess with finding a shop that you're confident will do a good job and don't want to take about a day to have the work done, order it and don't worry about it. You can focus on other add ons that Ram does not offer.

whitexc

Reaction score
I went with the bed utility group on my 2021 Big Horn which came with the lights and bed step along with the spray in liner. I'm happy with all of it. Could there be more light than the two they put in? Sure. Easily accomplished by many on the forum.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

jadmt

Reaction score
I did a lineX platinum or what ever they call it there premium one and my buddy got the factory one (both 2020 PW bought at the same time) and there is no real difference between them.

Nd79

Reaction score
When I ordered my Tradesman last year I got the bed utility group for less than it would have been to have the bed lined locally. This included the bed liner, led bed lights, and bumper bed step. I use both the step and the lights all the time and glad I got them.

Not sure if the bed utility group is still $600 but well worth it. It did also make my build take a week or two longer.

fastfreddy

Reaction score
I've had the factory liner on my previous trucks, but ordered without it this time. I didn't want to add anything that might have held it up. Line-X was $629 for the long bed. I think the Line-X is a bit darker, but overall they are very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread