Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEV ProCal Snap Not Compatible with 2023's?

Nothotdog

Reaction score
Does anybody have an update as to when AEV will have a procal snap available for the 2023 Ram HD's? I am also taking delivery of a 23' PW soon and will be swapping my current 37's and AEV wheels from my 17' PW when it arrives. I really don't want to deal with the TPMS light going off in addition to tuning for the larger tires...
They now have the ProCal Snap for the 2023 HDs, but the part number has to end in "BF". I had recently gotten one ending in "BE" and it would not pair. I assume the "BE" could be modified to work as was mentioned earlier, but the "BF" should work out of the box if you are still looking. I have it on order, will update when it comes in.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
They now have the ProCal Snap for the 2023 HDs, but the part number has to end in "BF". I had recently gotten one ending in "BE" and it would not pair. I assume the "BE" could be modified to work as was mentioned earlier, but the "BF" should work out of the box if you are still looking. I have it on order, will update when it comes in.
Good to hear! When you get it and have it installed and confirm it's working please update this thread as I (and I'm sure others) would still be interested in getting a working AEV ProCal Snap. I already returned the "BE" one a few months ago with AEV, but would like some kind of confirmation that the "BF" works on our 2023 trucks before I order it.

Nothotdog

Reaction score
Good to hear! When you get it and have it installed and confirm it's working please update this thread as I (and I'm sure others) would still be interested in getting a working AEV ProCal Snap. I already returned the "BE" one a few months ago with AEV, but would like some kind of confirmation that the "BF" works on our 2023 trucks before I order it.
Got the BF this morning and it works like a champ!

I set the TPMS to 35, aired down my tires, started it up and saw the new pressures but with no warnings
TPMS_Lower.jpg

I will note that I saw an odd side effect where my CarPlay stopped working. It could see my phone and play from Bluetooth, but CarPlay would not connect properly. I also noticed it when I was trying to get the BE Snap to work. My solution was to remove the device from UConnect and from my phone, then just set up CarPlay again.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Got the BF this morning and it works like a champ!

I set the TPMS to 35, aired down my tires, started it up and saw the new pressures but with no warnings
View attachment 63577

I will note that I saw an odd side effect where my CarPlay stopped working. It could see my phone and play from Bluetooth, but CarPlay would not connect properly. I also noticed it when I was trying to get the BE Snap to work. My solution was to remove the device from UConnect and from my phone, then just set up CarPlay again.
Glad to hear it's working for the features it's intended to! I guess I'll give it a shot and will be the guinea pig for Android Auto. Thanks!

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Received my replacement BF in the mail today. Paired with the truck no problem. Set the TPMS and tire size, SO happy to get rid of the warning light, calibrating the speedo is just icing on the cake.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Finally got my BF Snap replacement, got installed and paired easily the other night. Set the tire pressure lower and got the tire size programmed. Truck seems to drive slightly better now that it knows the right tire size.

Cor86

Reaction score
Well, I didn’t heed the advice of many and went the AEV route. It didn’t work on my 2023, then I see AEV updated them. Great! I reached out to them today, to see if I can exchange the one I bought directly from them and they sent me a RMA!

Last edited:

Geomon

Reaction score
Hi All....I am the new (to me) owner of a 2021 diesel 2500 that we plan to tow an RV with. It is my first ever HD after 30 years of various Jeep Cherokees. The truck came with 285 tires. Th door sticker lists tire pressures (60psi) for 275 tires. I did the chalk test to determine the best pressures on front - rear (unladen). Turns out it is 55F/48R. When I aired down, of course the TPMS warning came on. I am interested in the AEV but have several questions as I want even tire wear for both unladen and packed up and towing:

1) On AEV ProCals user guide for tire pressure they state for Ram trucks it is imperative you inflate to the pressure rated on the sidewall of the tire. This HAS to be lawyer CYA as the pressure on the sidewall is the "maximum" pressure which for the Cooper 285s is listed at 80 psi. Is everyone ignoring this disclaimer?

2) I took the truck to my local Ram service to ask them the service person went in the back to ask a technician and the answer was that you can't adjust the preset values cause the truck is "too new" and to do so would void any existing warranties. Has anyone else heard this? I may go by a different dealer and get a second opinion.

3) Seems weird that the AEV Procal only allows pressures of 35, 45, 60 that are close to the range I would want (48/55). Wonder why they left out 55 and why one can't set to any value. Anybody know?

Thanks in advance. It boggles my mind that a heavy duty truck can't have an adjustable TPMS as the payloads can vary by so much (I looked up the pressure chart for the Cooper tires and they vary from 35 to 80 psi depending on axle weights. Such a basic function.....why on earth not allow that adjustment. That is my rant :)

Nothotdog

Reaction score
Hi All....I am the new (to me) owner of a 2021 diesel 2500 that we plan to tow an RV with. It is my first ever HD after 30 years of various Jeep Cherokees. The truck came with 285 tires. Th door sticker lists tire pressures (60psi) for 275 tires. I did the chalk test to determine the best pressures on front - rear (unladen). Turns out it is 55F/48R. When I aired down, of course the TPMS warning came on. I am interested in the AEV but have several questions as I want even tire wear for both unladen and packed up and towing:

1) On AEV ProCals user guide for tire pressure they state for Ram trucks it is imperative you inflate to the pressure rated on the sidewall of the tire. This HAS to be lawyer CYA as the pressure on the sidewall is the "maximum" pressure which for the Cooper 285s is listed at 80 psi. Is everyone ignoring this disclaimer?
I also viewed this as CYA. I read somewhere (I think on these forums) that there used to be two PSI listings on the door sticker, unladen and laden, but now they just give one for when the truck is max payload.
2) I took the truck to my local Ram service to ask them the service person went in the back to ask a technician and the answer was that you can't adjust the preset values cause the truck is "too new" and to do so would void any existing warranties. Has anyone else heard this? I may go by a different dealer and get a second opinion.
I'm not a lawyer and have yet to need to argue for coverage, but I would find it difficult to believe that many issues could be reasonably traced back to tire pressure that is lower than the max recommended (so long as it is an appropriate pressure for the current load). You can pretty easily reset anything that the AEV Procal changes before taking it in for warranty work.
3) Seems weird that the AEV Procal only allows pressures of 35, 45, 60 that are close to the range I would want (48/55). Wonder why they left out 55 and why one can't set to any value. Anybody know?
I viewed it as "I will monitor my tire pressure myself" and I set it to 35. It seems like (at least with my '23) the pressure readings are pretty spot on from the dash.
Thanks in advance. It boggles my mind that a heavy duty truck can't have an adjustable TPMS as the payloads can vary by so much (I looked up the pressure chart for the Cooper tires and they vary from 35 to 80 psi depending on axle weights. Such a basic function.....why on earth not allow that adjustment. That is my rant :)

Users who are viewing this thread