Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding trailer tpms

kevin588127

Reaction score
I have a 22 2500 big horn with the 8" screen. I'd like to add trailer tpms. I have alfa obd. Wondering if anyone has a part number for a kit that has everything I would need to install. I think I've found the 4 pack of wheel sensors but think I may also need a sensor that plugs in somewhere at the bumper of the truck. Anyone done this and be able to share the P/N?

CdnHO

Reaction score
There is are several threads on this. Do a search. It may or not work for you.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Phil T

Reaction score
I have a 22 2500 big horn with the 8" screen. I'd like to add trailer tpms. I have alfa obd. Wondering if anyone has a part number for a kit that has everything I would need to install. I think I've found the 4 pack of wheel sensors but think I may also need a sensor that plugs in somewhere at the bumper of the truck. Anyone done this and be able to share the P/N?

kevin588127

Reaction score
Thanks, I'd found that thread and read through several pages. Didn't think to look at the first (edited) post, lol. Props to whomever did the edit on the first post, it seems to have everything I needed

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'd found that thread and read through several pages. Didn't think to look at the first (edited) post, lol. Props to whomever did the edit on the first post, it seems to have everything I needed

There *may* be a new P/N for the wheel sensors...

If someone can provide I can update the sticky again.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Hopefully the new part numbers emit a stronger signal than the original sensors.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I was able to find the new sensors towards the end of the thread. Hoping they work with my trailer. My axles are only about 17' from the rear bumper

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I just did this and bought everything listed on the 1st page (and the newer P/N on the wheel sensors)
All the instructions are pretty spot on... there is *a lot* less room in the headliner than the pics lead you to believe.

Save your data before messing with Alfa, make both changes and you should be good go!
I still have a month to go before I pick up our TT and can actually program the TTPMS.

FWIW, I bought everything through BAMWholesaleparts... prices are decent and shipping isn't stupid (which is where it seems most places gank you).

jsalbre

Reaction score
What are people paying to get the sensors installed in their tires? I ordered the new truck with TTPMS and so far I'm getting quoted at like $25 per tire. That seems high to me, but I don't have anything to compare to.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
What are people paying to get the sensors installed in their tires? I ordered the new truck with TTPMS and so far I'm getting quoted at like $25 per tire. That seems high to me, but I don't have anything to compare to.
$25 doesn't seem to be far off from what I've seen/heard for installation/remounting.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Mine is going to discount tire to have new tires put on. I'll have them do the sensors then. They charge 22 bucks per tire. I believe to do sensors, the tire may have to be dismounted and remounted.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ok, glad to hear some confirmation that those prices are reasonable. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread