Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Footwell Lighting

Mike67

Reaction score
I've been looking for the front footwell lighting plugs I've heard existed, but can't seem to locate them. Truck is a 2020 Tradesman 2500 Crew Cab. Anyone have any luck locating them on the 2020's and if so where did you find them? Thanks in advance.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I've been looking for the front footwell lighting plugs I've heard existed, but can't seem to locate them. Truck is a 2020 Tradesman 2500 Crew Cab. Anyone have any luck locating them on the 2020's and if so where did you find them? Thanks in advance.

Good question, I need more light in my cab, the lights seem very dim.

mcgyver44

Reaction score
Anybody figure this one out? I found a thread for 4th gen and a 4th gen kit......

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
maybe @Jimmy07 will pop in and give some input.
I haven’t heard of anyone reporting if they are there on any trim level, but if they are, these are the locations. I imagine them being taped back with foam on the connectors.
D35Xu56.jpg

VpOTQau.jpg

Mike67

Reaction score
Went searching this morning on the passenger side. Don't believe either of the two I found are for the footwell lights, remotely the black one maybe. There's a green plug as well, not sure what it does. Both were on the "door" side area, the green one was further back. I was able to pull the black one out enough to take a rudimentary photo. Got tired of the Christmas tree plug for the bottom, carpeted panel and replaced all three with push pins. At least it will be easier to access when I go searching again.

Take a look and let me know, or at least what the green and also the black plugs are for.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Ram Plug A.JPG
    Ram Plug A.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Ram Plug B.JPG
    Ram Plug B.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 116
  • Ram Plug C.JPG
    Ram Plug C.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 115

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Went searching this morning on the passenger side. Don't believe either of the two I found are for the footwell lights, remotely the black one maybe. There's a green plug as well, not sure what it does. Both were on the "door" side area, the green one was further back. I was able to pull the black one out enough to take a rudimentary photo. Got tired of the Christmas tree plug for the bottom, carpeted panel and replaced all three with push pins. At least it will be easier to access when I go searching again.

Take a look and let me know, or at least what the green and also the black plugs are for.

Thanks.
The black plug is for the mirror jumper harness that would go the the rear view mirror and cab lights. If it’s not plugged into anything, I’m assuming you don’t have cab lights, and you have the base rear view mirror with no auto dim.
The green connector is the canbus c junction block.

Mike67

Reaction score
The black plug is for the mirror jumper harness that would go the the rear view mirror and cab lights. If it’s not plugged into anything, I’m assuming you don’t have cab lights, and you have the base rear view mirror with no auto dim.
The green connector is the canbus c junction block.
I don't have a power rear view mirror so that explains it. Appreciate the explaination, I'll keep searching for that elusive footwell light pigtail.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
On my 4th gen they were right where they were supposed to be and it was a 2 minute install. I'm guessing there aren't any on the 4.5 gens because I searched everywhere and couldn't find anything.

Mike67

Reaction score
On my 4th gen they were right where they were supposed to be and it was a 2 minute install. I'm guessing there aren't any on the 4.5 gens because I searched everywhere and couldn't find anything.
I spent

Mike67

Reaction score
I spent quite a bit of time myself looking for the connections with zero luck, I've come to the same conclusion that the 4.5's must not have them. Was thinking about running a wire from the connector under the rear seat.

ebtksutton

Reaction score
I’ve been searching for the elusive plug myself. I did find a small black plug in the correct areas just a few inches away…..but it does not fit the footwell lamp I bought.

Foot Well Lamp
PN 68312665AA

I did this to my 2018 Ram and used a different light. I wonder if the harness is for this light but has all the dash stuff for the other PN.

Courtesy Lamp
PN 68395784AA

I don’t have a clue but would like to plug these dang things up and get some light on the floor!

2022 Ram 3500 cab and chassis
Tradesman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Anyone find out anything? I looked at a buddy’s truck he has a limited….on the drivers side he has a different harness plugged into his obd port……and it has the plug on it there…..mine is slightly different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Anyone find out anything? I looked at a buddy’s truck he has a limited….on the drivers side he has a different harness plugged into his obd port……and it has the plug on it there…..mine is slightly different

None of the 2019+ HD Rams come with the footwell light connectors that aren’t equipped from the factory.

ebtksutton

Reaction score
None of the 2019+ HD Rams come with the footwell light connectors that aren’t equipped from the factory.

Dang that’s a bummer! Is it possible to add it? I have the lights, just nothing to plug them up

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Dang that’s a bummer! Is it possible to add it? I have the lights, just nothing to plug them up

I’m sure I can come up with something. I’ll have to see if connector parts are available.

Users who are viewing this thread