Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding adaptive cruise

Dragbug

Reaction score
I don't think Ram has anything to do with it. At least not on purpose. While trying to find out if anyone else has gotten this to work, I have come across stock vehicles with the same or similar issues after having it replaced due to accidents or whatever the case may be.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
It’s those stock vehicles we need to rely on then to get RAM looking into it and resolving the software issue.

jrf

Reaction score
I have come across stock vehicles with the same or similar issues after having it replaced due to accidents or whatever the case may be.

Interesting, what was the resolution for those vehicles?

Bfranklin

Reaction score
To anyone that may be able to help. I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Powerwagon level 2 group. Truck has the ACC, LKA, and FCW from the factory. My problem is they all stopped working the other day. Took the truck to the dealer and was told the DASM (68462656AE) was dead and needed to be replaced at a cost of $2,000. I was able to see the part online for $1,265, but keep getting notified that it is backordered with no timetable for restock. My question is, can anyone tell me if any of the other newer DASM cameras would work in my truck, and what I would need to tell the dealer to make it work in my truck? Thanks in advance.
Brad

jrf

Reaction score
Well this is the question we've all been wondering. What happens if a truck factory equipped with ACC needs a new DASM. According to the info in this thread a newer one "should" work. However that might be an argument with your dealer if they can't get it to work. My take from all of this is that IF your dealer can get a 2020 DASM to work they should be able to get a 2022 to work.

Bfranklin

Reaction score
That was my impression too, but the argument from the dealer is what I am worried about. Also, as I understand it, the news DASMs are less expensive. Anyone know why?

nsuth

Reaction score
Ok, my windshield has gotten to the point where a now need a new one. That means it's time to finally pull the trigger on this. Has anybody actually gotten it to work? The only reason I can think to do, is because I love ACC and auto brights/wipers. However, its looking like I may not be able to get those three.. Hopefully @Branklin got some answers.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
Still not working for me. Everything installed but no luck. Same for a few people. I haven’t heard anyone getting this to work in over a year.

blbrown

Reaction score
I haven't given up yet, just waiting for the funds to purchase the Mongoose-Plus so I can try the Calibration myself, don't trust the dealer after my last dealer attempt where they reset the BCM after they did the calibration.

nsuth

Reaction score
Damn, I'm sitting on the DASM, and trying to make my decision if trying is worth it. I'm confused, it seems that Jimmy007 is the only one who has gotten it to work. Is that correct?

mattjackson86

Reaction score
A lot of 1500s got it to work. And I think a few HDs, but early implementations. I feel like something changed by RAM to block us as there is no reason my install shouldn’t work. I have the factory software and can do it all from home. The hardware just doesn’t take the configuration though. Auto high beam works just not ACC. Nobody has tried in over 12 months it seems to gather enough data about who it works for and who it doesn’t.

nsuth

Reaction score
A lot of 1500s got it to work. And I think a few HDs, but early implementations. I feel like something changed by RAM to block us as there is no reason my install shouldn’t work. I have the factory software and can do it all from home. The hardware just doesn’t take the configuration though. Auto high beam works just not ACC. Nobody has tried in over 12 months it seems to gather enough data about who it works for and who it doesn’t.
Want to see if its something specific to the DASM? Where are you located?

Bfranklin

Reaction score
Ok, my windshield has gotten to the point where a now need a new one. That means it's time to finally pull the trigger on this. Has anybody actually gotten it to work? The only reason I can think to do, is because I love ACC and auto brights/wipers. However, its looking like I may not be able to get those three.. Hopefully @Branklin got some answers.
Well, I ended up pulling the trigger on a used camera off of ebay. The part numbers were the same, but the last two letters were different. The ebay post showed that the parts were interchangeable. See link below. Anyway the dealer was quoting me $1800 - 2200 for the factory replacement camera (different dealers charge different price for the same part) so I gambled on the $400 dollar camera on ebay. Installed it myself and took it to the dealer to assign my trucks vin number to the camera. Low and behold everything worked. However, I still have any issue when I have my trailer hooked up and once when I put the truck in 4 wheel drive, the warning lights came on indicating the radar was not working again. Both times the truck had to be turned off and restarted and everything started working again. I suspect there way be a short or loose ground wire somewhere.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
Austin TX. It’s a brand new DASM. Suppose it could be an issue….

Ideally we need a list of parts and years that worked and didn’t. Maybe older trucks are ok. I have no clue. Just know that no matter what my truck isn’t happy with ACC enabled. Disable it and auto headlights works, so the DASM is good, one would think. Same camera does headlights and acc.

All I know is the error I get is some vague “misconfiguration” error and thus the ACC and FCW get disabled. I’ve spent dozens of hours on it. Programmed it dozens of times. Scoured alfaobd. No luck.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I was wanting to do this on my 2024 laramie, but I'm not going to waste my time and money if only one person got it to work 100%.

nsuth

Reaction score
Well, I ended up pulling the trigger on a used camera off of ebay. The part numbers were the same, but the last two letters were different. The ebay post showed that the parts were interchangeable. See link below. Anyway the dealer was quoting me $1800 - 2200 for the factory replacement camera (different dealers charge different price for the same part) so I gambled on the $400 dollar camera on ebay. Installed it myself and took it to the dealer to assign my trucks vin number to the camera. Low and behold everything worked. However, I still have any issue when I have my trailer hooked up and once when I put the truck in 4 wheel drive, the warning lights came on indicating the radar was not working again. Both times the truck had to be turned off and restarted and everything started working again. I suspect there way be a short or loose ground wire somewhere.

Does the trailer/4wd issue occur every time, or just some of the time?

nsuth

Reaction score
Austin TX. It’s a brand new DASM. Suppose it could be an issue….

Ideally we need a list of parts and years that worked and didn’t. Maybe older trucks are ok. I have no clue. Just know that no matter what my truck isn’t happy with ACC enabled. Disable it and auto headlights works, so the DASM is good, one would think. Same camera does headlights and acc.

All I know is the error I get is some vague “misconfiguration” error and thus the ACC and FCW get disabled. I’ve spent dozens of hours on it. Programmed it dozens of times. Scoured alfaobd. No luck.
Dang, I wish you were closer. I only have the DASM at the moment, because I haven't seen the need to buy the rest of the components. I wish there was someone that was close, so that we could try my DASM and see if there is a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread