Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding adaptive cruise

Bfranklin

Reaction score
Does the trailer/4wd issue occur every time, or just some of the time?
I've only done once as I am worried it may not reset back to normal after I restart the truck. We have a trip planned with the camper in a couple of weeks and I'll test it again. The trailer issue only happens when I try to use cruise controll with the trailer lights plugged in. The issue with the factory camera occurred when I was pulling a different trailer, but it did not reset after the truck was turned off or trailer disconnected. That's what led me to the replacement.

nsuth

Reaction score
It's one of the only things keeping me from doing an AEV build on this truck, or just trading in for a truck with these features. I really screwed the pooch and didn't fully read which package my truck came with. Stupid of me, but a learning lesson.

ev-savvy

Reaction score
@nsuth @mattjackson86 @Jimmy07, Good day all. I read through this thread from beginning to end… I got excited and then disappointed. I have a 2019 Laramie 2500 with the 12” screen, auto headlights, auto wipers, 360 camera… Looks like there is still an open question whether this will still work on a Laramie+. I am willing to give it a try. Anyone have parts they are willing to give me a deal on?

wbama387

Reaction score
Posts 22 & 23 updated with some ACC install instructions.

Extra info for those that want to add lane assist along with ACC:
If you ALREADY HAVE adaptive steering, you just need to swap in the correct 12” screen that has the lane assist button (and no, you can’t get away with adding lane assist without having the physical button).
12” screens with lane assist button:
2019-2021 Cummins (Uconnect 4 only)- 68370849AC
2019-2021 Hemi (Uconnect 4 only)- 68423810AC
2022+ Cummins (Uconnect 5 only)- 68526611AB
2022+ Hemi (Uconnect 5 only)- 68526610AB

If you DO NOT have adaptive steering, in addition to the screen you need to swap out the steering gear box for the one with torque overlay- 68507900AB
Jumper wiring to connect steering module- 68485757AA (for 2019, you’ll need an additional custom harness)
The intermediate steering shaft (the one that connects to the gear box) is swapped out for a shorter one- 68427394AA

These are all the settings for lane assist:
VehConfig 7: Lane Departure Warning Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Torque CSM Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Warning CSM Present- YES

P/T Chassis Net: EPS Electric Power Steering- ENABLED (already set on adaptive steering equipped)
Jimmy do you sell the custom 2019 harness for the steering module?

wbama387

Reaction score
Anyone have a drawing for this harness that is required for a 2019 to add lane assist or know where it can be purchased?

Users who are viewing this thread