Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Accent" head light programing???

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I have a '21 PW which has the LED strip and the 4 quad LED lights that they call accent lighting.
When the truck is running normal, both of these lights are on. This not to be confused with the DRL as I have them disabled in the Uconnect.
But when i do a remote start, only the LED strip light comes on.
Has anyone figured out if it is possible to reprogram the lights using the alfaobd so that only the LED strip light comes on when the truck is running? Basically disabling the quad lights.

Another thought would be to unplug the lights but I'm not sure how doable that would be.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
What you are wanting to do is not possible.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I guess someone would have to actually rewrite the program in the BCM to do it?
If I disable the quad lights, Cut the wires or something, would that throw a code?
Only other option is what? Just disable the lights completely in alfaobd?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
The quad cluster of lights don’t have a dedicated power wire. The same wire feeds both the strip and quad cluster, and a linbus wire communicates how they behave, and is not programmable. It’s all or nothing- you either let them run the way they are, or you disable them completely with AlfaOBD (signature lighting present setting).

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Whats the reasoning for disabling the quad lights?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
If the same power wire feeds both, then how does just the strip light come on and not the quads when I do a remote start?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So the computer, thru the linbus, controls the lights. Only way to get what I want woukd be to hack the BCM computer code and rewrite the program.
So I'm stuck either all on or all off.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
It’s not even the BCM on that one. The master node for the linbus lighting line is the AFLS module inside the passenger headlight.

Users who are viewing this thread