Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ac problems

moshez333

Reaction score
hi
i saw a few post
can someone please check the
tamp in the middle near the screen
i checked 13.5c

the ac sensors is on 2c near the vent ..

help im hot ...

Albert193500

Reaction score
hi
i saw a few post
can someone please check the
tamp in the middle near the screen
i checked 13.5c

the ac sensors is on 2c near the vent ..

help im hot ...

I'm at 54 degrees. Well I was before the dealer touched it, now I'm near 60 degrees when moving.

jeff

Reaction score
I'm not ordering a 2500/3500 until they figure this AC problem out!

Albert193500

Reaction score
As of now I guess I'm one of the first to get this HVAC box, from what I was told by the dealer it is a different part number than what was in the truck when built. See my thread for updates. It is currently at the dealership.

IronByron

Reaction score

AC issues are not universal across the board. My 2019 2500 (6.7) has zero AC issues (in temps up to 95 degrees and high humidity). I feel for the folks having issues but I don’t think it’s fair to say the majority of these vehicles are defective. Just giving perspective from someone not having an issue which you typically don’t hear about.

Albert193500

Reaction score
AC issues are not universal across the board. My 2019 2500 (6.7) has zero AC issues (in temps up to 95 degrees and high humidity). I feel for the folks having issues but I don’t think it’s fair to say the majority of these vehicles are defective. Just giving perspective from someone not having an issue which you typically don’t hear about.
Out of curiosity, do you have any air at all coming from your defrost when in any mode, mainly vent? It's notable huge amount but enough to cause a problem. The temp issue is not as big as the flow issue.

Albert193500

Reaction score
Not that I can detect.
You are very lucky. I have checked about 18 trucks and all do it. The most noticeable is when you put it in foot only it sends about half the air up to the defrost and less as you blend through the other modes. I wish I could see what's different on your truck lol. A friend just checked a 2020 1500 and is doing it.

IronByron

Reaction score
You are very lucky. I have checked about 18 trucks and all do it. The most noticeable is when you put it in foot only it sends about half the air up to the defrost and less as you blend through the other modes. I wish I could see what's different on your truck lol. A friend just checked a 2020 1500 and is doing it.

Can’t say I have ever put it in foot only. I can try that specific mode and see next drive.

Albert193500

Reaction score
That's the issue, it's when in a humid climate. I am in central Florida and every evening is rough on this issue

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
That's the issue, it's when in a humid climate. I am in central Florida and every evening is rough on this issue

Same... this summer sucked when I had to take the truck to work. Opening the windows the for the first several minutes to vent out the hot air helped but it still wasn't cold 30 minutes later when I got home.

IronByron

Reaction score

I hear most people complaining about air not being cold enough. I live in a humid climate as well. Not sure what you mean. Also I dont ever have AC on my feet only so issue wouldn’t be there unless I did that. I have never had my front windshield fog from an ac leak either.

Albert193500

Reaction score
I hear most people complaining about air not being cold enough. I live in a humid climate as well. Not sure what you mean. Also I dont ever have AC on my feet only so issue wouldn’t be there unless I did that. I have never had my front windshield fog from an ac leak either.
You are lucky. The cold issue seems to be the temp door issue, I'm pretty sure anyway. That fogging issue happens at idle or driving in the evening through early morning. The loaner im in now does it in 87 degree middle of the day heat at idle

jeff

Reaction score
thanks!

jakalafus

Reaction score
How does it do in the summer? I just got mine and travel to Havasu a lot. I’m getting worried about this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly not well. After 105 it’s really bad. My dealer says that it’s a common complaint but no TSB yet.

Users who are viewing this thread