Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Issues? Anyone else

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Damn... any chance of finding a new dealer?
I simply called and spoke with a service advisor to get an appointed and gave them the Recall# for the bed step and the TSB# for the A/C... no fuss or bother, just had to sit on hold while he verified deliver with parts.
Seems simple right?? There are several other dealers within an hour of me. If I can't get it resolved with them after my SCR parts come in, I'll try some of them. I'll just have to take my truck in, leave it overnight, and all that stuff. Ram Cares has been zero help in getting the tsb done. Last time we talked, they said they would address it with them again when the dealer has my truck again. Which, of course, means even if they agree then to fix it, I'll have to wait on parts, another trip to the dealer, etc.

I've had 10 fca products in the last 10 years. My last two trucks have both been one warranty issue after another. This one may be my last.

Jared2500Ram

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I can't believe this is still an issue out there. My dealer was trying to dealer trade to get me a 2021 tradesman yesterday but now I'm not sure about the truck until I can drive it on a hot day. I surely thought that since the TSB on this issue that the 2021's would not experience this. I hope everything works out for you.
I ended up
Sorry to hear this, I can't believe this is still an issue out there. My dealer was trying to dealer trade to get me a 2021 tradesman yesterday but now I'm not sure about the truck until I can drive it on a hot day. I surely thought that since the TSB on this issue that the 2021's would not experience this. I hope everything works out for you.
I ended up fixing this myself because I just could not wait for my appointment on Wednesday. I believe the issue was air in the system but my truck also took less Freon than the charge chart to run at the correct pressures. Now after starting it in 80 degrees I get ice cold air right away.

EDM

Reaction score
Seems simple right?? There are several other dealers within an hour of me. If I can't get it resolved with them after my SCR parts come in, I'll try some of them. I'll just have to take my truck in, leave it overnight, and all that stuff. Ram Cares has been zero help in getting the tsb done. Last time we talked, they said they would address it with them again when the dealer has my truck again. Which, of course, means even if they agree then to fix it, I'll have to wait on parts, another trip to the dealer, etc.

I've had 10 fca products in the last 10 years. My last two trucks have both been one warranty issue after another. This one may be my last.
Ouachita, switching dealers worked well for me. I just couldn't get my local dealer to believe there was an issue. The other nearby dealer did the work no questions asked. They also found and resolved another small warranty/TSB issue that my local dealer glossed over when I brought the truck in to them. It makes me wish I'd taken the short drive to buy from them originally. I agree about Ram Cares. I set up two cases that were ultimately denied without much thought. I ended up with a blown blower after the TSB was performed, so I had to take it back in for another repair. All is good now though. AC blows cold, and the fan sounds good.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Ouachita, switching dealers worked well for me. I just couldn't get my local dealer to believe there was an issue. The other nearby dealer did the work no questions asked. They also found and resolved another small warranty/TSB issue that my local dealer glossed over when I brought the truck in to them. It makes me wish I'd taken the short drive to buy from them originally. I agree about Ram Cares. I set up two cases that were ultimately denied without much thought. I ended up with a blown blower after the TSB was performed, so I had to take it back in for another repair. All is good now though. AC blows cold, and the fan sounds good.
Going to try that tomorrow. just got my truck back from the dealer. Had to replace the cat. Mentioned the AC three times to Ram cares and the dealer. They all act like they've never heard of an AC. Someone from the Ram Cares team actually called me today to see how things went since they knew I picked it up from the dealer. At this point, I am just tired of retelling my story. truck has been in the shop for over a week in the last month. I'll try one more dealer and I'll either live with it or sell the truck.

New2RAM

Reaction score
same issue, my air doesn't blow hard nor does it get super cold. when compared to the 2019 longhorn 1500 i had prior it is very weak. took it to dealer and they said it was "normal".
Bought a 2021 AC not working took it back to the dealer he said they’ve had a rash of them not charged from the factory this was built in December 2020 but it’s gonna take two days to get the truck back for them to charge it don’t quite understand it. Anyone else having issues?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Bought a 2021 AC not working took it back to the dealer he said they’ve had a rash of them not charged from the factory this was built in December 2020 but it’s gonna take two days to get the truck back for them to charge it don’t quite understand it. Anyone else having issues?
We're sorry for the trouble you've faced with your new Ram! Should you have any additional questions about this service, or require additional assistance during your dealer appointment, please send our team a private message with your VIN. We would be happy to look into this further for you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Had my TSB done a couple of weeks ago, seemed to blower 'cooler' but not very cold.
Took it up on the highway that weekend and there was a whistling sound from the dash.
Back to the dealer and the blend door was bad so the entire unit was replaced along with all seals.

I will say that is certainly blows colder than before and I am grateful, but May has been rather mild here in Flori-duh.
I'm waiting until July/Aug to see if the AC can keep up with High 90's/ Low 100's and 85%+ humidity.

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
This lack of AC is going to be the primary reason I get rid of my truck. I planned to keep it a long time, but I have had the AC TSB and it is not acceptable. This truck cost enough that it should have a fully functioning AC system in the year 2021. My 1996 Chevrolet works as well or better than this truck. I have a 2018 Chevrolet I drive at work some and it embarrasses the AC system in my RAM.
We are just hitting summer Temps. and it is 95 here today. The fan is on high, temp selected at "LO", and on recirculate. I am not sweating, but I am not cool.. Tried it without recirculation on and no better.
Just really frustrated.

Nfryan

Reaction score
So I’ve finally had a stretch of hot/ super humid weather last week to test mine out and it’s definitely cold. Still takes a little time but overall a huge improvement. I’m just waiting on the cp4 fix and maybe I’ve got a solid rig.

2019_Ram

Reaction score
When the truck is set on Max AC, does your compressor constantly cycle on and off? On all my previous vehicles, it would pretty much stay engaged continuously.

Nfryan

Reaction score
When the truck is set on Max AC, does your compressor constantly cycle on and off? On all my previous vehicles, it would pretty much stay engaged continuously.
I’ll check the next hot day and get back to you. It should be back in the 80s in my area next weekend.

BlueJoe

Reaction score
We're sorry for the trouble you've faced with your new Ram! Should you have any additional questions about this service, or require additional assistance during your dealer appointment, please send our team a private message with your VIN. We would be happy to look into this further for you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares
Hello I have same AC issues. It’s not sufficiently cooling. Had it at dealership but realistically it’s not any difference. I have a friend with a 2006 Ram and his is ice cold. What can I do ?

BlueJoe

Reaction score
I ended up

I ended up fixing this myself because I just could not wait for my appointment on Wednesday. I believe the issue was air in the system but my truck also took less Freon than the charge chart to run at the correct pressures. Now after starting it in 80 degrees I get ice cold air right away.
Hey That fixed it ? I brought mine to dealership and they stated they pulled the system checked it then recharged it back to specs. They said something about RPMS being at 1500 during test. What do I need to do.

Phil T

Reaction score
Hello I have same AC issues. It’s not sufficiently cooling. Had it at dealership but realistically it’s not any difference. I have a friend with a 2006 Ram and his is ice cold. What can I do ?
I had mine done and the a/c is fine. We are in salt lake and it's 95 right now. Sitting idling with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Hello Does that TSB include 2019 2500 RAMs My AC is insufficient.
TSB #24-001-20
Pre 8/20 build trucks

I had them do mine... the weather is just starting to get stupid hot/humid here in Flori-duh but so far it is much better than before but certainly not ice cold.

Users who are viewing this thread