Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

Dave01

Reaction score
You don't get to agree or disagree with facts, chief. Feelings aren't facts. Math, however, is.

The facts are I can drive the 05 Tahoe for LESS than he spend on his moronic EV. Go back and re-read my post after you remove yourself from the fetal position that this triggering conversation has apparently placed you into.

Next?
I'm all set, thanks. I enjoy this forum, enjoy conversations, and BTW enjoy your posts in general. But if you can't discuss without me being "chief" and being triggered and in the fetal position, your ev owner and his car being morons, I just have better things to do. You ought to sit back and reflect on why you can't have a conversation without calling people names.

So I'm back to '87 vs. '89 octane for this thread, and seriously have a great weekend, I'm very glad it's Friday afternoon!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I'm all set, thanks. I enjoy this forum, enjoy conversations, and BTW enjoy your posts in general. But if you can't discuss without me being "chief" and being triggered and in the fetal position, your ev owner and his car being morons, I just have better things to do. You ought to sit back and reflect on why you can't have a conversation without calling people names.

So I'm back to '87 vs. '89 octane for this thread, and seriously have a great weekend, I'm very glad it's Friday afternoon!

All good sir. People can like what they like as it relates to autos. What they're not entitled to is creating their own reality that contradicts math and known fact.

SwampCat

Reaction score
Compared to other vehicles I’ve had, the Rams MPG calculator seems to be very accurate and fluctuates a lot more “real time”, so it’s more sensitive to idling and brief hard acceleration.

I’m curious to see how my experience is with changing octanes, since mine is new I’m “breaking in” with premium probably till the first oil change. Then I’ll switch to regular unless I’m on a long road trip or towing heavy, which is what I’ve always done. My previous vehicles have been minimally impacted but I wonder if the Rams more sensitive mpg calculator will show anything obvious. Even my Maxima with a higher compression motor and “recommended premium for best performance” is minimally impacted in day to day driving with different fuel types.

I always run top tier and preferably “name” brands of fuel though. I had a buddy with a newer Accord whose motor blew up just outside of the warranty and the dealer said it looked like he was running too much cheap gas.

Users who are viewing this thread