Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

68RFE maintence

oledirteh

Reaction score
Good morning,

Currently prepping to do a transmission fluid change and flush of my 2021 ram 2500 bighorn 6.7 with the 68RFE

Just want to Confirm that these are the following part numbers i should be looking for,

Transmission pan gasket - FEL-PRO TOS 18733
Transmission Filter - Mopar Transmission Filter 5013470AE

Transfluid - AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES MULTI-VEHICLE 100% SYNTHETIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID

Also, for the Transfercase i can use the same as the trans fluid wise right?

Thanks for the help, and suggestions.

moparfan06

Reaction score
Good morning,

Currently prepping to do a transmission fluid change and flush of my 2021 ram 2500 bighorn 6.7 with the 68RFE

Just want to Confirm that these are the following part numbers i should be looking for,

Transmission pan gasket - FEL-PRO TOS 18733
Transmission Filter - Mopar Transmission Filter 5013470AE

Transfluid - AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES MULTI-VEHICLE 100% SYNTHETIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID

Also, for the Transfercase i can use the same as the trans fluid wise right?

Thanks for the help, and suggestions.
That fluid is not correct for the 68RFE. According to https://amsoilcontent.com/ams/lit/databulletins/g3110.pdf that fluid crosses to Mopar part number 68157995AA. That is for the 8 and 9 speed transmissions. I know that Amoil says "AMSOIL warrants the use of this product for Chrysler ATF+4 ® applications above -38°F."

I take that statement to mean that its not certified by FCA to meet the spec for ATF+4. I know that the Napa ATF+4 is certified by FCA to meet the spec.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
That fluid is not correct for the 68RFE. According to https://amsoilcontent.com/ams/lit/databulletins/g3110.pdf that fluid crosses to Mopar part number 68157995AA. That is for the 8 and 9 speed transmissions. I know that Amoil says "AMSOIL warrants the use of this product for Chrysler ATF+4 ® applications above -38°F."

I take that statement to mean that its not certified by FCA to meet the spec for ATF+4. I know that the Napa ATF+4 is certified by FCA to meet the spec.

You’re reading that bulletin wrong, the fuel-efficient multi-vehicle synthetic is not rated ATF+4, but the multi-vehicle ATF has ATF+4 on the bottle.

Also, the -38°F comment is for a different Amsoil transmission fluid, not the signature series ATF.

Trash Panda

Reaction score
Two filters in the 68, make sure you get both, and buy the metal threaded nipple for the spin on filter. The stock one is plastic junk.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Two filters in the 68, make sure you get both, and buy the metal threaded nipple for the spin on filter. The stock one is plastic junk.
yea i read that. i found a kit online that has both.

so i might skip this service, back when i had like 45k miles on the truck i went to trade it in for a 3500 HO but they said there was a active code for something in the transmission that calls for a repair/replace. confirmed it at my home dealer and id have never known as there was no dash lights or issues. i didnt have time to mess with it since it was offroad season so never touched it. now at 88k had it rechecked yesterday and still there, so dropping it off on the 26th for them to fix under warranty so im hoping they have to change the oil anyhow :) will see.

Users who are viewing this thread