Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.7 wouldn’t start

DoubleG

Reaction score
So I’ve seen posts about batteries and starters. My 2022 bighorn Cummins had the push button click today.. everything worked, just wouldn’t turn over. 100A boost from charger and wouldn’t turn over. Jumper cables to my son’s mustang and it eventually started. Batteries showed 11.4V before and 13.7 with truck running. Parts store “load tested” then and they both show good. And coincidentally my auto up drivers window doesn’t auto up. Any ideas short of a dealer visit ?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So I’ve seen posts about batteries and starters. My 2022 bighorn Cummins had the push button click today.. everything worked, just wouldn’t turn over. 100A boost from charger and wouldn’t turn over. Jumper cables to my son’s mustang and it eventually started. Batteries showed 11.4V before and 13.7 with truck running. Parts store “load tested” then and they both show good. And coincidentally my auto up drivers window doesn’t auto up. Any ideas short of a dealer visit ?
Was something left on?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
11.4V is beyond dead.

You need to figure out of something was left on, or if you had a battery fail.

Charge them for 24-36 hours then let them sit without the charger for 4 hours. What’s the voltage then?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
May want to check to make sure the truck is correctly powering down when you walk away from it. There were some issues with trucks staying partially “awake” after the key was taken away from the vehicle. You can usually tell if it’s not fully powered down by looking at the EViC. It won’t be completely black. Also check to make sure your truck doesn’t fall under the TSB for the non-conductive nut on the starter.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
And coincidentally my auto up drivers window doesn’t auto up.
This is because the batteries were dead long enough for the door modules to lose that calibration.
To reset that, roll each window all the way down and continue holding the down button for a few seconds after the window is down, then repeat for window up.

DoubleG

Reaction score
11.4V is beyond dead.

You need to figure out of something was left on, or if you had a battery fail.

Charge them for 24-36 hours then let them sit without the charger for 4 hours. What’s the voltage then?
Yes 11.4 is definitely no bueno..
This is because the batteries were dead long enough for the door modules to lose that calibration.
To reset that, roll each window all the way down and continue holding the down button for a few seconds after the window is down, then repeat for window up.
thanks

DoubleG

Reaction score
It’s 39° this morning and it started up showing 12.7 on the dash at idle 13.6 -13.8 driving.

Users who are viewing this thread