Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.7 H.O. Tune

BadRam3500

Reaction score
hey guys , I need help deciding
On a tune by calibrated power or wait for the derringer from banks .
Aside from the power increase I’m more interested if either decreases the torque delay from the 1-2 shift and if a tune can get rid of that dangerous limp mode when you tap the throttle then get off of it and immediately get back on it .
Happened to me while trying to make a left in Atlanta and almost had someone plow into me . The truck was just dead in the intersection.

So who has a tune and what do you like about it ?

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I'm running the CTT "Emissions Intact" tunes and so far I'm very happy with it, no throttle lag.
I'm using the EZ Lynk to get the tunes into the truck and monitor the parameters.
What I love most about this tune is I no longer use DEF, the engine still regens but just uses no DEF, I removed the DEF pump and lines and flushed out the complete system.
The tune also keeps the EGR closed so it's not recirculating all that soot back through the engine..
The tune I purchased had 5 settings that were stock, 30, 80, 150, and 200 HP and had to be rebooted each time you wanted to change the tune but they sent me an update which is a change on the fly 0-150 hp tune with different fueling options.
I'm currently running tune 2 with the fueling option on 3 (there are 10 or 12 settings on fueling) I am averaging over 20 mpg if I keep it under 75 not towing of coarse..
I'm pretty pleased with it and if I ever need to go back to stock I can just reload the factory tune and dump some DEF in the tank.
My buddy has the same tune on a 20 2500 and he also has several transmission adjustments as well but we don't get those with the Aisin.

gpattikjr

Reaction score
I'm running the CTT "Emissions Intact" tunes and so far I'm very happy with it, no throttle lag.
I'm using the EZ Lynk to get the tunes into the truck and monitor the parameters.
What I love most about this tune is I no longer use DEF, the engine still regens but just uses no DEF, I removed the DEF pump and lines and flushed out the complete system.
The tune also keeps the EGR closed so it's not recirculating all that soot back through the engine..
The tune I purchased had 5 settings that were stock, 30, 80, 150, and 200 HP and had to be rebooted each time you wanted to change the tune but they sent me an update which is a change on the fly 0-150 hp tune with different fueling options.
I'm currently running tune 2 with the fueling option on 3 (there are 10 or 12 settings on fueling) I am averaging over 20 mpg if I keep it under 75 not towing of coarse..
I'm pretty pleased with it and if I ever need to go back to stock I can just reload the factory tune and dump some DEF in the tank.
My buddy has the same tune on a 20 2500 and he also has several transmission adjustments as well but we don't get those with the Aisin.
How do you know which fueling to use?

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
The higher in number you go the more fuel it adds, I played with it a bit and found that 3 gives me a good smooth power that is really quick but really helped my mileage, I don't feel to need to go any higher with either the power or fueling settings.

This was last week with about 300 miles on the tank since I'd fueled up and reset the mileage, this was a 50 \ 50 mix of interstate and 2 lane back roads in WV so certainly not flat, I just kept my foot out of it and kept it under 75 on the interstate.
IMG_5951[1].JPG

John Jensen

Reaction score
You are comparing apples and oranges when comparing CP tune to what Steve has.
Both my brother and I have CP's tune and have been more than satisfied with their tune and their service.
As Steve said, with the HO to date there is no Aisin tune available.

Users who are viewing this thread