Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4% Under Invoice on any Retail order HD Ram Truck

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, everyone My name is Zach and I'm the dealer principal at a CDJR dealership in Granger, Iowa. Most of you are familiar with the microchip shortage and lack of inventory on a Ram truck. I view this as a huge opportunity to get additional inventory and pass along a good deal. We are offering 4% under invoice on any Ram HD truck that is a retail order. There's no catch or gimmick. We view it as a huge opportunity to increase our market share locally and gain business we wouldn't have had otherwise. To get a quote started just email a Build & Price from Ram's website to Ram@grangermotors.com

Just a few quick notes (because I know I'll get asked!)

1 - Our documentation fee is $180.
2 - There are NO mandatory add ons.
3 - There is a Non-Refundable $1000 deposit due at order.
4 - We will get you an electronic signature document with options, pricing, and details for your signature before placing the order.
5 - We do not participate in courtesy deliveries to other dealerships.
6 - We do not collect sales tax for out of state purchase (you don't have to pay Iowa tax, but will owe tax upon the return to your home state).

I think it goes without being said, but I also want to clarify that we cannot make any guarantees on delivery time frames. A Limited truck will take longer than a Tradesman because of the extra microchips, but this last year has clearly taught me that I can't promise anything on timing. Haha

I realize you can use this to price shop your local dealers and I encourage you to do so. I think it's great to support local business. But if you can't get something worked out locally we're glad to assist.

I also want to be an asset to this community on any dealer related questions that may arise as well and be able to add my knowledge to those conversations.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Zach

Last edited:

DougB

Reaction score
Welcome Zach to HDRams. I’ve seen your posts/helpfulness over in the Ford Tremor forum. Hopefully, you’ve cleared your Dealer posting here with the mods and can be another dealer offering below invoice pricing. We have 3 or 4 that are making great Ram deals. Your Midwest location will help fill those in that area and the northeast from having to travel far for deals or get trucks shipped.

MrHankbot

Reaction score
I'm almost disappointed I didn't order from you guys. I live in Lincoln NE and you're sure a lot closer than Louisiana. Being a grand more than Mark Dodge would have been close enough for me to be worth not spending a weekend driving. My local-ish dealer of choice would only get to about $5k below msrp.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I'm almost disappointed I didn't order from you guys. I live in Lincoln NE and you're sure a lot closer than Louisiana. Being a grand more than Mark Dodge would have been close enough for me to be worth not spending a weekend driving. My local-ish dealer of choice would only get to about $5k below msrp.
We'll certainly sounds like you got a great deal and Mark Dodge does a great job so I don't think you made a bad choice.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
For reference here's an invoice and what our pricing would look like and the simple formula we use to come up with pricing.

Invoice Price - ((MSRP - Destination) x .04) = sale price
$74,539 - (80,260-1795) x .04% = $71,400
$74,539 - (78,465 x.04%) = 71,400
$74,539 - 3,139 = $71,400

$80,260 - $71,400 = $8,860 discount or 11% of MSRP

Screenshot_20210924-081146.png

MrHankbot

Reaction score
For reference here's an invoice and what our pricing would look like and the simple formula we use to come up with pricing.

View attachment 22357
Isn't that actually a tiny bit better than 4% off invoice price? 4% off invoice would be 74,539x.96=71,557

Royalist_Ram

Reaction score

View attachment 22357
Woah, a base limited

snayte

Reaction score
Hi, everyone My name is Zach and I'm the dealer principal at a CDJR dealership in Granger, Iowa. Most of you are familiar with the microchip shortage and lack of inventory on a Ram truck. I view this as a huge opportunity to get additional inventory and pass along a good deal. We are offering 4% under invoice on any Ram HD truck that is a retail order. There's no catch or gimmick. We view it as a huge opportunity to increase our market share locally and gain business we wouldn't have had otherwise. To get a quote started just email a Build & Price from Ram's website to Ram@grangermotors.com

Just a few quick notes (because I know I'll get asked!)

1 - Our documentation fee is $180.
2 - There are NO mandatory add ons.
3 - There is a Non-Refundable $1000 deposit due at order.
4 - We will get you an electronic signature document with options, pricing, and details for your signature before placing the order.
5 - We do not participate in courtesy deliveries to other dealerships.
6 - We do not collect sales tax for out of state purchase (you don't have to pay Iowa tax, but will owe tax upon the return to your home state).

I think it goes without being said, but I also want to clarify that we cannot make any guarantees on delivery time frames. A Limited truck will take longer than a Tradesman because of the extra microchips, but this last year has clearly taught me that I can't promise anything on timing. Haha

I realize you can use this to price shop your local dealers and I encourage you to do so. I think it's great to support local business. But if you can't get something worked out locally we're glad to assist.

I also want to be an asset to this community on any dealer related questions that may arise as well and be able to add my knowledge to those conversations.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Zach
Man, I wish you would have posted this back in August. as it stands I am only getting affiliate pricing and my truck should be here any day. I would certainly have made this drive from WI. I will keep you in mind for the next vehicle.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Isn't that actually a tiny bit better than 4% off invoice price? 4% off invoice would be 74,539x.96=71,557
Actually it is a bit LESS than 4% as he is taking out the destination charge before applying the 4%. vs taking 4% off the listed invoice price.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Actually it is a bit LESS than 4% as he is taking out the destination charge before applying the 4%. vs taking 4% off the listed invoice price.

We calculate it the same way the factory calculates their holdback percentage. So it's easy for us to keep our math straight.

gorignak

Reaction score
He's taking 4% of the (MSRP - delivery) off the invoice, so whether or not it is less than 4% off of invoice depends on how close the invoice and MSRP are. In this case $71,557 is more than $71,400 so it is more than 4% off of invoice.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Good deal. It’s great to have another dealership here that’s willing to help our Midwest members out! I think all we need now is the North East and we’ll have a dealer for each part of the country (except Alaska and Hawaii :) )

Users who are viewing this thread