Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 Trailer Surround Camera Install

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I'm starting to figure this out.

The Trailer 360 Cameras - The problem that I had was with the plug that inserts into the truck. The orange gasket wasn't on the plug exactly right and because of that the plug hadn't inserted 100%. It was in enough for the truck to recognize the system, but n ot for the cameras to display. Problem solved and the system works.

On the single rearview camera which would display all the time on the rearview mirror, the 15meter cable is a little short for my 45 foot gooseneck. When I test fitted the cable, it went from the back to the front, but then has nothing left to get out of the trailer and to the connection on the truck. That ones going to have to be for a trailer that isn't so massive.
Glad you got the 360 working. Some people have used extensions to that rear cam cable with mixed success.

Norm Person

Reaction score
So just to temper expectations for putting on a 5th Wheel....Just got done mounting the camera's on my 42ft Northpoint.

The mounts don't stick out far enough to get over awnings so you will not be able to see close to your trailer as the line of sight will be blocked by the awning. I tried to fabricate a mount that pushed it a couple inches off the camper but it still was blocking.
I ended up mounting the camera's under the awning about 10.5ft up from the ground and the side with all the awnings (passenger side) can't quite see to the back because of the awning arms.
I tried mounting the front on the top of the camper right before the cap but all it saw was the cap. The front ended up needing to get bent a bit to get that 45 degree angle they want and that had to go in the fiberglass cap.

Between awnings, windows, front cap, slides, needing to be 1/2 way on the sides and other stuff there aren't a lot of options for mounting on a 5th wheel. However on a trailer with flat sides and flat nose I think it would be easy to install and work great.

Dausbrooks

Reaction score
So just to temper expectations for putting on a 5th Wheel....Just got done mounting the camera's on my 42ft Northpoint.

The mounts don't stick out far enough to get over awnings so you will not be able to see close to your trailer as the line of sight will be blocked by the awning. I tried to fabricate a mount that pushed it a couple inches off the camper but it still was blocking.
I ended up mounting the camera's under the awning about 10.5ft up from the ground and the side with all the awnings (passenger side) can't quite see to the back because of the awning arms.
I tried mounting the front on the top of the camper right before the cap but all it saw was the cap. The front ended up needing to get bent a bit to get that 45 degree angle they want and that had to go in the fiberglass cap.

Between awnings, windows, front cap, slides, needing to be 1/2 way on the sides and other stuff there aren't a lot of options for mounting on a 5th wheel. However on a trailer with flat sides and flat nose I think it would be easy to install and work great.
Did you test the cameras at other elevations? I wonder how they would function rather low, like at the top of the skirting? They look like they have good field of view. That may eliminate the awning issue? Can you pm me the install directions? Can't find a link.

Marnningranch

Reaction score
I do think your truck wants to think it is towing before the 360 cameras work. I would plug everything in (7 pin, truck to camera hub, camera hub to all cameras). Then enter your trailer dimensions and give it a few minutes to see if anything shows up. If you want cameras to see behind you while on the road that would be the single camera system to the left of your license plate. The 360 camera system will only display images for a short time when you start moving. Once you are moving pretty sure it greys out again and you can’t select it until you are at a lower speed, like 8 mph. The 360 is for parking maneuvering almost exclusively.
Is there anyway to have cameras work at normal speeds to you know of

kkerley

Reaction score
Is there anyway to have cameras work at normal speeds to you know of
not at this time, there are no work arounds that i have seen to enable any of the cameras other than those shown in the rear view mirror while at normal driving speeds other than for a few seconds at a time

Marnningranch

Reaction score
not at this time, there are no work arounds that i have seen to enable any of the cameras other than those shown in the rear view mirror while at normal driving speeds other than for a few seconds at a time
Ok. Thanks

BurnMac42

Reaction score
So probably a dumb question but is there a kit out there that I can buy so I can have a rear view camera on my trailer show up on the screen in my truck? 2020 Ram w/ 12" screen if it matters.....

Marnningranch

Reaction score
So probably a dumb question but is there a kit out there that I can buy so I can have a rear view camera on my trailer show up on the screen in my truck? 2020 Ram w/ 12" screen if it matters.....
68527709AC-001. Is the 360 trailer cam package

Marnningranch

Reaction score
68527709AC-001. Is the 360 trailer cam package
If you have the extre plugs by ur 7 way trailer plug it’s just plug in play. I got the 360 trailer cam package but not happy with it. It only works at slow speeds
I need to get trailer tow cam so it shows up in rearraveiw mirror

jsalbre

Reaction score
The 360 trailer cam won’t work on your 2020. You can get the aux trailer camera kit as long as your truck has the 12 pin connector at the bumper.

Last edited:

amauri

Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting this kit p/n 68527709AC-001
Though I've read as many threads as I could find here, I'm still not sure if it will work on my truck.

My 2022 3500 has the Tow Tech Group B package with surround view and cargo view cameras.
I also have the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep group with 12-pin connector in the bed.

From the photos I've see of that kit, looks like it includes four cameras, what looks like a multiplexer/module, lots of wiring, and mounting hardware.
I found install instructions for the kit that includes the single camera + wiring, but could not find install instructions for the kit with four cameras.

Three questions please:

1-) will the 68527709AC-001 kit work on my truck?
2-) where can I find the install instructions for this kit?
3-) for those who have installed the kit on a 5th wheel or TT, is the image quality and size good enough to help back up a trailer into a tight space without a spotter?

Thank you

Last edited:

Tooooons

Reaction score
I have installed this 360, but the plug-in next to the license plate does not work, while the plug-in inside the truck bed does work. Is there something I should know? Like activating the plug-in near the license plate?

Also, is there a converter available to plug in one of the camera cables from the 360 into the single camera trailer tow on the left of the license plate? (that one that goes to the digital rearview mirror). I could do that more easily than troubleshoot an inoperable 12 pin connector.

Finally, what is the part number for the single camera trailer tow for the digital rearview mirror? I am looking for the single camera/cable that plugs into the coax-looking plug to the left of the license plate.

Thanks!

Bramdon

Reaction score

So how did you end up mounting? Screwed in, 3M tape? How about on the front cap?

mountainears

Reaction score
You cannot use the cameras in the other plug, they are two different setups. No converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combatgrunt

Reaction score
I've setup the single camera system on our trailer as it is the one that can be used while driving. I haven't tackled the 360 view system yet. It plugs in to the driver's side of the license plate on the rear bumper on my truck.

Do you have a part number for the one camera system? I have a 22 Cummins Mega i want to put one in my car hauler

mountainears

Reaction score
The part number for the single tow camera is 68527599aa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iliv2ryd1

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have the install instructions for 360 Trailer Surround Camera Kit MOPAR 68527709AC
if so could you please send them to me.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread