Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 Vinyl floor instead of carpet? Who has it?

MT1

Reaction score
I have it in my truck. I dont really notice it because it came with floor mats. I got it because of the dogs and while I can get seat covers. It was always a pain to attempt to get dog hair out of the flooring in my last truck.

I can take a picture when I get home tonight if you'd like

P.A.

Reaction score
I have it in my truck. I dont really notice it because it came with floor mats. I got it because of the dogs and while I can get seat covers. It was always a pain to attempt to get dog hair out of the flooring in my last truck.

I can take a picture when I get home tonight if you'd like
Thank you. I would appreciate that.:)

kevin588127

Reaction score
I have it in my current truck and it's great. I didn't see it as an option to get in the truck I ordered or I would have
Trims above big horn don't have the vinyl floor option. Pretty much the biggest reason I didn't go with a larimie.

AJ608

Reaction score
Trims above big horn don't have the vinyl floor option. Pretty much the biggest reason I didn't go with a larimie.
Yeah I for sure would have got it, lol limited with vinyl floor

kevin588127

Reaction score
Same, so much easier hosing or blowing the truck out from a day at the shore.
Yeah I for sure would have got it, lol limited with vinyl floor
Pretty much every guy that has ever ridden in my truck has commented that they wish their truck had rubber floors. I'm really surprised they don't offer it in the upper trims.

AJ608

Reaction score
Pretty much every guy that has ever ridden in my truck has commented that they wish their truck had rubber floors. I'm really surprised they don't offer it in the upper trims.
me too, Fords you can get it in the KR and Plat

Nd79

Reaction score
I have the vinyl floors and love them. I dug through some of my pictures for you to see, but they are mostly covered up by my floor mats. The snaps are all there to secure them, drivers, passenger, and rear. I got the mats to easily pull out and dump the dirt out and hose off. I then wipe the vinyl down before putting the mats in. The vinyl floors are especially nice up from in the center hump next to the 4x4 shifter if you don't have a console, as my kids climb around on the center seat to "play with the radio" while I wait to walk them into school ect. When I get back to the truck I'll usually take two seconds grab a paper towel and wipe off the snowy mud they left up front and it's just that easy.

Attachments

• PXL_20210716_235617321~2.jpg
    PXL_20210716_235617321~2.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20210514_000444510~2.jpg
    PXL_20210514_000444510~2.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20210416_162547060~2.jpg
    PXL_20210416_162547060~2.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 52

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I wonder why my salesman at MD said she talked to the foreman in parts I think it was and he said the mats won't work on vinyl as they could slip and cause a hazard while driving. Those Husky's look nice. We have similar in our F150 now but we bought carpet mats to put over them. LOL!!
The husky xact contour mats are made to not slip on the vinyl. I had them over vinyl floors in my 2015. They have small cleats that help them stay put. Highly recommended and anyone that has had both the huskys and weathertech always say the huskys are far superior.

Last edited:

P.A.

Reaction score
The husky xact contour mats are made to not slip on the vinyl. I had them over vinyl floors in my 2015. They have small cleats that help them stay put. Highly recommended and anyone that has had both the huskys and westhertech always say the huskys are far superior.
Good info. Thanks. I'll keep in mind.

MT1

Reaction score
Thank you. I would appreciate that.:)
Sorry I didn't post sooner I got busy with work and life.

The back mat is hard to move because it one big piece but that's what it looks like under the mat. Only downside to the mat is that it makes the storage box mildly difficult to access.
I prefer this over carpet and realistically all trucks should just have vinyl flooring of they are gonna be used as trucks and not mega sedans.

Attachments

• 20220315_184926.jpg
    20220315_184926.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220315_184826.jpg
    20220315_184826.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 31

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Our 22’ has vinyl flooring and was 1 of the major reasons I bought it. Had carpet in my 18’ and it was a major pain keeping it clean. We pull our TT all over and with the sand, mud and water, the vinyl is much easier to keep clean and clean up is easier. We put a set of WeatherTech mats in and it’s great. I would have had the carpet deleted in our 18’ but it was an extra $700.00. It does have the anchors for the mats.

P.A.

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't post sooner I got busy with work and life.

The back mat is hard to move because it one big piece but that's what it looks like under the mat. Only downside to the mat is that it makes the storage box mildly difficult to access.
I prefer this over carpet and realistically all trucks should just have vinyl flooring of they are gonna be used as trucks and not mega sedans.
Great! Thanks so much. Just got our equipment list today and I see that it does come with rubber mats.

P.A.

Reaction score
Our 22’ has vinyl flooring and was 1 of the major reasons I bought it. Had carpet in my 18’ and it was a major pain keeping it clean. We pull our TT all over and with the sand, mud and water, the vinyl is much easier to keep clean and clean up is easier. We put a set of WeatherTech mats in and it’s great. I would have had the carpet deleted in our 18’ but it was an extra $700.00. It does have the anchors for the mats.
Oh wow!! There was no additional cost for the vinyl flooring.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
The rubber mats that came in the 22’ were put in the 18’ we traded and kept our WeatherTechs. The mat hold downs weren’t in exactly the same place so I filled the old holes with black RTV and smoothed it down and drilled new holes. Work great.

Andersen24

Reaction score
I never would have known you could order a “higher” end truck with the vinyl flooring. My next door neighbor bout a 2022 Tradesman, and he and I both commented, dang this should have been an upgrade. I used his truck to drive to New Mexico and back to pick up a piece of equipment, and after that, you couldn’t PAY me to get carpet. With the floor mats on there, it was so easy to keep it clean, hopping in and out with muddy feet makes it super easy to clean up. So naturally the second I ordered my PW, I was stoked to see I could order it with vinyl flooring.

I think you guys will end up really happy with it!

flan

Reaction score
I have the vinyl, by choice. Easy cleanup on anything the mats miss, between the kids and dogs on camping trips the carpet would get wrecked.

pacu44

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram Tradesman hs vinyl seats and vinyl floor. I made sure when ordering that I would get that configuration.

My 17 had cloth seats and carpet floor, my dogs shed like crazy and it is so much easier with a leaf blower to open the doors and blow it out. Some warm water on a paper towel to wipe everything down and it looks new.

I prefer the plain jane truck, just easier. And I get compliments all the time how good the RAM looks inside and out from CHEVY and Ford owners. My coworkers cant believe all the options that you can get with vinyl dominated interior.

Users who are viewing this thread