Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 overhead console tailgate switch

blbrown

Reaction score
Replaced the overhead console in my 2020 2500 Laramie today with a used console from a 1500 on ebay that has the tailgate release switch, works great no programing required
20221212_153335.jpg

blbrown

Reaction score

I believe this is the correct one, I got mine on ebay however after waiting about a year for a used one to show up. I paid $100 including shipping. You can't purchase just the switch, have to purchase the whole unit. Only works if you already have the power tailgate.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Just some extra info on this:
If you have the base level overhead console, this will require a conversion harness and some changes with AlfaOBD. The reason this was plug n play with no programming for @blbrown is because he’s got a Laramie and started out with a premium overhead console that just didn’t have the tailgate release switch.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
I wonder if I can locate just the tailgate button, and the harness, wonder if my current overhead could be modified to accept the tailgate button.

blbrown

Reaction score
I at first went down the path of adding a switch but after disassembling the module found they are using capacitive touch switches, no way to add an analog soldered connection. ☹️

Users who are viewing this thread