Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 electric popping sound? See video on page 2 for more!

Lucky156

Reaction score
Update on my 2022 3500. Went into the dealer yesterday for popping through speakers, radio dropping presets and clock time, and my license plate lights randomly turned themselves on and wouldn't go off. Dealer notified me that they're replacing the Body Control Module and the radio. They're ordering the parts, I'll report the results when work is done.
New update. Got the truck back, new Body Control Module installed N/C, new Uconnect radio installed N/C. Still get the popping through the speakers, License plate lights still on. However, they say the radio was shorted internally, and the new one seems to be holding the presets. It'll be going back in, I'll report when I have something new.

Lucky156

Reaction score
New update. Got the truck back, new Body Control Module installed N/C, new Uconnect radio installed N/C. Still get the popping through the speakers, License plate lights still on. However, they say the radio was shorted internally, and the new one seems to be holding the presets. It'll be going back in, I'll report when I have something new.
So, took the truck in, they found a connector where the license plate lights hot wire was touching the hot wire feeding the fuel tank sending unit keeping the lights on. That seems to be fixed. They could not locate the source of the popping through the speakers every time any door is opened or closed. They tell me the issue has been sent up to Ram Engineering. No word back on that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread