Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Cummins Tune Install

Riddick

Reaction score
Were you ever able to verify this ?
I will be tuning my truck with CP next week. Already sent them my ECM reads from the stock ECM and the replacement one.
I have made some changes to to the BCM with AlfaOBD. Will this matter @Jimmy07 ?
I can get you some reads after tuned if you want to PM me what to do

Pete

What Jimmy posted is accurate, log will show aftermarket ECM detected. However, I have not swapped in my OEM ECM to see if this clears. I imagine it will but if they dig deeper and look at mileage there could be a difference. The dealer would have to really dig deep to know you had a different ECM in there.

Your BCM changes will stay after you swap your ECM. Keep track of where your fuel filter and oil life percentages are, they will likely reset to 100% when you swap in the new ECM.

pete2833

Reaction score
What Jimmy posted is accurate, log will show aftermarket ECM detected. However, I have not swapped in my OEM ECM to see if this clears. I imagine it will but if they dig deeper and look at mileage there could be a difference. The dealer would have to really dig deep to know you had a different ECM in there.

Your BCM changes will stay after you swap your ECM. Keep track of where your fuel filter and oil life percentages are, they will likely reset to 100% when you swap in the new ECM.
Ok thanks for the information. Only have about 500 miles on her so fuel and oil have barely moved. Thanks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

They do not reset i have done the swap with a friend and they were still showing the same after the swap i would imaging thats part of the BCM memory.

bigboost

Reaction score
They do not reset i have done the swap with a friend and they were still showing the same after the swap i would imaging thats part of the BCM memory.
They most definitely reset. Looks like you have a 19 so you wouldn't be doing a PCM swap anyways so not sure this even applies to you. Unless you're referring to doing it on 2022+.

Just did my weight loss on my 2022 a few days ago and my fuel filter reset to 100% as stated above.

I'm using MM3 on mine and couldn't be happier, was easy and straight forward. Absolutely loving the truck now.

Glad to answer any questions.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They most definitely reset. Looks like you have a 19 so you wouldn't be doing a PCM swap anyways so not sure this even applies to you. Unless you're referring to doing it on 2022+.

Just did my weight loss on my 2022 a few days ago and my fuel filter reset to 100% as stated above.

I'm using MM3 on mine and couldn't be happier, was easy and straight forward. Absolutely loving the truck now.

I clearly said i did the swap for a friend on his 22 his did not reset… this could be a difference of tuners used

Last edited:

Units

Reaction score

What is MM3?

bigboost

Reaction score
I clearly said i did the swap for a friend on his 22 his did not reset… this could be a difference of tunersmercury

My apologies, I did see you said you did the swap with a friend, not that it was a 22. My ASSumption was that you may have been mistaken as every 22+ we've done the filter life resets like the gentleman above said, but we've used MM3 on all of them so it very well may be a tuner thing.

Either way, I didn't mean to come across snarky, I apologize.

GBB

Reaction score
So with a CP tune does the engine re-gen more often and use more DEF? Just curious because it has to be putting more fuel into engine for the power increases…just curious.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
So with a CP tune does the engine re-gen more often and use more DEF? Just curious because it has to be putting more fuel into engine for the power increases…just curious.

You don’t have to use more fuel for more power, you can optimize timing and pressure without adding fuel for more power

DEF consumption is based on NOx production, not regens. With a more efficient burn you will produce more NOx so it’s likely DEF consumption goes up some.

Riddick

Reaction score
To be honest with you I do not track DEF usage so I cannot comment on this. The CP tunes are 100% more efficient than stock tuning, my truck gets the best fuel mileage on the 80hp tune which is tune 3. Under WOT the truck will use more fuel than stock however, when cruising they lean the fuel out a little and add timing. This past weekend we drove up to Philadelphia which is about 610 miles round trip, We sat in traffic for roughly 2 hrs on Friday driving up I-95 and we averaged anywhere from 72-80 mph when cruising. I did not track exact mileage but I made the trip on one tank of fuel and when I refueled when we got home the truck took 27.9 gallons. I refueled at the same station before and after the trip. This comes out to just below 22mpg which is pretty good considering we sat in traffic for 2 hrs and also dealt with traffic in Philly leaving the event. If we were able to avoid traffic I bet the truck would of averaged 23 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread