Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

SAMBROS

Reaction score
Exactly - I will ONLY go with the factory warranty - for the above reason. I've had some challenges with my 2016 RAM, but other than the "that's considered a wear item" relatively minor issues, it's never been a question. And if there are issues, I can escalate it within the manufacture's management chain. I had a very bad experience with a 3rd party warranty in the past, where they refused coverage, then conveniently went out of business, leaving me SOL. I'm not too worried about that with the OEM warranty.

My strategy - for the last few new vehicles I've bought - is to buy the longest transferrable factory extended warranty I can - currently 8 years - then sell the vehicle privately within 12 months of the end of the warranty. For something like $50, the new owner can transfer it, and be assured of being covered in the event anything goes wrong with their used vehicle purchase. It's a major selling point. Just beware that the unlimited mileage option - if offered - does NOT allow transfer.

The parts costs these days are absolutely insane - all it takes is one repair, and the extended warranty has probably already paid for itself. In addition, it's almost impossible to repair these vehicles yourself anymore. In my 2010 RAM, I had it in for service, and they upgraded the NAV system, which bricked the radio/NAV. A $4k repair, covered. I've had extended factory warranties on 2 trucks, 3 minivans, and my C7 Corvette. For every one of them except the Corvette, the extended warranty was financially a very smart investment. That include RAM, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, and Chevy. All but the 'vette had expensive repairs done during the extended warranty that were 100% covered.

You pays your money and takes your choice, but factory extended for me all the time. I'll be getting one for my 2023 if it ever gets built!
Same! We have a third party warranty on a 2016 Ram. Filed claims TWICE. REFUSED to pay. It’s complete BS. Never again.

truckin-on

Reaction score
Looking at the zero deductible/8 years I am tire kicking instead just putting $5000 into a Roth as a dedicated truck repair fund and investing it in broad index funds for the first years and adjusting the investment choices as it grows or putting a trailing stop loss on it in later years. So it would first sit untouched during the 3 year warranty. The principle then can be drawn anytime, the earnings after 5 years. And it would be tax free. And it is good timing for starting it being in a recession currently. Would that beat the warranty in the long run? Don't know, but if I don't use it all, it's my money and any I don't use would compound over time instead of vanishing at 8 years.
This is a great approach! Basically self-insured and a very sound way to set it up. In my case, I usually sell the vehicle before the extended warranty is up, say 7 years in to an 8-year warranty. Given the up-front cost of $2500 or so, I figure the value of the warranty in selling the vehicle privately is at least $500-$1000 over a similar private sale vehicle with no warranty. So in that case, you do actually recoup some of the up-front cost. Of course if you keep it past the end date, like you said, the value goes to zero.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I'm one month from order confirmed to scheduled. Build has not started yet but it seems 10 days from being scheduled is the trend. Other than the random trucks stuck at off site vendor the rail yard seems the biggest hurdle once scheduled.
So I'm looking at almost a month to go from confirmed to scheduled?

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
Does anyone with a PW or rebel order with two tone paint show that on their window sticker? My equipment listing shows two tone paint but my window sticker just shows the primary color.

I'm not exactly worried just wanted to make sure this is normal.
The only secondary color is black so there's no need to specify it again after Two Tone is listed

engweld22

Reaction score
Is there a ball-park average on that spreadsheet you made for each stage? If so....please send me a ling or instructions how to make that spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet is located in this thread

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
No, 33 days "in production" only. From the start of the order process, it was 68 days (to built status).
That's still impressive compared to the 6 months time frame I keep getting told. (For the whole ordering process).

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score

Spreadsheet is located in this thread
Thanks.... I filled it out on my phone, but it wanted me to use Google because its an android, however; I never use my Google email. Hopefully it will still take my information and send me the email updates.

Users who are viewing this thread