Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

griddog

Reaction score
I put in an order for a '23 Hemi 2500 in early October and got this email yesterday:

We’re happy to share that your Ram 2500 is in our production queue. We will notify you once your vehicle has started the assembly process. Depending on manufacturing lead times, your vehicle may take longer to begin this step. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated throughout the process.

Maybe they're pushing forward with Hemi orders while this gets sorted out.
I also ordered 23 2500 mega cab with the 6.4 the first week of Oct. I got the same email on Dec. 16th. My dealer thought it may be February before they get it.

extremehabit

Reaction score
Mind boggling

actually thats a different part you have listed. Not the tow mode camera we are talking about.

Ohhhhh. I get it now.

The tow-mode camera you guys are referring to is for the Limited, which has the option for the digital rearview mirror.

The tow camera I have been referencing is for the Big Horn and Laramie. It also plugs in for viewing in/on the trailer (wherever you mount camera) but is only available for viewing on the UConnect display.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Is there anything missing from the 23’s other than fender flares, tow mode camera, and 12” digital dash (12” screen in center stack is included, correct?)
I think thats the list…..for now.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Ohhhhh. I get it now.

The tow-mode camera you guys are referring to is for the Limited, which has the option for the digital rearview mirror.

The tow camera I have been referencing is for the Big Horn and Laramie. It also plugs in for viewing in/on the trailer (wherever you mount camera) but is only available for viewing on the UConnect display.
exacctttlyyy. When trailering the rear view mirror is basically useless so having that camera basically make the rearview mirror into a rearview mirror again was the goal.

CortexM0

Reaction score
If your order gets updated with the XH7 taken out please let me know. I want to see if there is any truth to what my rep told my dealership regarding a few weeks to update the order and take off XH7.
Granger said, "I got the request submitted and we will likely see this change/ price reduction in a couple of days or after the holiday." They had previously told me "if we do not delete this proir to 1/6 they will automatically do it".

pr3dict

Reaction score
Granger said, "I got the request submitted and we will likely see this change/ price reduction in a couple of days or after the holiday." They had previously told me "if we do not delete this proir to 1/6 they will automatically do it".

Yeah, I'm done dealing with this rep. I've started reaching out to Stellantis executives on LinkedIn. I hate to do it but I dont know where else to turn.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Will do, I'm loving the 2024 Denali Ultimate... Finding a dealer will be a real task it seems.
Yeah its the GMC version of the night edition. Thats what I'd be going for also. A regular Denali seems to be what a discounted RAM limited with all the options would go for. The ultimate.... Well, I'm thinking its going to come in @ 6 figures.

Aneura

Reaction score
Yeah its the GMC version of the night edition. Thats what I'd be going for also. A regular Denali seems to be what a discounted RAM limited with all the options would go for. The ultimate.... Well, I'm thinking its going to come in @ 6 figures.
Agreed. Yeah, my Ram was 6 figures before discounts, so it'll be interesting to see what the Ultimate looks like all said and done.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Agreed. Yeah, my Ram was 6 figures before discounts, so it'll be interesting to see what the Ultimate looks like all said and done.
Yeah same. Mine was like 104MSRP or something and came out to 94 after discounts... What Im saying is a 22 denali with every option came out to $94MSRP... I dont know if the ultimate has $10k in more options, its possible but I sure as hell hope not. There is a dealer in Idaho that is giving 5% or so off MSRP on GMC trucks but thats 2600 miles away for me. I need to find something closer. I want to stay as close to low 90's as possible on this next truck.

cjh1669

Reaction score
The XH7 option is the tow mode camera. This is only for use with the digital rear view mirror. On the build page it looks like this:
View attachment 49221

I was hopeful that even without this option that all needed hardware and wiring would be on the truck so I could add the camera later. Unfortunately when Granger inquired about this from their Stellantis rep, they were told "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness."

I started to look into the 2022 camera system, but it looks like there are some changes and the XH7 options aren't interchangeable between the 22 and the 23.
View attachment 49222
View attachment 49223
I wonder if the camera is water proof?

Craigr925

Reaction score
Early Christmas present this morning! My 2023 3500 Laramie CTD 4x4 Crew Cab's status was updated overnight to "In Production December 21". Estimated delivery date Feb 15. Order was placed Oct 19; got VIN couple of days later; moved to "scheduled" status on Dec 6. Now I just have to hope what I ordered is what is being built.

Aneura

Reaction score
Yeah same. Mine was like 104MSRP or something and came out to 94 after discounts... What Im saying is a 22 denali with every option came out to $94MSRP... I dont know if the ultimate has $10k in more options, its possible but I sure as hell hope not. There is a dealer in Idaho that is giving 5% or so off MSRP on GMC trucks but thats 2600 miles away for me. I need to find something closer. I want to stay as close to low 90's as possible on this next truck.
Yeah, Dave Smith I assume? Is used to live in Seattle, very familiar with them.. I’m in Florida. Kw, so same issue as you.

Jcp6263

Reaction score
rivard buick gmc tampa fl is 10% off there 23 hd truck and last year they where 15% off there 22 trucks I haven’t looked into the new 24s but I’m sure they will be giving a discount on them to

Users who are viewing this thread