Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reaction score
So got a call from the dealer. They said the 12” infotainment screen isn’t going to be offered on ANY of the trim levels for 23. I asked them to confirm that it isn’t even available on the limited.

I apologize if this has been covered already, I may have been mixing up the 12” digital gauges and 12” infotainment screen when reading previous posts. I knew there was issues with the new digital gauge cluster but I’m kind of shocked they supposedly aren’t going to offer the 12” infotainment screen. That’s been available for a few years I think.

extremehabit

Reaction score
So got a call from the dealer. They said the 12” infotainment screen isn’t going to be offered on ANY of the trim levels for 23. I asked them to confirm that it isn’t even available on the limited.

I apologize if this has been covered already, I may have been mixing up the 12” digital gauges and 12” infotainment screen when reading previous posts. I knew there was issues with the new digital gauge cluster but I’m kind of shocked they supposedly aren’t going to offer the 12” infotainment screen. That’s been available for a few years I think.
This doesn't seem right.

extremehabit

Reaction score
If your order gets updated with the XH7 taken out please let me know. I want to see if there is any truth to what my rep told my dealership regarding a few weeks to update the order and take off XH7.
Sorry, can you clarify which option this is? Only trailer camera options I know of are "trailer camera wiring (no camera) by Mopar" and "Towing Technology Group." The latter has the surround-view camera system, trailer reverse guidance and center stop lamp w/ cargo view camera.

Akbison

Reaction score
12" Uconnect is now standard on the Big Horn level B group which makes no sense. Something isn't adding up...

BSN81

Reaction score
12" Uconnect is now standard on the Big Horn level B group which makes no sense. Something isn't adding up...
Next call will be....sorry folks there is a tire shortage so.......

extremehabit

Reaction score
Next call will be....sorry folks there is a tire shortage so.......
lol. that already happened. when I put my jeep on 37's that was a major task to overcome for most shops, especially for the popular brands. hopefully that problem is behind us.

DustyLamborgini

Reaction score
My order was confirmed on 9/20, and no movement since. Not that I'm counting, but that's over 13 weeks, 25% of 2022, 92 days, 2200 hours, 132,850 minutes, or almost 8 million seconds! I'm starting to think it doesn't matter how many times a day I fanatically check the tracker. It's just not speeding the process up any. :)
My order was confirmed on 09/19…not a peep and no movement. My dealer has checked a
few times as well and he says it’s still been sitting with a C status, tentative scheduling.

FLARam

Reaction score
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.....

Just got a call from the sales manager @ my dealer because I basically lost my **** on them about not receiving any answers about my suspected screwed up truck and here comes the bad news.

She said that the RAM rep told her that 600+ trucks are in some kind of error state like mine (not sure if it was because of the rambox delete issue or the Tow camera issue, she said it was the tow camera issue) and the RAM rep cant fix my order because of this stupid error and until corporate does some fix thing to fix all the trucks that have this problem we are going be like this for "A couple of weeks". Which to me seems like is a couple months not weeks.

So in essence, don't be the test case and be first to order like me because you'll get screwed.

@brv10 does this sound legit?
What did you order?

pr3dict

Reaction score
What did you order?
1671766692557.png

Apparently the highlighted part wasn't supposed to be offered and is what is holding up my order (According to the RAM rep) and they cant change the order because its in a broken state and won't be able to be updated "for a few weeks"

My order was confirmed on 09/19…not a peep and no movement. My dealer has checked a
few times as well and he says it’s still been sitting with a C status, tentative scheduling.
post your build sheet so we can see if you have any common problems that a bunch of us early order people have.

DPeglow

Reaction score
View attachment 49211

Apparently the highlighted part wasn't supposed to be offered and is what is holding up my order (According to the RAM rep) and they cant change the order because its in a broken state and won't be able to be updated "for a few weeks"

post your build sheet so we can see if you have any common problems that a bunch of us early order people have.
1671767668648.png

Above is my order; I got the call from MD today too saying it was the "Tow-Mode Camera (Wired)" option was unavailable and being removed from my build. I was under the impression this was the camera that you can put inside of a enclosed trailer and view while driving, or as a backup camera. So what does the AVS package include? The digital rearview is included with the A69, but the ram builder says it is the digital rear view mirror with side cameras?

Eli77657

Reaction score
Here is my order sheet thought I’ll share in in D1 since 11/21 hope it helps someone

c54b0dbb5256df2dbf98df47bd2dde75.jpg

CortexM0

Reaction score
Sorry, can you clarify which option this is? Only trailer camera options I know of are "trailer camera wiring (no camera) by Mopar" and "Towing Technology Group." The latter has the surround-view camera system, trailer reverse guidance and center stop lamp w/ cargo view camera.
The XH7 option is the tow mode camera. This is only for use with the digital rear view mirror. On the build page it looks like this:
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 10.54.32 PM.png

I was hopeful that even without this option that all needed hardware and wiring would be on the truck so I could add the camera later. Unfortunately when Granger inquired about this from their Stellantis rep, they were told "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness."

I started to look into the 2022 camera system, but it looks like there are some changes and the XH7 options aren't interchangeable between the 22 and the 23.
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 11.43.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 11.47.01 PM.png

CortexM0

Reaction score
Above is my order; I got the call from MD today too saying it was the "Tow-Mode Camera (Wired)" option was unavailable and being removed from my build. I was under the impression this was the camera that you can put inside of a enclosed trailer and view while driving, or as a backup camera. So what does the AVS package include? The digital rearview is included with the A69, but the ram builder says it is the digital rear view mirror with side cameras?
The AVS package adds the trailer reverse steering, and the new digital rear view mirror 3.0 that adds the left and right side views. Both of these are new items for 2023.
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 11.51.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 12.06.04 AM.png

I don't care about the trailer steering, and ordered the AVS package specifically for the behind trailer view. Without a trailer camera, the AVS package is significantly less attractive.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The AVS package adds the trailer reverse steering, and the new digital rear view mirror 3.0 that adds the left and right side views. Both of these are new items for 2023.
View attachment 49225
View attachment 49226

I don't care about the trailer steering, and ordered the AVS package specifically for the behind trailer view. Without a trailer camera, the AVS package is significantly less attractive.
The good news is, you can largely ignore the comment from a Stellantis rep about not being able to add it after the fact. They’re saying there won’t be any official way to add it. As long as the parts ever become available you can guarantee that someone on this forum will post up a thread about how to install them.

Last edited:

KM673000

Reaction score
Is there anything missing from the 23’s other than fender flares, tow mode camera, and 12” digital dash (12” screen in center stack is included, correct?)

pr3dict

Reaction score
Mind boggling

actually thats a different part you have listed. Not the tow mode camera we are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread