Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BSN81

Reaction score
'23 Limited DRW loaded on order, just got word the trailer 360 camera system has been removed... could be why mine has been in 'confirmed' status since the beginning of September. :|
I had that on my original order, had to remove it and make a new order, as it was supposedly unavailable back in September.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Just got a call from Granger. They are removing the TOW-MODE CAMERA (XH7) from my order. Disappointing, but hopefully that'll allow it to move beyond confirmed status.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Just got a call from Granger. They are removing the TOW-MODE CAMERA (XH7) from my order. Disappointing, but hopefully that'll allow it to move beyond confirmed status.
Did they say why? I have that on my order as well.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Did they say why? I have that on my order as well.
They were told by Stellantis that due to parts availability it was no longer an option. I can either have that option removed, or my order cancelled.

I asked if all the wiring would still be on the truck so that I could add that option later. The person I was talking to at Granger didn't know the answer, but promised to reach out to Stellantis about this and get back to me.

pr3dict

Reaction score
They were told by Stellantis that due to parts availability it was no longer an option. I can either have that option removed, or my order cancelled.

I asked if all the wiring would still be on the truck so that I could add that option later. Granger didn't know the answer, but promised to reach out to Stellantis about this and get back to me.

Jesus... I had my order on 9/11 Literally first few days of orders being opened.. Did any of them get made with the cameras lol?

Also did you order a limited?

CortexM0

Reaction score
Also did you order a limited?
Yes. 2500 Limited crew cab (DJ7M91), with Cummins (2HM), Level 1 (A69), night edition (ASH), trailer technology group (AVS), air suspension (SEB), and now without the Tow-mode camera (XH7). Order confirmed on 9/20.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Yes. 2500 Limited crew cab (DJ7M91), with Cummins (2HM), Level 1 (A69), night edition (ASH), trailer technology group (AVS), air suspension (SEB), and now without the Tow-mode camera (XH7). Order confirmed on 9/20.
Im getting fed up with my dealer. Its been 2 weeks since I asked them to update my rambox delete code and it still hasn't been done and now I need them to update that and I guarantee it is going to be a fight.

jkacz123

Reaction score
Glad mine is built and has all the options I wanted. Now I just want the ram builder page and the tracker page to reflect a black night edition Laramie vs whatever it's trying to show me with chrome . Feel bad for you guys

Aneura

Reaction score
sorry to hear y’all are in the same boat. I’m strongly considering canceling, the new refreshed Ford and GM offerings are very nice looking… I’m not a brand guy, just want the best…I just wish they also offered the rear air suspension from the factory like Ram does.

pr3dict

Reaction score
At this rate, the 23s are going to have all the tech that my 2014 tradesman had for double the money. I thought the 22 ordering process was messed up but I really feel for you guys.
Lol its sad but true. Im looking around the internet for people that know of good dealers to buy GM trucks from. Dealership around me are snobby and charging MSRP, won't even take GM supplier discount. I hate working with dealerships

pizzatots

Reaction score
I really dont think Ram is the only HD Truck manufacturer to have supply chain issues. They're all over the place, in every industry. We're probably all not smart for ordering trucks during this strange time to be alive.... but here we are!!

Eli77657

Reaction score
I really dont think Ram is the only HD Truck manufacturer to have supply chain issues. They're all over the place, in every industry. We're probably all not smart for ordering trucks during this strange time to be alive.... but here we are!!

I am definitely not smart but what is one supposed to do when they need a new vehicle?

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Each one seems to be handling it a little different. I thought Ram was the better of the 3 handling it, but now I'm not so sure given their recent shenanigans.

The fact that Ram hasnt changed much in ~5 years and still has the same problems as Ford and GM who have inteoduced some major changes for 2023, doesn't bode well for them.

Tater86

Reaction score
I read today GM has put a hold on long bed orders due to supply chain issues?

pr3dict

Reaction score
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.....

Just got a call from the sales manager @ my dealer because I basically lost my **** on them about not receiving any answers about my suspected screwed up truck and here comes the bad news.

She said that the RAM rep told her that 600+ trucks are in some kind of error state like mine (not sure if it was because of the rambox delete issue or the Tow camera issue, she said it was the tow camera issue) and the RAM rep cant fix my order because of this stupid error and until corporate does some fix thing to fix all the trucks that have this problem we are going be like this for "A couple of weeks". Which to me seems like is a couple months not weeks.

So in essence, don't be the test case and be first to order like me because you'll get screwed.

@brv10 does this sound legit?

pr3dict

Reaction score
If your order gets updated with the XH7 taken out please let me know. I want to see if there is any truth to what my rep told my dealership regarding a few weeks to update the order and take off XH7.

Users who are viewing this thread