Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jsalbre

Reaction score
Last model year there was no tracker until July. Our only alternative for info was to go to RamChat and ask them - that was like sticking a rusty coat hanger in your eye with the vague responses we would get. So the tracker is light years better than what we had, but it can lag in time 75% of the time, but it eventually catches up. Or, it can change 3 times in one day from a delivery date, to TBD, to a different deliver date :cool:
I remember when I was waiting for my '20 to get built several times Ram Chat told me they weren't allowed to give me the build status. I'd have to disconnect and try again with a different agent.

ollicat

Reaction score
I am a strange one too. I actually want my 23 to get delayed to around June. That is when I receive a substantial tax refund to help with the down payment.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Did you get the bed group?
Well howdy partner!!! Figured you’d be still hanging around…LOL! But you sir, are, and continue to be, DA MAN!

I did not - I upgraded to the Longhorn from the Laramie, and the items in the Bed Liner Group were all in the Longhorn Level 1 when I placed the order.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I remember when I was waiting for my '20 to get built several times Ram Chat told me they weren't allowed to give me the build status. I'd have to disconnect and try again with a different agent.
LOL!!! And then you had to hire an interpreter to figure out exactly what their vague language meant.

Last edited:

pr3dict

Reaction score
My order was confirmed on 9/20, and no movement since. Not that I'm counting, but that's over 13 weeks, 25% of 2022, 92 days, 2200 hours, 132,850 minutes, or almost 8 million seconds! I'm starting to think it doesn't matter how many times a day I fanatically check the tracker. It's just not speeding the process up any. :)
Wow when you put it that way... I cant believe 25% of the year has gone by since ordering... Well good news is the 2024 Silverado/Sierra orders open up next month :)

LETS ALL GET EXCITED FOR THAT!!!

Drew M

Reaction score
Wow when you put it that way... I cant believe 25% of the year has gone by since ordering... Well good news is the 2024 Silverado/Sierra orders open up next month :)

LETS ALL GET EXCITED FOR THAT!!!
I looked at current Chevy/GMC and Fords and I wasn’t really impressed. I don’t know what the late 23/24’s will be like, but I’ll stay with RAM. No one is going to get HD trucks out any faster nor less $$.

Last edited:

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Welp I decided to walk away from my order due to Ram’s shenanigans with with changing my accepted order…that was placed in Sept. Dealer understood. If im spending that kind of money I want exactly what I ordered not almost what I ordered. Ram didnt seem inclined to help with their mistake either. I told them Id wait a few months if it would change their ability to fulfill my order, as ordered. It didnt.

At this point I think ill just wait a few months and see what happens with the other trucks. Im not in a rush.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I looked at current Chevy/GMC and Fords and I wasn’t really impressed. I don’t know what the late 23/24’s will be lime, but I’ll stay with RAM. No one is going to get HD trucks out any faster nor less $$.
That's actually kinda incorrect... The Chevys are made in Indiana so the whole shipping issue is not as pronounced. Also their MSRP for a similar specced unit is about $12k less then RAM...

Also the 24s are sexy go look at them, promos have been released.

jsalbre

Reaction score
That's actually kinda incorrect... The Chevys are made in Indiana so the whole shipping issue is not as pronounced. Also their MSRP for a similar specced unit is about $12k less then RAM...

Also the 24s are sexy go look at them, promos have been released.
The odds of them actually having all the parts are slim though. Ram may be pulling options, but GM is just shipping out vehicles with missing parts and telling people that they may give them the parts to finish their trucks at a later date. Things like heated seat modules, trailer brake controllers, cameras, etc.

Tlgdiesel

Reaction score
I’m a little concerned with my order, the order guide shows everything below the Laramie is the 3.5” display cluster JAK, the Laramie as the 7” display cluster JAL, and the Longhorn and Limited as the 12.5” display JAN. My build doesn’t list any of them!

Attachments

• 742D1788-2DA6-40FF-B62B-3CD905B40281.png
    742D1788-2DA6-40FF-B62B-3CD905B40281.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’m a little concerned with my order, the order guide shows everything below the Laramie is the 3.5” display cluster JAK, the Laramie as the 7” display cluster JAL, and the Longhorn and Limited as the 12.5” display JAN. My build doesn’t list any of them!
They only show codes for options. If you have the standard features for a model they won’t be listed there.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
My order shows even less then yours, I placed mine October 20th, BRV10 (the man in the know) said to not worry about it since it was accepted.

{"statusCode":"200","orderstatus":[{"statusCode":"C","statusDesc":"Order Confirmed","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"2022-10-20","display":"Y","currentStatus":"Y","order":"1"},{"statusCode":"D1","statusDesc":"Scheduled","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"2"},{"statusCode":"E","statusDesc":"In Production","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"3"},{"statusCode":"KZ","statusDesc":"Vehicle Built","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"4"},{"statusCode":"KZM","statusDesc":"Shipped","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"5"},{"statusCode":"KZX","statusDesc":"Delivered","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"N","currentStatus":"N","order":"6"}],"vinDetails":{"brandName":"RAM","modelName":"3500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 4WD","modelYear":"2023","vin":"3C63R3RL3PG524273","von":"57424458","paintSalescode":"","bodyModelCode":"D28M92","cllp":"","image":""},"dealerDetails":{"name":"Granger Motors Inc","address":"1708 Sycamore Street","city":"Granger","state":"IA","zip":"50109","phoneNumber":"5159992224","lat":"+04175770","longitude":"-09382450","dealerWebsiteUrl":"https://www.grangermotors.com"}}

dmhines

Reaction score
My order shows even less then yours, I placed mine October 20th, BRV10 (the man in the know) said to not worry about it since it was accepted.

{"statusCode":"200","orderstatus":[{"statusCode":"C","statusDesc":"Order Confirmed","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"2022-10-20","display":"Y","currentStatus":"Y","order":"1"},{"statusCode":"D1","statusDesc":"Scheduled","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"2"},{"statusCode":"E","statusDesc":"In Production","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"3"},{"statusCode":"KZ","statusDesc":"Vehicle Built","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"4"},{"statusCode":"KZM","statusDesc":"Shipped","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"Y","currentStatus":"N","order":"5"},{"statusCode":"KZX","statusDesc":"Delivered","arrivalDate":"","statusUpdateDate":"","display":"N","currentStatus":"N","order":"6"}],"vinDetails":{"brandName":"RAM","modelName":"3500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 4WD","modelYear":"2023","vin":"3C63R3RL3PG524273","von":"57424458","paintSalescode":"","bodyModelCode":"D28M92","cllp":"","image":""},"dealerDetails":{"name":"Granger Motors Inc","address":"1708 Sycamore Street","city":"Granger","state":"IA","zip":"50109","phoneNumber":"5159992224","lat":"+04175770","longitude":"-09382450","dealerWebsiteUrl":"https://www.grangermotors.com"}}
You get your sales build codes off the truck graphic that is produced in the tracker ... if your right click on the graphic and open in new window it will great a url link showing all your codes as part of the link ..

Greg10yes

Reaction score
You get your sales build codes off the truck graphic that is produced in the tracker ... if your right click on the graphic and open in new window it will great a url link showing all your codes as part of the link ..
You mean this graphic that doesn't exist?

1671714807673.png

dmhines

Reaction score
Can you still right click on broken image and open in new window ?

Aneura

Reaction score
'23 Limited DRW loaded on order, just got word the trailer 360 camera system has been removed... could be why mine has been in 'confirmed' status since the beginning of September. :|

Users who are viewing this thread