Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

the5thsoth

Reaction score
Went ahead and got myself and order and a VON. Of course, in my excitement I tried checking it in the Ram tracker too soon and locked myself out. I wonder if that is a timed lock out or not. Anybody know?

for reference my VON is 57973799 I think someone here is keeping track of these? 2023 Power Wagon level 1 with tow package and bed package.

Tater86

Reaction score
Went ahead and got myself and order and a VON. Of course, in my excitement I tried checking it in the Ram tracker too soon and locked myself out. I wonder if that is a timed lock out or not. Anybody know?

for reference my VON is 57973799 I think someone here is keeping track of these? 2023 Power Wagon level 1 with tow package and bed package.
There is a link to a spreadsheet on page one of the forum below you can enter your information:

the5thsoth

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Put my VON in there but it also says it can't be found. I assume it's because I am still too early with it.

jkacz123

Reaction score
Ram Rebel 2023 they show non-functional
Wouldn't base much off a pre production manufacturer plate display truck. Even if it wasn't, I'm willing to bet the sheet metal was purposefully left open to allow it to be made functional. Take the Srt10 ram and the Daytona ram for example. Both the same exact hood but Srt10 had a functional scoop while the Daytona had a blanked scoop. Could easily be swapped for the functional ram one.

My bet would be Banks creating it within the first year of no ram package offers it to buy as an OEM functional scoop

Kauffmj1

Reaction score

Tuck in for a long wait! I ordered almost the same truck back in Sept and it just went D1 scheduled 11/21 with no movement since then.

That ram order tracker seems pretty janky for some folks. I put my order in and later that day the VON pulled up my VIN and everything. Others put their orders in and it didn't pull anything for quite some time.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
For those of you who don’t know, I ordered a 2022 Laramie HO CCLB Dually last March, received in August, and totaled it in September. This being my second rodeo in the last 9 months for a replacement 2023, I thought I would add by 2 cents of wisdom I learned the last go around thinking it may help some as I see the same questions from last model year popping up:
  • When you go D1, you’re going to get a delivery date on the tracker (or from the dealer). This is NOT your delivery date to the dealer; it is your delivery to the next stage of the order process. In this case, your delivery date is your build date.
  • Your build date can change and probably will. What we did see is it never changed more than 3 times (mine only changed twice).
  • There is no rhyme or reason as to the order in which trucks are built. I watched trucks ordered 6-8 weeks after my order built and delivered while I sat in limbo waiting to enter the production line. I think the foreman comes in to work on Monday, hungover, and throws darts at the “wheel of build”, and wherever they fall is the next up for the week.
  • Actual production line is 8 hours. When your truck enters the line, it pops out the other side minus outside vendor parts in 8 hours.
  • When you go to outside vendors for accessories, it can be for 2 days, or it can be for months. It can be anything, from a side-step to a bolt to hold said side-step in place. Mine sat at the vendors for 61 days, and the joke was it was because the spray nozzle on the applicator for the bed liner was clogged and they were waiting on a new one to arrive. In the meantime, my truck had to go to AA Meetings when it made it to the states with the amount of partying that took place.
  • When you finally leave the outside vendor and moved to the lot to await your freedom flight (train to the states), they do not move them from the lot to an awaiting train in the order received. I watched trucks sit for a month, while others moved from the assembly line straight to a train.
  • Once we get further along, you can actually track your truck on the train as long as you have a carrier and rail car number, which you can get from the dealer.
  • Trucks will and do get damaged in shipment. Mostly what we saw was bumpers being replaced at the dealers from the train ride.
  • Remember the dealer wants your truck as much as you do when they truck goes KZ. They are invoiced and pay for it then, so until they get it, they are paying interest on the loan at the end of every month until you cut them a check.
  • Please, please, please resist the urge to:
    • Pester people on this forum who are in the know to “check the status” of your order. They are all people who have jobs, and lives, who are helping out when they can however they can. They are a wealth of knowledge, but let’s not take advantage of their kindness.
    • Post a question without taking the time to read the last 35 pages to see if it has been broached already, because it probably has. Or use the search bar.
  • Don’t be a forum stalker. Help a brother out. If you find out information through research or contacts, share with the group. We are all expectant mothers and fathers, here for each other in the waiting room, to get through this long drawn out process.
  • But most of all: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride! You’ll meet some great people here over the months, and nothing you do or say will get your truck here any sooner!
I am sure there is more and I’ll add to it as I remember, but don’t hold your breath. At my age I can’t remember what I had for breakfast. Hope this helps some!

Lst1504

Reaction score
For those of you who don’t know, I ordered a 2022 Laramie HO CCLB Dually last March, received in August, and totaled it in September. This being my second rodeo in the last 9 months for a replacement 2023, I thought I would add by 2 cents of wisdom I learned the last go around thinking it may help some as I see the same questions from last model year popping up:
  • When you go D1, you’re going to get a delivery date on the tracker (or from the dealer). This is NOT your delivery date to the dealer; it is your delivery to the next stage of the order process. In this case, your delivery date is your build date.
  • Your build date can change and probably will. What we did see is it never changed more than 3 times (mine only changed twice).
  • There is no rhyme or reason as to the order in which trucks are built. I watched trucks ordered 6-8 weeks after my order built and delivered while I sat in limbo waiting to enter the production line. I think the foreman comes in to work on Monday, hungover, and throws darts at the “wheel of build”, and wherever they fall is the next up for the week.
  • Actual production line is 8 hours. When your truck enters the line, it pops out the other side minus outside vendor parts in 8 hours.
  • When you go to outside vendors for accessories, it can be for 2 days, or it can be for months. It can be anything, from a side-step to a bolt to hold said side-step in place. Mine sat at the vendors for 61 days, and the joke was it was because the spray nozzle on the applicator for the bed liner was clogged and they were waiting on a new one to arrive. In the meantime, my truck had to go to AA Meetings when it made it to the states with the amount of partying that took place.
  • When you finally leave the outside vendor and moved to the lot to await your freedom flight (train to the states), they do not move them from the lot to an awaiting train in the order received. I watched trucks sit for a month, while others moved from the assembly line straight to a train.
  • Once we get further along, you can actually track your truck on the train as long as you have a carrier and rail car number, which you can get from the dealer.
  • Trucks will and do get damaged in shipment. Mostly what we saw was bumpers being replaced at the dealers from the train ride.
  • Remember the dealer wants your truck as much as you do when they truck goes KZ. They are invoiced and pay for it then, so until they get it, they are paying interest on the loan at the end of every month until you cut them a check.
    • Pester people on this forum who are in the know to “check the status” of your order. They are all people who have jobs, and lives, who are helping out when they can however they can. They are a wealth of knowledge, but let’s not take advantage of their kindness.
    • Post a question without taking the time to read the last 35 pages to see if it has been broached already, because it probably has. Or use the search bar.
  • Don’t be a forum stalker. Help a brother out. If you find out information through research or contacts, share with the group. We are all expectant mothers and fathers, here for each other in the waiting room, to get through this long drawn out process.
  • But most of all: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride! You’ll meet some great people here over the months, and nothing you do or say will get your truck here any sooner!
I am sure there is more and I’ll add to it as I remember, but don’t hold your breath. At my age I can’t remember what I had for breakfast. Hope this helps some!
Just a, for instance, my 22 was ordered 7-25_22 built 8-17 kzld from that point on, just received notification it has been put on train 12-21, hopefully this last date holds up

Drew M

Reaction score
Thanks for your explanations, especially the use of "delivery date"!. Your explanation has helped me better understand the different phraseology, process and timelines.
sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I hope the replacement process goes smoothly for you.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Amen Pacnw1963!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Thanks for your explanations, especially the use of "delivery date"!. Your explanation has helped me better understand the different phraseology, process and timelines.
sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I hope the replacement process goes smoothly for you.
It's all good. I figure I got the bed step on this one I regretted not getting on the last one :D

CortexM0

Reaction score
My order was confirmed on 9/20, and no movement since. Not that I'm counting, but that's over 13 weeks, 25% of 2022, 92 days, 2200 hours, 132,850 minutes, or almost 8 million seconds! I'm starting to think it doesn't matter how many times a day I fanatically check the tracker. It's just not speeding the process up any. :)

pacnw1963

Reaction score
My order was confirmed on 9/20, and no movement since. Not that I'm counting, but that's over 13 weeks, 25% of 2022, 92 days, 2200 hours, 132,850 minutes, or almost 8 million seconds! I'm starting to think it doesn't matter how many times a day I fanatically check the tracker. It's just not speeding the process up any. :)
Last model year there was no tracker until July. Our only alternative for info was to go to RamChat and ask them - that was like sticking a rusty coat hanger in your eye with the vague responses we would get. So the tracker is light years better than what we had, but it can lag in time 75% of the time, but it eventually catches up. Or, it can change 3 times in one day from a delivery date, to TBD, to a different deliver date :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread