Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jsalbre

Reaction score
This picture was on the 2022 site over the last year but had the normal hood, fender flares and a hemi badge on the fender. Interesting they were able to photoshop the changes in for 2023.
A lot of the photos are just computer generated. No real truck or scenery involved.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess this wouldn't have been that big of a deal for me if I hadn't owned a 2020 2500 Laramie that had the flares. I really liked the look and was expecting it on the next truck.
You and a whole bunch of others I would imagine. If I had owned a previous Laramie and was ordering a 23 to replace it, I would have automatically assumed the flares were part of the trim and expected that on the truck. I would never have even dreamed they would pull those as they’ve been standard on a Laramie since the big 2010 refresh. Would’ve been a deal breaker if it showed up without them. I like the look. I feel bad for the folks who will be expecting it, but aren’t connected via forums and social media connections like we are.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Interesting, I ordered a 2500 5th wheel package but other than that the same as you yesterday. My dealer didn’t say anything about restrictions…..yet. However I still don’t have an order confirmation email yet. When does that “normally” come?
I ran into something like this when I ordered my 22. Granger said that the Rambox was restricted and they couldn't order it. They said I'd have to wait until the following month to see if it became available. Mark Dodge was able to place my order with the Rambox a few days later. Not sure if the dealers get only so many allocations for certain options or if it was a regional thing.

BSN81

Reaction score
I completely agree. I'm glad that I'm on here and I am learning about changes and such a head of time, rather than being blind sided when the truck arrives. There are different options that are deal breakers for sure, this won't be one of them.
You and a whole bunch of others I would imagine. If I had owned a previous Laramie and was ordering a 23 to replace it, I would have automatically assumed the flares were part of the trim and expected that on the truck. I would never have even dreamed they would pull those as they’ve been standard on a Laramie since the big 2010 refresh. Would’ve been a deal breaker if it showed up without them. I like the look. I feel bad for the folks who will be expecting it, but aren’t connected via forums and social media connections like we are.

pizzatots

Reaction score
I completely agree. I'm glad that I'm on here and I am learning about changes and such a head of time, rather than being blind sided when the truck arrives. There are different options that are deal breakers for sure, this won't be one of them.

As long as the safety group doesn't disappear. I was going to order a '22 until they disappeared.

superbird

Reaction score
The Black plastic inner fender liners are just the bottom section that goes up about a foot and a half on the front and rear of the wheel well opening, on both the front and back wheel wells. The center area is open to the metal underside of the wheel well. this configuration will lead to mud getting trapped between the liner and the wheel well creating a haven for rust to form. I have seen this on all the 22's 1500,2500,3500. My 2020 has a full liner that goes from bottom across the complete inside to the front side of the wheel well thus closing off the metal section of the trucks wheel housing.

BSN81

Reaction score
The Black plastic inner fender liners are just the bottom section that goes up about a foot and a half on the front and rear of the wheel well opening, on both the front and back wheel wells. The center area is open to the metal underside of the wheel well. this configuration will lead to mud getting trapped between the liner and the wheel well creating a haven for rust to form. I have seen this on all the 22's 1500,2500,3500. My 2020 has a full liner that goes from bottom across the complete inside to the front side of the wheel well thus closing off the metal section of the trucks wheel housing.
Yikes. This is not good.

BSN81

Reaction score
Does any know where I can find the 2023 of this document? This is for the 2022. I have it in printed form, but I can't find the digital form now, and I have no idea where I got it. CE0A9DCD-89CD-4783-BE26-5A2EAA1908EA.png

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My 22 BH has full liners, did have to pay for the rear ones, but the fronts come with the truck

pizzatots

Reaction score
One positive I’ve noticed is the ‘23s have the newer style steering wheel buttons that are on my ‘20 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread