Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Yankst28

Reaction score
Ordered this truck a week ago or so, or thought I did. Asked dealer for von number and he sent me this. Restriction? Did my dealer do something wrong or is Ram not taking orders? Thank you in advance for your knowledge. View attachment 48425
Interesting, I ordered a 2500 5th wheel package but other than that the same as you yesterday. My dealer didn’t say anything about restrictions…..yet. However I still don’t have an order confirmation email yet. When does that “normally” come?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, I ordered a 2500 5th wheel package but other than that the same as you yesterday. My dealer didn’t say anything about restrictions…..yet. However I still don’t have an order confirmation email yet. When does that “normally” come?
Every 2023 POC I’ve seen thus far has had the truck itself highlighted as “restriction”. I inquired and was told the restriction pertains only to dealer stock units? Not sure what that means. Perhaps dealers are not allowed to order stock units yet?

FLARam

Reaction score
This is good to see. Was literally wracking my brain trying to figure out why mine looked "off"

If I put 2022 in my URL this is the truck that spits out:

View attachment 48419

Compare that to the 2023 that pops out:
View attachment 48420

Does make me wonder what we all might be missing in the end - that we had no idea going in to this..
Can you even add fender flares pot production??

Lst1504

Reaction score
If they are available on other 23s then they should be able to be ordered threw parts department at your dealership, they may even be same part number as 22s

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, however it requires some modifications. Factory sheet metal that is prepped for fender the OEM flares has holes punched around the radius of the wheel well to accept the mounting studs on the flares. Installing them on a truck that didn’t come with them from the factory requires cutting the studs off below flush with the back of the flare and then adding aftermarket body tape or other adhesive to keep them in place. Also might have to change the black plastic wheel spats at the bottom on some trims.

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are available on other 23s then they should be able to be ordered threw parts department at your dealership, they may even be same part number as 22s
“IF” they can get them. Lots of stuff currently on back order from parts supply shortfall. If they’re cutting them from factory built trucks, you can be sure they’re in short supply.

extremehabit

Reaction score
Ordered this truck a week ago or so, or thought I did. Asked dealer for von number and he sent me this. Restriction? Did my dealer do something wrong or is Ram not taking orders? Thank you in advance for your knowledge. View attachment 48425
Don’t sweat this. Was same for mine and build is already scheduled.

Edit: Mine had the color with the restriction note, but still a VON...

Last edited:

extremehabit

Reaction score
Oh no! This is not good. I just reviewed a PDF guide with all the options and sure enough it's not even an option for the Laramie. Only Limited Longhorn and Limited as standard. Man this is very disappointing. If I missed this option, how many other options did I miss and not know of cause Ram changed it between 22 and 23?
Very few. Just what I posted already from the letter.

BSN81

Reaction score
Very few. Just what I posted already from the letter.
Ok well that's good. Thanks for posting this. I wish I would have seen this prior to ordering the truck. I think I should be good besides the flares.

BSN81

Reaction score
Looks like I will be adding my own after market fender flairs and having to get them painted. wump.
I guess this wouldn't have been that big of a deal for me if I hadn't owned a 2020 2500 Laramie that had the flares. I really liked the look and was expecting it on the next truck.

FlyinJ88

Reaction score
I guess this wouldn't have been that big of a deal for me if I hadn't owned a 2020 2500 Laramie that had the flares. I really liked the look and was expecting it on the next truck.
I'm disappointed as well. My 2018 Big Horn has the painted flairs.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
I got a call from MD’s Sales Manager today. He said Ram had informed them that they were back onto a chip shortage and my truck (which was already ordered AND accepted) was now being told there was a problem.

“Laramie Level 2” package would be replaced by “Laramie Level F” package. The only difference between 2 and F is, F does not have the full 12” digital dash screen.

I asked him to push back and see if there was a timeline that more would be available since my order was already accepted. He sent the email on to regional rep. Expect an answer sometime this week.

So, for anyone with a Laramie with Lvl2 package, that might make sense why our trucks havent started production yet. “Chip shortage”

I have not accepted the change at this point.
No update from MD yet. Still waiting.

I will ask about the fender flares when we talk next too. They appear on my RamTracker rendering.

Attachments

• 8EC102DE-20B0-44E4-97D7-2D65211DEDE1.png
    8EC102DE-20B0-44E4-97D7-2D65211DEDE1.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 26

Tater86

Reaction score
FYI-My Laramie Hemi just updated on the tracker to say it's in production with an estimated delivery of February. Looks like hemis are making it to the line.

Rip

Reaction score
My dealer provided a letter from RAM of 2023 updates. Here are general and Laramie specific updates. Says drops painted fender flares.
Just checked my equipment listing that I received yesterday on my just build 2023 Laramie and there is no listing for color matched fender flares like there was on the 2022MY so it looks like no flare on Laramies this year as stated on these changes.

BSN81

Reaction score
I'm disappointed as well. My 2018 Big Horn has the painted flairs.
Well my voice of reason(wife), says the truck still looks really good. Her opinion is that the new hood looks great and without the flares the truck the side of the truck looks cleaner. So I think I've backed away from the ledge now.

pizzatots

Reaction score
For those talking about the Laramie changes, I believe this is the picture of one from the ram website:

View attachment 48426
This picture was on the 2022 site over the last year but had the normal hood, fender flares and a hemi badge on the fender. Interesting they were able to photoshop the changes in for 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread