Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram Connect Subscription Trial

Drew M

Reaction score
Quick question about renewing Ram Connect Subscription. Is it worth the cost?

My trial is going to expire soon, and I'm trying to decide if it is truly worth the cost. I've tried using the phone App, but find it kinda useless. In the truck I mainly use the maps. If and when the Maps update, will I be able to update them without this subscription?

TIA, and sorry if I missed this somewhere else.

Drew

mountainears

Reaction score
I didn’t see the value in it, cost per month seemed too high to add limited capabilities on their mobile app. Might have done it for $5 p/mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I did it. I really like the red light/fixed camera warnings. If it saves me a ticket it pays itself. I was told by customer service that maps would not be live or update without a subscription.
I also like being able to check if the truck is locked from anywhere.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I did it. I really like the red light/fixed camera warnings. If it saves me a ticket it pays itself. I was told by customer service that maps would not be live or update without a subscription.
I also like being able to check if the truck is locked from anywhere.

Are the camera warnings part of the package? I haven’t seen them listed as a service, and thought they were part of the map load.

Reaction score
Are the camera warnings part of the package? I haven’t seen them listed as a service, and thought they were part of the map load.
I was told they were part of the paid package. For people not paying are you getting alerts and if so are they updated?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I was told they were part of the paid package. For people not paying are you getting alerts and if so are they updated?
I have UC5 transplanted in a truck that is not capable of receiving connected services, and the camera warnings work.
UC5 TomTom map updates are free, regardless of paying for services.

jebruns

Reaction score
For people not paying are you getting alerts and if so are they updated?
Ticket cameras are not legal in Arkansas, so no worries there. When I go on trips, I use Google Maps and I believe it warns you of them also. Google Maps warned me of several speed traps on a multi-state trip I took yesterday.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Apple Maps when navigating also provide red light camera warnings and school zone speed alerts FWIW. I tried the Connect/Guardian thing on the Pacifica for a while, never really used any of it and it's available free elsewhere except remote start which I don't use. I think it's a bit greedy on the part of Stelantis when compared to free FordPass and doesn't seem to be as real-time when compared to FordPass. (if you are just looking at remote start) Circa 2019 (don't know current) Chevrolet truck similar Onstar based system was full featured and I tried that also but for the price included the Cellular data as well.

There is a lot of stuff available, bang for your buck? Not for me personally.
Image 5-10-23 at 8.55 AM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread