Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 New Mirrors Conversion (Merged threads)

g00fy

Reaction score
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but the 2023 doors are cut a little different to accommodate the 2023 mirror mounts which are bigger and have an extra 2 bolts, saw somebody on FB with a 2023 that's getting the mirrors paint matched. They took them all apart and posted pics, see below:

1680546733209.png

What old mirrors look like mounted on a 2023:

1680546786611.png

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but the 2023 doors are cut a little different to accommodate the 2023 mirror mounts which are bigger and have an extra 2 bolts, saw somebody on FB with a 2023 that's getting the mirrors paint matched. They took them all apart and posted pics, see below:

View attachment 54525

What old mirrors look like mounted on a 2023:

View attachment 54526
Yeah, I was just recently looking over the service procedure for removal and installation on the new mirrors, and they use drawings for the pictures, and I kept seeing the extra two bolts so I was afraid of something like this. Looks like not much of an issue for retrofitting, but definitely an issue for 23 owners putting old mirrors on.

jsalbre

Reaction score
That’s a lot of bolts. That mirror assembly must be heavy.

donh

Reaction score
Just purchased new 2023 Ram 3500. The mirrors wont extend to trailer mode. Everything else about them works. Took it to the dealership and after 5 days they cant figure it out. They replaced the memory switch, that didnt work. They replaced to window mirror control panel that didnt work. Any help would be appreciated.

jsalbre

Reaction score
This may sound silly, but after pressing the mirror extension button are you then pressing the direction pad to the left?

donh

Reaction score
yes, the mirror extension button/switch does not illuminate like the others. We have tried many scenarios

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just purchased new 2023 Ram 3500. The mirrors wont extend to trailer mode. Everything else about them works. Took it to the dealership and after 5 days they cant figure it out. They replaced the memory switch, that didnt work. They replaced to window mirror control panel that didnt work. Any help would be appreciated.
Did they do any diagnostics or just throw parts at it?

panzr15

Reaction score
Have any of the RAM parts gurus been able to decipher thru the various mirror assembly part numbers to identify whether there is a '23+ configuration that does power fold, heat, and manual extend? When I've tried looking, all the part numbers look the same...

wheelerguy05

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2022 Ram 2500, I love the truck, but I hate the mirrors.
I have found some aftermarket mirrors I like, but I have the 360 surround camera system.
I have not found any aftermarket mirrors with cameras. Are there any aftermarket side view cameras that will work with the ram system?
I don't want to lose my surround camera view, if I decide to change my mirrors.

Thank you!!

jsalbre

Reaction score
The surround camera system is digital and uses a proprietary format. There are no aftermarket cameras that will work with it.

84Daytona

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2022 Ram 2500, I love the truck, but I hate the mirrors.
I have found some aftermarket mirrors I like, but I have the 360 surround camera system.
I have not found any aftermarket mirrors with cameras. Are there any aftermarket side view cameras that will work with the ram system?
I don't want to lose my surround camera view, if I decide to change my mirrors.

Thank you!!
Have your looked into the Suma glass replacements? Seems like quite a few guys on here really like them!

flan

Reaction score
Have your looked into the Suma glass replacements? Seems like quite a few guys on here really like them!
There was just a post about these. I was all in until Guys said pulling a trailer longer than 25 or so feet you are better off with stock mirrors. The mirrors for up close did impress me otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread