Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 New Mirrors Conversion (Merged threads)

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
who's gonna be the first to try the mirror conversion? i definitely would love the new mirrors on my 22....think itll just be mirrors and the inside switch or more complicated?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
who's gonna be the first to try the mirror conversion? i definitely would love the new mirrors on my 22....think itll just be mirrors and the inside switch or more complicated?
It’ll be quite a bit more complicated. There’s an extra connector and wires for the multifunction switch as opposed to the convex mirror switch.
New door modules, and most likely a 2023 BCM will be needed.
The major thing is, the telescoping motors are controlled by the memory seat module. So, wires will have to be brought into the doors from under the driver seat. All of the connectors that plug into the 2023 memory seat module are different than the ones on 2019-2022 MSM, so those will have to be changed out, and wiring rearranged.
Then, there’s the issue of reconfiguring the new BCM for the power telescoping feature, since it’s not there in AlfaOBD yet.

ClawSS

Reaction score
Maybe even the cameras would not align if used in conjunction with the overhead view. Possibly that would also be where the BCM programming would come into play.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Maybe even the cameras would not align if used in conjunction with the overhead view. Possibly that would also be where the BCM programming would come into play.
The standard surround view cameras on the bottom of the mirror arms that face downward/back won’t be an issue. Might just have to recalibrate with AlfaOBD.

The optional rear facing cameras towards the outside of the mirrors (above the trailer spot lamps) are a difference story altogether. Those are for the digital rear view mirror 3.0, which will be able to show a split view in the mirror. The new DRVM 3.0 has its own separate camera processing module under the driver seat for those cameras, the one in the CHMSL, and the tow mode camera.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

What if a guy just wants his power main glass and heat to work? Assuming you can manual telescope

Or is ram going to release some tradesman level mirrors in that style

Jimmy07

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

What if a guy just wants his power main glass and heat to work? Assuming you can manual telescope

Or is ram going to release some tradesman level mirrors in that style
The base level mirrors are manual folding, manual telescoping, with powered and heated main glass. Those should work fine as a retrofit.

regal2800

Reaction score
Has anyone started to explore the posibility of install '23 tow mirrors on a '19-22? I would guess the bolt up is identical. Probably a different control module which would also need to be purchased and installed. Just looking to see if anybody has looked into it yet?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Has anyone started to explore the posibility of install '23 tow mirrors on a '19-22? I would guess the bolt up is identical. Probably a different control module which would also need to be purchased and installed. Just looking to see if anybody has looked into it yet?
It cant be done easily its a lot more integration. There is one guy who is working on it for his 17 (i believe) so he would be the first to do it @Jimmy07

g00fy

Reaction score
I have a feeling it's not going to be so bad IF you can live without the power telescoping. But if you really want the power telescoping, it'll probably be a bunch of extra work. I personally would be totally happy with the new style mirror and manually pull them out or push them in as I need it.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Would be great to get the new mirror reverse lights.

I wonder if my current power fold wiring would work with them?

regal2800

Reaction score
Looks like retrofitting the base level (non power folding/telescoping) mirrors may be possible, power folding/telescoping probably not . . .

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2023-new-mirrors-conversion.12608/#post-237797
Why would it be so hard? The only addition is a switch to get it extend of retract. If the door panel is the same, then swapping out the window/mirror control assembly should solve it. We would probably need to run two additional wires to each window but that’s not too hard.

tyler2you

Reaction score

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Why would it be so hard? The only addition is a switch to get it extend of retract. If the door panel is the same, then swapping out the window/mirror control assembly should solve it. We would probably need to run two additional wires to each window but that’s not too hard.
It’s a lot more involved than that.

kevin588127

Reaction score
The base level mirrors are manual folding, manual telescoping, with powered and heated main glass. Those should work fine as a retrofit.
May have found a silver lining to not being able to get power folding mirrors on my 22 BH Anyone try this yet?

Users who are viewing this thread