Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Mirrors

Crashresq21

Reaction score
So the obligatory "if this has already been beaten to death" apology......BUT.

Has anyone loved or found a way around the following 1st world problems with the new (awesome) mirrors:

Folding over 5 mph restriction.
If it don't my commute will sooner or later cost me one because others suck.

Work light don't work while in drive.
Yeah it's sorta silly but the more the merrier when it comes to driving back roads.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240402_193651.jpg
    20240402_193651.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 26

phatboy64

Reaction score
One of the areas I drive around in the roads can get very narrow. It would be nice if I could fold my mirrors in on the fly…

wrvond

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I imagine you could fold your mirrors in manually and they'd stay. Quite frankly my mirrors don't stick out any further than the ones on my old Ford did so I've not had a problem with them. I have noticed though that the do seem to work themselves out (estend) about a quarter inch or so without the button being pushed. I have to run them back in snug periodically.

phatboy64

Reaction score
If I fold them in then start driving they fold back out. What I would like to be able to do is fold them in and out while I am driving. Maybe there is an AlfaObd setting…

jsalbre

Reaction score
The trucks prior to ‘23 didn’t have auto-folding mirrors, but you could fold them at any speed. ‘23 and up have auto-folding mirrors, but you can’t fold them above 10mph, and they auto-unfold at that speed.

I have tried a lot of things in AlfaOBD to disable the auto-unfolding to no avail. If someone has any better luck that would be awesome.

Etoimos

Reaction score
My '22 allows me to fold or unfold them whenever I want... but I what I want is for them to auto fold in when I put it in park. lol

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My '22 allows me to fold or unfold them whenever I want... but I what I want is for them to auto fold in when I put it in park. lol
I believe Tazer can set them to fold when the truck gets locked.

bigboost

Reaction score
I believe Tazer can set them to fold when the truck gets locked.
I looked into Tazer and currently not supported for 2022+ trucks. According to their website at least. Hopefully they can make the appropriate updates, I wouldn't mind getting one.
This lol. I just wish they folded in when I park.

werard

Reaction score
So as stated my 21 will open/fold at any speed, can leave with them folded and they do not open over 10mph. However they do not auto fold when in park.

jsalbre

Reaction score
So as stated my 21 will open/fold at any speed, can leave with them folded and they do not open over 10mph. However they do not auto fold when in park.
Yes, this is the expected behavior for trucks prior to ‘23.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yep thats likely why the thread title is 2023 mirrors not 2019-2023…

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This is like a bad game of telephone.

19-22 trucks with the legacy moose mirrors do not have or support auto-fold. No AlfaOBD setting is possible. Same for window global up/down with remote. The door modules do not support it.

Tazer Ram when actively plugged in, has those features, by simulating button presses on the can bus. It really serves no purpose to comment in the thread if you don't have a response that's relevant to a 2023+ truck.

23+ trucks have the new mirrors and have auto-fold - and auto-unfold at speed. Doesn't seem Tazer Ram currently has support for any active changes on 22+ trucks. Can't say if the door modules now (might) support global up/down.

Users who are viewing this thread