Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Edlee

Reaction score
Order number 1 finally came available even though the tracker has it as TBD still today.
But we knew it was at koons sense Feb 2023 waiting on its heater relay recall to be performed.
They tried to sell it to us right before the recall hit. But we were out of town.
Got the email last week about it being completed.
But with the extremely long wait and the life this truck has gone through already. Sitting in Mexico for 6 months and sitting at the dealership for months.
The recalls and the Asian 2022 snap ring transmission issues. We really were not excited about buying this truck.
I asked Koons if we could review the deal of 6% and work out something. They said no. But offered my deposit back. We excepted.

We had placed a 2nd order though Mark Dodge on May 8th and just made it in before the factory cut off the 2023s.

Our plans have changed in the last 15 months and we put a few things on hold while we waited. So why not wait a few more months and get the newer truck. Let's hope I get it before everyone get theirs 2024s. It was tough seeing 2023s driving around while my 2022 sat at the dealership with 4 miles on it.

Truck #1
-Ordered confirmed February 12th 2022
-Scheduled Jun 24 2022
-In Production Jul 18 2022
-Vehicle Bulit Jul 26 2022
-Shipped Dec 21 2022
Estimated Delivery TBD as of today still.

Just thought I would share. Most of my friends and family don't even believe me anymore that I actually ordered a truck.
Ram care and the dealership really didn't care much during extended wait time. Once it shipped, Ram care put it all on the dealership.
Ram care gave me 8 free oil changes for our long wait. But I wanted a free extended warranty, they wouldn't do it. I'm not sure if those free oil changes will transfer to 2nd truck or if I've lost those free oil changes?

Good luck everyone.
You didn’t go wrong going through MD I know the order process is slow no matter who you buy from but they have been (Aboi) great so far to deal with , always been up to date and very straight forward with everything anyone who don’t mind wait I would definitely recommend checking them out but in mean time looks like I’ll be waiting this one out right with ya I think I’m rite under you on spreadsheet we missed cutoff by a hair but hopefully they get us in n out so they can start on 24s

OutWest

Reaction score
Mine order has not delivered. Was built early March. It may have shipped. I gave up on it and bought a Limited from another dealer. First time back to forum since I picked up new truck. Good luck.
Wow after reading all these i dont feel alone anymore.lol. Mine was built 3-31 and still cant get any info from dealer or ram.Contemplating just finding something on the lot and calling it a day. I agree tho. Transparency is key. I know there are thousands of vehicles but how can u not locate $80k+ vehicle. I am starting to see why there are abandoned orders on some of these lots.

dmhines

Reaction score
My truck was delivered to Granger yesterday afternoon. They said once it goes through PDI they will send some pics and the Finance Office will call to arrange delivery. I'll be flying in from Florida and driving it back ... Road Trip !

gprguy

Reaction score
Ordered my truck 9/13/2022. Completed build 2/25/2023. Waiting for the train. I just called and unwound 30 days of RV campground reservations for June.
You aren't alone.. My truck was completed the same day. I've already cancelled all of our 4th of July plans and going to Overland Expo PNW. :(

Hemicane

Reaction score
Got a call on Tuesday from Robert (Logistics) at MD who told me my 2500 arrived. To say I'm shocked is an understatement... Ordered 4/14/2023, in production on 4/28/2023 then built and shipped out on 5//03/2023. It clearly makes no sense on how and when these things are built and shipped based on what I read here.
I learned of MD thru you all on this site and I thank you all for that. Special thanks to @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez for all that they do here.
I'm taking care of all the logistics with MD now and have to say it's been a very good experience so far. I primarily dealt with Anthony who did a great job of keeping me informed. Now time to work on getting this thing to Florida.

Attachments

• My Delievered Ram2500 05232023.jpg
    My Delievered Ram2500 05232023.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 33
  • My Delivered Ram2500 05232023 (2).jpg
    My Delivered Ram2500 05232023 (2).jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 32

m3rd

Reaction score
Got email today from RAM that my truck was shipped on May 18. Per the routing snapshots that Koons sent me the truck actually left the factory on April 7 and arrived in Belvidere, IL on April 18. So "shipped" doesn't mean the date it left the factory. And it also does not mean the date it left heading directly for the dealer as mine is going to Baltimore next, and then to Koons. Delivery date at the dealer per the tracker at this point is June 15.

Anyway, I want the dealer to do minimum prep on the vehicle to avoid ruining anything. Who knows if they'll comply. Does anyone know if there are protective films on the dash panels, displays and interior trim pieces? I want the dealer to leave those on. Is there anything else I should ask them to do, or not to do, when they call to tell me it's on the lot? I was going to tell them to take a photo of the mileage. I also figured I would let them wash it so I can examine for any paint and body damage.

bhal212

Reaction score
Got email today from RAM that my truck was shipped on May 18. Per the routing snapshots that Koons sent me the truck actually left the factory on April 7 and arrived in Belvidere, IL on April 18. So "shipped" doesn't mean the date it left the factory. And it also does not mean the date it left heading directly for the dealer as mine is going to Baltimore next, and then to Koons. Delivery date at the dealer per the tracker at this point is June 15.

Anyway, I want the dealer to do minimum prep on the vehicle to avoid ruining anything. Who knows if they'll comply. Does anyone know if there are protective films on the dash panels, displays and interior trim pieces? I want the dealer to leave those on. Is there anything else I should ask them to do, or not to do, when they call to tell me it's on the lot? I was going to tell them to take a photo of the mileage. I also figured I would let them wash it so I can examine for any paint and body damage.
I asked them (Koons) not to put any stickers on the truck, and they complied. The film was still on the radio, but I'm unaware if it comes with any other. You probably won't get any pictures, they keep the customer paid orders on a different lot behind a locked gate, and I don't believe the order team can even get in there. As many vehicles as they run through, I imagine their PDI team is pretty efficient at this point, but you just have to be sure to ask for what you want.

m3rd

Reaction score
I asked them (Koons) not to put any stickers on the truck, and they complied. The film was still on the radio, but I'm unaware if it comes with any other. You probably won't get any pictures, they keep the customer paid orders on a different lot behind a locked gate, and I don't believe the order team can even get in there. As many vehicles as they run through, I imagine their PDI team is pretty efficient at this point, but you just have to be sure to ask for what you want.
Thanks for the information. Good to hear the the customer orders are kept in a separate locked lot. I think that location is called "TPACI" (that's shows as the final destination). I emailed them a while back about not putting the dealer name decals, or etching the glass with the truck's VIN, or applying the smart codes on the interior panels, and they said OK to that. But thanks for reminding me. They said that they don't even install the front license plate frames unless the customer tells them to.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Got a call on Tuesday from Robert (Logistics) at MD who told me my 2500 arrived. To say I'm shocked is an understatement... Ordered 4/14/2023, in production on 4/28/2023 then built and shipped out on 5//03/2023. It clearly makes no sense on how and when these things are built and shipped based on what I read here.
I learned of MD thru you all on this site and I thank you all for that. Special thanks to @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez for all that they do here.
I'm taking care of all the logistics with MD now and have to say it's been a very good experience so far. I primarily dealt with Anthony who did a great job of keeping me informed. Now time to work on getting this thing to Florida.
I think you got lucky by ordering on your birthday, maybe that was the trick! Thanks for the kind words!

DPeglow

Reaction score
What part of Florida? Are you fly/driving to go get it or having it shipped? I'm in the Tampa area and my truck should be at MD in a week or so. I got the email that it made it off the train just waiting to get to MD. I'm not sure if it's worth the 2-3 days it would take to drive there and back or having the truck shipped. I also have a trade-in to factor so was just curious what your situation looks like to see how I can compare and how yours works out.

Thanks,
I'm taking care of all the logistics with MD now and have to say it's been a very good experience so far. I primarily dealt with Anthony who did a great job of keeping me informed. Now time to work on getting this thing to Florida

Husker1972

Reaction score
Ahhh . . . Another week passes with no movement (built on Mar 17; KZ status since then). I know I’m not the “oldest” one on the spreadsheet, but I wonder what genius at Stelantis thinks it’s OK to keep customers in the dark for weeks on end without so much as a “sorry for the wait” type of communications. The Ram tracker had my delivery date set for 24 May at the time it was built and I wondered what would happen when 24 May came. To no surprise, the Ram tracker changed from 24 May to TBD. What surprises me just a bit is that inventory that is just sitting in a parking lot in Mexico is costing somebody quite a bit of money in lost revenue. Strange way to run a business. Even stranger if your long term plan is to remain in business.

Scherm

Reaction score
Question to manufacturing experts. My truck was showing as build Feb 25th. Until two weeks ago, it was KZ. The tracker now shows it as "Shipped" with a Feb 25th retro date. It has not shipped and is waiting to be picked up and put on a train. My instints are to follow the money when things seem odd. By retro-adjusting my date and perhaps several other trucks, could the truck be marked as "sold" and revenues recognized on the P&L? Perhaps it is to just make the turnaround stats better? It's not my industry, so I'd appreciate some insights as to why it was retroactively marked as shipped.

Tech

Reaction score
Just did my daily check on the tracker and was surprised to see that supposedly my truck has shipped on the 10th. My estimated delv stated it would’ve been may 12th and showed the truck had not shipped and when the 12th came it switched to TBD same as ship date. Now today it says it has shipped on the 10th with the delv date still saying TBD. Which makes sense with my posts (a couple pages back) with brv and he told me it should be moving soon. I guess it’s progress and hopefully it’s actually heading this way now. Seems like I’m with most people on here where this tracker seems to be all over the place, but I thought I’d share my experience so far.

Attachments

• 1C76F6FA-D331-49DB-B3B6-CF676EEF590C.png
    1C76F6FA-D331-49DB-B3B6-CF676EEF590C.png
    678.2 KB · Views: 19

maybrfd

Reaction score
Picked it up! Another for the record books. What a learning curve...some of the features will drive you nuts at first!

Attachments

• 20230524_151203.jpg
    20230524_151203.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230524_151205.jpg
    20230524_151205.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230524_151219.jpg
    20230524_151219.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230524_151409.jpg
    20230524_151409.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 36

tchur1

Reaction score
Just got the call from my dealer that my order was just delivered. I may not take delivery due to some changes in plans and might not need the dually but this one was built so fast.

Ordered on March 20, delivered May 26th. I dont post to rub in the face of those that are waiting but to give hope that some orders do move super fast too!

trainingwheels

Reaction score

My delivery date now is 6/14. I've also noticed the shipped date has changed from 4/7 to 4/8. I'm sure our trucks have been together since the day were shipped. Hope you are able to get your truck before your trip overseas.

m3rd

Reaction score
My delivery date now is 6/14. I've also noticed the shipped date has changed from 4/7 to 4/8. I'm sure our trucks have been together since the day were shipped. Hope you are able to get your truck before your trip overseas.
Correction, my delivery date is 6/14, same as yours. I have another trip before the overseas trip, so I only have 6/14 to pick it up, and that would be tight. Otherwise it will need to sit there until mid-July. Hopefully our trucks come in a few days before 6/14.

Users who are viewing this thread