Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Husker1972

Reaction score
Also KZ since 3/2
KZ since 3/17. Scanning the spreadsheet it looks as though there are an ever increasing number in KZ status which would seem to indicate a railcar shortage - something that has already been posted in the forum. I would think (hope), however, that Stellantis would be putting some pressure on the rail carriers as we’re talking about millions of dollars of inventory that’s sitting in Mexico not generating income.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
KZ since 3/17. Scanning the spreadsheet it looks as though there are an ever increasing number in KZ status which would seem to indicate a railcar shortage - something that has already been posted in the forum. I would think (hope), however, that Stellantis would be putting some pressure on the rail carriers as we’re talking about millions of dollars of inventory that’s sitting in Mexico not generating income.
Somewhat true - except Stellantis has already been paid for the trucks, it is the dealer losing out. All trucks are invoiced and paid for the minute it comes off the assembly line by the dealer. At the end of every month, the dealer is cutting an interest check on their outstanding loan. Trust me, the dealer wants the truck just as bad as we do. Granted, the dealer is still going to come out ahead in the long run, but it still cuts in to their profits.

Husker1972

Reaction score
Somewhat true - except Stellantis has already been paid for the trucks, it is the dealer losing out. All trucks are invoiced and paid for the minute it comes off the assembly line by the dealer. At the end of every month, the dealer is cutting an interest check on their outstanding loan. Trust me, the dealer wants the truck just as bad as we do. Granted, the dealer is still going to come out ahead in the long run, but it still cuts in to their profits.
Thanks for that info. I knew that somebody was losing but didn’t realize it was the dealers.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I knew that somebody was losing but didn’t realize it was the dealers.
And with the stop sale going on and no replacement relays yet, they continue to lose. The lot at my local dealer had 3 trucks in it 6 months ago, and now there are over 75 trucks sitting there collecting dust waiting on the relays before they can sell them. They are running out of room ... but they will come out ahead eventually.

I am sure the rail cars are huge problem given the rail issues we continue to have in this country. Not for car shortages, but manpower shortages. I have a friend who works for UP, and employees are bailing in droves. Crappy pay, no benefits, no paid time off, and the list goes on. Last year we lucked out and 3 different strikes were everted, and they are trying to keep the cars moving, but with far less qualified personnel. It's ridiculous and all boils down to corporate greed.

Okay, off of my soap box - where the heck is my truck? :D :D :D

Husker1972

Reaction score
And with the stop sale going on and no replacement relays yet, they continue to lose. The lot at my local dealer had 3 trucks in it 6 months ago, and now there are over 75 trucks sitting there collecting dust waiting on the relays before they can sell them. They are running out of room ... but they will come out ahead eventually.

I am sure the rail cars are huge problem given the rail issues we continue to have in this country. Not for car shortages, but manpower shortages. I have a friend who works for UP, and employees are bailing in droves. Crappy pay, no benefits, no paid time off, and the list goes on. Last year we lucked out and 3 different strikes were everted, and they are trying to keep the cars moving, but with far less qualified personnel. It's ridiculous and all boils down to corporate greed.

Yes, its interesting that with Precision Scheduled Railroading the corporations are prioritizing profits over customer service and employee benefits. This is not a winning corporate strategy in the long run. I realize it’s a complicated issue but having been a senior manager in my working days it’s never a good idea to sacrifice long term goals for short term profits. OK, I’m now off my soap box too, and asking - where is my truck?

Eli77657

Reaction score
Yes, its interesting that with Precision Scheduled Railroading the corporations are prioritizing profits over customer service and employee benefits. This is not a winning corporate strategy in the long run. I realize it’s a complicated issue but having been a senior manager in my working days it’s never a good idea to sacrifice long term goals for short term profits. OK, I’m now off my soap box too, and asking - where is my truck?

Can I not get on the soap box and ask that? :)

cjh1669

Reaction score
Yeah, my dealer said there is definitely a rail car shortage. With towing season quickly approaching that's not a good thing for me. AS long as the delivery date I have stay s true, April 25th, I should be fine

Kauffmj1

Reaction score

Yeesh man. It sucks you out of everyone waiting is stuck in JB status. Bad enough to wait, but given your brief stint of enjoying your 2022 before it was totaled a month later is just salt in the wound. Hopefully that bottleneck eases up soon. It does seem like some of the steam has come out of these 2023 threads compared to when I ordered mine back in September. It seems to be spurts of guys getting trucks and groups of guys stuck for no known reason.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Yeesh man. It sucks you out of everyone waiting is stuck in JB status. Bad enough to wait, but given your brief stint of enjoying your 2022 before it was totaled a month later is just salt in the wound. Hopefully that bottleneck eases up soon. It does seem like some of the steam has come out of these 2023 threads compared to when I ordered mine back in September. It seems to be spurts of guys getting trucks and groups of guys stuck for no known reason.
I was hopeful not to break last years JB personal best, but at this point it seems inevitable. Salt in the wound is I retire (my second retirement) in a few months, and we are listing our house in 2 weeks and moving in to the 5er full time until I retire (we are moving to the pacific northwest). I have enlisted the help of a friend to move my 5er (which has sat idle for going on 7 months) to where we will be staying until retirement. Our last trip in the 5er was 4/2022, and other than pulling it twice with the 2022 3500 to break it in before the accident, it sits. Pulling the tires off and replacing them in the coming weeks (they are 5 years old and need replacing anyway), and using my wife's SUV to do that. Trying to do this all and get the house ready moving stuff to storage with her vehicle sucks. This is the longest I have been without a truck since 1992.

But, it is what it is. What can you do but continue to wait. I refuse to settle and buy one off of the lot. I've waited this long, and will continue until it finally rears it's beautiful wide-hipped self. :cool:

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I was hopeful not to break last years JB personal best, but at this point it seems inevitable. Salt in the wound is I retire (my second retirement) in a few months, and we are listing our house in 2 weeks and moving in to the 5er full time until I retire (we are moving to the pacific northwest). I have enlisted the help of a friend to move my 5er (which has sat idle for going on 7 months) to where we will be staying until retirement. Our last trip in the 5er was 4/2022, and other than pulling it twice with the 2022 3500 to break it in before the accident, it sits. Pulling the tires off and replacing them in the coming weeks (they are 5 years old and need replacing anyway), and using my wife's SUV to do that. Trying to do this all and get the house ready moving stuff to storage with her vehicle sucks. This is the longest I have been without a truck since 1992.

But, it is what it is. What can you do but continue to wait. I refuse to settle and buy one off of the lot. I've waited this long, and will continue until it finally rears it's beautiful wide-hipped self. :cool:
Like you said, at this point you may as well just wait to get exactly what you ordered. I'm glad I did. There were several used ones I contemplated bailing on this one to get, but each one was missing items I wanted or had additional items I didn't. Given that I only swap vehicles about once a decade, I figured it made no sense to pull the trigger and then regret it forever after.

Isn't retirement supposed to be relaxing?! Between new truck #2, selling your place and moving int the 5er I think all you have left to keep things interesting is setting your hair on fire. Haha.

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score

Hey at least we’ll break your record together this time! As much as I want to just go find a truck on the lot and be done with this I decided I’m just going to wait on the one I ordered. Hopefully we get good news on them soon

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Like you said, at this point you may as well just wait to get exactly what you ordered. I'm glad I did. There were several used ones I contemplated bailing on this one to get, but each one was missing items I wanted or had additional items I didn't. Given that I only swap vehicles about once a decade, I figured it made no sense to pull the trigger and then regret it forever after.

Isn't retirement supposed to be relaxing?! Between new truck #2, selling your place and moving int the 5er I think all you have left to keep things interesting is setting your hair on fire. Haha.
LOLOLOLOL...my wife and I joke that once we move in the 5er, life will finally settle down and the only thing left is making marks on the calendar to the great day. My reloading and competition shooting will go on hold for sure. But I am looking forward to it! And I am the same, since 1992, this will only be my 4th RAM, and one of those three I only had for a month. I seem to average 15 years per, I buy new and hold on forever

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Hey at least we’ll break your record together this time! As much as I want to just go find a truck on the lot and be done with this I decided I’m just going to wait on the one I ordered. Hopefully we get good news on them soon
Amen to that brother!

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Amen to that brother!
Is there any way to know when you get out of JB besides seeing the truck has shipped on the tracker? I don’t want to bother our resident that has the scoop constantly and the dealer tells me I’m KZ… thanks for the insight.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Is there any way to know when you get out of JB besides seeing the truck has shipped on the tracker? I don’t want to bother our resident that has the scoop constantly and the dealer tells me I’m KZ… thanks for the insight.
You’re dealer and this forum. When you come out of JB, you move to KZ or KZLD and get in line for a train. Last year I lucked out and 7 days after coming out of JB prison I was on a train and moving.

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
You’re dealer and this forum. When you come out of JB, you move to KZ or KZLD and get in line for a train. Last year I lucked out and 7 days after coming out of JB prison I was on a train and moving.
Also I would take your dealers word with a grain of salt, mine told me my truck is stuck at the border for what I’m assuming is an attempt to make me feel better about my truck being stuck in a black hole lol

SAMBROS

Reaction score
View attachment 54184

FINALLY got my truck yesterday. It was exactly 6 months from the day I ordered it. I am SO glad I held out for what I wanted and got the hydro blue. It was a tight fit in the garage height-wise and I had to fold the mirrors in, but she fit!
Loving the truck so far!
Beautiful color!

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Yeah. The dealer sent me a shot showing I was KZ and it seemed fast so I asked here and brv10 told me I was actually JB… so I’m not sure they actually know the status. They probably just know they’ve been invoiced… oh well. Thanks for that insight.

Reaction score
Is it normal for a dealer to give you a hard time getting financing numbers before picking up your truck?, Its seems like they're doing everything possible just to get me in the door first.

tchur1

Reaction score
Is it normal for a dealer to give you a hard time getting financing numbers before picking up your truck?, Its seems like they're doing everything possible just to get me in the door first.
I wouldn’t say it’s out of the ordinary. Last year I just got pre approved for financing at a rate I was happy with and sent it to the dealer. Told them if the beat it I would go with their financing and if not I would use the pre approval. Cut the bs very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread